or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › The Jobs Presidency

The Jobs Presidency

post #1 of 20
Just had a funny and frightening thought: Steve Jobs as president of the USA...what do you all think a US in the Jobs administration would look like?
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #2 of 20
Terrible actually.
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #3 of 20
I doubt very much that Steve Jobs would be an effective President. Like George Bush, Jobs would bully his cabinet into submission. However, like Clinton, Jobs would probably be a workaholic.

The upside would be that Jobs would probably enact some major public works projects. They'd cost a fortune, but would employs thousands for long periods of time. And these projects would be the envy of the world.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #4 of 20
I can imagine the State of the Union address: "And there is one last thing..."

Demonstrating new weapons systems: "Boom. Boom, see isn't that cool? Boom."
post #5 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell

"And this is really neat: we've managed to put 100 megatons of bunker busting ordinance into an eight inch cube"
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox

"And this is really neat: we've managed to put 100 megatons of bunker busting ordinance into an eight inch cube"

Then he ends press conferences with John Mayer playing.
post #7 of 20
Quote:

Too funny.
post #8 of 20
Quote:

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #9 of 20
SDW and Hassan agree on something???

HolyMcButterfly.
post #10 of 20
Yep, it's true

We are all humans who can actually laugh and have fun !

Thank God for that!

Now if the world can just catch up to we in this thread and get along

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
post #11 of 20
I think we should do a sort of phrase association Steve Jobs State of the Union Address.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman

I think we should do a sort of phrase association Steve Jobs State of the Union Address.

Nick

"OK, let's get started, we've got a lot of really cool things to talk about today. The State of the Union is: insanely great!

(Heavy applause and cheering from both sides of the aisle)
post #13 of 20
New drug plan: $0.99 perscribtions, 5 free refills...
post #14 of 20
Someone's actually tried to put him in the running before. This is why this image is in existance:
Resident Furry, Animation student, and Steve Jobs fan.
post #15 of 20
We've got this really cool new app- er, I mean program - for Medicare: iCare. What is does is it diagnose your condition, automatically files a condition complaint form with the hospital, organizes your recuperation plan, orders your medicines, and it has iLife and iCal integration. iCare for iLife. Isn't that cool? And I thought that I would just give you a short demonstration...

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #16 of 20
"Now, we've seen a lot of pre-, er, subcription-based drug plans, but we think you should own the drugs you purchase instead of leasing them from the drug manufacturers."
post #17 of 20
Quote:

HAHAHAHA.

My wife just said "One more thing. We've managed to shrink congress into a package the size of a stick of gum. It's just amazing. And here it is."
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #18 of 20
Congress: the building, the people or the egos?

post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister

Congress: the building, the people or the egos?

The buildings, eh...maybe

People, have you seen the average congressperson O_O

egos, not in this life or the next

MBA 13" i7/4GB/256GB

C2D MBP 2.33GHZ/2 Gig/120 Gig/256MB
MBA 13" i7/4GB/256GB

C2D MBP 2.33GHZ/2 Gig/120 Gig/256MB
post #20 of 20
As hilarious as the "boom" joke was, I don't see Jobs as a "let's go to war" kind of president. I think, instead, he'd be a hell of a diplomat and negotiator.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › The Jobs Presidency