or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Make a UFO!

Make a UFO!

post #1 of 11
For sure, I have got to try this

http://www.overflite.com

Now I live not teribly far from a military base...

and because its fun...
http://www.overflite.com/news11.html

has anyone tried these? do they work as well as this site claims?
post #2 of 11
Sego on his magic carpet?
"some catch on faster than others"
"some catch on faster than others"
post #3 of 11
Call the fire department! My house just got torched by a.. it was a bird... it was a plane... no it was a dumb student who stuck a burning candle in a balloon and sent it on its merry way.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #4 of 11
I used to send my hampster up in those things when I was 16.

Made from crepe paper, filled them up with hot air from a stovepipe 'elbow' set on edge, burning newsprint, they'd go about 1/2 mile before coming down.

They burn really easy though.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #5 of 11
You BASTARD!
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #6 of 11
Did the hamster survive?

The crazy thing about that site is they are launching from Central Park... I can imagine how happy the Dept of Motherland Security is with that.

post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcUK

For sure, I have got to try this

http://www.overflite.com

Now I live not teribly far from a military base...

and because its fun...
http://www.overflite.com/news11.html

has anyone tried these? do they work as well as this site claims?

What with dirt-cheap webcams and transmitters.... some very intersesting aerial photography and video could be done.

I shall not suggest locations of course... that is up to the imagination of the reader!
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister

Did the hamster survive?

The crazy thing about that site is they are launching from Central Park... I can imagine how happy the Dept of Motherland Security is with that.

hmm... pronoun trouble!

The hamster survived, he missed the Hindenburg reenactment.

post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz

hmm... pronoun trouble!

no wonder you've felt the need to repent in later years.

Im suprised these devices can lift a payload, Thats good, as there are a few things i might want to send on a journey. Magnesium powder for instance.
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcUK

Magnesium powder for instance.

hee hee... just take a razor blade to a stack of Black Cats!!

post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz

Oh the rodentry!
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Make a UFO!