or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Official 25th Sep Announcement Countdown! New MacBookPros!

Official 25th Sep Announcement Countdown! New MacBookPros!

post #1 of 112
Please hold while calculating countdown and setting up widget. Assumption is 10am GMT (UK time) 25th Sep 2006. [insert spinning beachball] 8)
post #2 of 112
post #3 of 112
3 Days 6 Hours 25 Minutes
post #4 of 112
You SINNER! You use Konfabulator! *throws stones*
post #5 of 112
ROFL Dude I use my PC most of the time now... And my parents iBook G4 only comes with 10.3.
post #6 of 112
3 Days 5 Hours 12 Minutes
This message proudly brought to you by Konfabulator
post #7 of 112
Hey, those look like Yahoo widgets, imposter!!
post #8 of 112
Told you guys, man, I don't have Dashboard. I had Tiger illegal copy for a year, then reinstall a few months ago did not go well. So reverted to original iBook G4 10.3, which, if you recall, has no Dashboard. So here we are and I am typing this on a craptacular Pentium4-M* 2ghz 512mb ram WindozeXP2pro. Widgets? Yahoo's my only choice

*My AMD64 Venice OC'ed 2.16ghz 1GB RAM 6600GT 550mhz OC'ed is in a closet a few thousand miles away.
post #9 of 112
This countdown proudly brought to you by Yahoo Konfabulator:
2Days 20Hours to go.
post #10 of 112
Lmao...I love it how all Apple fans (Me + Everyone else) build up hype !
OSX > Windows. Fact || Leopard > Vista. Fact || Apple > Microsoft. Fact
The single best piece of audio you shall ever hear http://media.putfile.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-2-Main-Theme
The single best piece of audio you shall ever hear http://media.putfile.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-2-Main-Theme
post #11 of 112
Where would our lives be without looking forward to the next Apple thing, hanging off every rumour or press-release or keynote or "leaked" documents or patent forms or photoshopped mockup pr0n
post #12 of 112
I supposed we could be out having a real life, but hey, I had dinner and drinks with friends tonight so I earned a geeky weekend.

Also if I go for a run or swim I earn my nerding-out infront of the laptop time for a particular day 8)
post #13 of 112
Oh, also, once you get the whole losing-your-virginity thing out of the way, one can return to normal geeking out Ummm.... okay, yeah..... no offense to any existing virgins out there. It's all cool man, sex, no sex, guys, girls, whatever. You will always have your Mac at the end of the day. Thus we worship that which gives us peace and security. Except for when there are kernel panics. Heh. Please don't take my ramblings seriously
post #14 of 112
2 Days 19 Hours. I go watch some XVIDs now. DailyShow and maybe CSI Miami or maybe sleepy sleep.
post #15 of 112
So... why are you counting down to a Monday instead of a Tuesday? Does it have to do with that photography expo?
post #16 of 112
Oh yeah...RL totally sucks.
I had one of my non-hostile forces venture out there, and he never was the same...*sniff*..again...
I sign this non-existant contract to spending atleast 2/3 of my day in front of a screen.
post #17 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by 132GHz,4TB DDR8 SDRAM,95TB HDD

Oh yeah...RL totally sucks.
I had one of my non-hostile forces venture out there, and he never was the same...*sniff*..again...
I sign this non-existant contract to spending atleast 2/3 of my day in front of a screen.

ROFLMAO
post #18 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guartho

So... why are you counting down to a Monday instead of a Tuesday? Does it have to do with that photography expo?

Please see...
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/...19000003.shtml
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/...14090209.shtml

"MacShrine and MacOSXRumors expect the MacBook Pro to be updated at Apple's September 25th event preceding Photokina. AppleInsider is unsure whether the updated MacBook will be unveiled at that event or be held off to ensure adequate supply of Intel's Core 2 Duo Merom chip."

25th is a Monday. Photokina starts on 26th, Tuesday. We still have no info AFAIK on the TIME of the UK announcement. Let's assume it's 10am for now. Apple has special announcement re: aperture and so on eg. MacBookPro Merom, then 26th the fair starts.

After the UK announcement there'll be time for the American media to pick up on it as day breaks on the East Coast.

A departure from the Tuesday am announcements but as the invite says, they wanna start Photokina a little early this year. 8)

Photokina:
http://www.photokina-cologne.com/
post #19 of 112
Ah. I didn't realize the UK announcement came before Photokina. Thanks.
post #20 of 112
There was just an announcement! What the fuck are they going to announce now? bugfixes in iTunes 7?
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #21 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_greer

There was just an announcement! What the fuck are they going to announce now? bugfixes in iTunes 7?

Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #22 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_greer

WTF? Here's the invite image, it dissapeared from the thread for a while:

So the current guesses are new Aperture and MacBookPros. I do wish I get the PC iTunes 7 update sometime bloody soon!!! CoverFlow's messed up bad. And gapless playback is a bit screwy.
post #23 of 112
2Days 8Hours. Boy the wait is already killing me now. If it's just "Oh look, new Aperture, okay thanks for playing..." I'll go out and pop a cap in someone's ass.
post #24 of 112
Actually, maybe new CinemaDisplays? \
post #25 of 112
It's wonderful to build totally unrealistic expectations.

13" MacBook Pros on Monday!
post #26 of 112
Hey, that's not tooo unrealistic. 13" wide MacBookPro glossy screen. Very possible.
1Day 6Hours to go.
post #27 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilraman

Hey, that's not tooo unrealistic. 13" wide MacBookPro glossy screen. Very possible.
1Day 6Hours to go.

I actually don't think it's very possible. With the pricing that Apple seems to always follow, a 13" MacBook Pro would have to be between $1499 (Highest MacBook) and $1999 (Lowest MacBook Pro). It's my opinion that they covered that price point with the high-end MacBook. I'm sorry if I'm taking a piss on someone's dream, but I don't think that there will be a 13" MacBook Pro. New MacBook Pros, maybe, I don't really know.
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" ~ Vroomfondel
post #28 of 112
The witching (wishing?) hour is upon us.
8 Hours 15 minutes to go until 10am London Time Sep 25.
post #29 of 112
USA-ians, East Coast peoples will get the news just nicely as they wake up. West Coast peoples will have to either wake up early, or something. However, given we don't know when exactly the announcement time is AFAIK (and nobody has given a time anywhere) looks like Europe and USA will have to wait through Monday 25Sep 12pm along their respective timezones to see what materializes. I can stay up until Monday 25Sep 10+pm Australian EST (London 1+pm) max waiting for news... Hmmm
post #30 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by maimezvous

I actually don't think it's very possible. With the pricing that Apple seems to always follow, a 13" MacBook Pro would have to be between $1499 (Highest MacBook) and $1999 (Lowest MacBook Pro). It's my opinion that they covered that price point with the high-end MacBook. I'm sorry if I'm taking a piss on someone's dream, but I don't think that there will be a 13" MacBook Pro. New MacBook Pros, maybe, I don't really know.

Hmmm... 12" MacBookPro? 8) That line of thought is pretty dead now \ I guess
post #31 of 112
8 hours to go!

Sunil, are you sure its 10 AM london time NOT 10 AM Sanfrancisco PDT time ???

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #32 of 112
12 minutes to go!!
post #33 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland

12 minutes to go!!

ROFL WTF
post #34 of 112
There will be no update in 6 hours. I just talked to Steve. Sorry guys...
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #35 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilraman

Hmmm... 12" MacBookPro? 8) That line of thought is pretty dead now \ I guess

Oh no, I totally think a 12" MacBook Pro is reasonable. It'll be interesting to see what really turns out from this event.
post #36 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

There will be no update in 6 hours. I just talked to Steve. Sorry guys...

Yeah, but we're talkin' about Steve Jobs! You got the wrong man.
post #37 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland

Yeah, but we're talkin' about Steve Jobs! You got the wrong man.

dude, what time is it NOW???
post #38 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by sknittel646

Time is relative. Only you can answer your question.
post #39 of 112
ROFL
post #40 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by sknittel646

Just go to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock

This is what the world agrees to be the time NOW. Other people think of time as a finite quality, a veil over the unity with the Supreme Divine, a creation to buffer us from full streamline entry into the Universal Conciousness of Love. 8)
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Official 25th Sep Announcement Countdown! New MacBookPros!