or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Num Lock not working on my MacBook Pro

Num Lock not working on my MacBook Pro

post #1 of 4
Hey, I bought my macbook pro back in march when they first came out. I never had to use num lock until recently, but its never worked on my laptop! I push numlock and the nothing is registered into the computer, only the keys like * + - and equals. But all the nmbers don work. can anyone help me out with this one?
post #2 of 4
did you try FN+F5?
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blascock View Post

Hey, I bought my macbook pro back in march when they first came out. I never had to use num lock until recently, but its never worked on my laptop! I push numlock and the nothing is registered into the computer, only the keys like * + - and equals. But all the nmbers don work. can anyone help me out with this one?

I have the same problem, and I boot from the CD and it is working... so it's not an hardware problem but a software issue... did you manage to fix the problem...?
post #4 of 4
Ok for those of you interested in the solution to that problem:

it comes from a setting in system pref / universal access / mouse and Trackpad :

If the Mouse Keys in On... that's your problem... just turn it off and it will work again... ;-)

Thanks to the guys from Macbidouille forum...

cheers

b.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Num Lock not working on my MacBook Pro