or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › White line going across ibook screen

White line going across ibook screen

post #1 of 12
All of aa sudden there is a think white line going across the screen off my sisters ibook and it wont go away. Any idea why this would happen and how to get rid of it? Thanks.
post #2 of 12
Ouch. You have a dead/short pathway in your screen. Those are pretty rare, but the only way to fix it is to get your screen replaced.
horrid misuse of cool technology
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebby

Ouch. You have a dead/short pathway in your screen. Those are pretty rare, but the only way to fix it is to get your screen replaced.

Oh well, thats the end of that
post #4 of 12
I have a solution, that should work. If you have Tiger, you can download my widget, Pixel Fix. That may work.

Try it. It has fixed 1,000's of stuck pixels.
post #5 of 12
This isn't a stuck pixel though. This effects an entire row of unresponsive pixels and sounds like a horizontal electrical pathway opened up.
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #6 of 12
I dont have Tiger either.
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebby

Wrong. The same thing happened to my 12" PowerBook. I just "Massaged" the area and it came back.
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbulletin

Wrong. The same thing happened to my 12" PowerBook. I just "Massaged" the area and it came back.

I'll give it a shot.
post #9 of 12
A LCD screen is built of an array of individual pixels and while massaging a few stuck pixels can sometimes bring them back, this symptom does not affect an entire row at once. An LCD works by sending signals not to display an image but change the image if need be. If that signal is interrupted, such as this scenario suggests, an entire row or column of pixels will become unresponsive and no amount of massaging will recover them. However, force may temporarily correct a loose connection if there is indeed one in the screen. What is happening is clearly an interruption in the video signal, likely from a defective component on the screen itself. This problem is NOT a stuck pixel in which your method is highly recommended since they are usually random and generally do not effect neighboring pixels.
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #10 of 12
Yeh, it didnt work.
post #11 of 12
i have the same problem right now with my powerbook g4 (12 inches)

did u end up fixing urs?
if yes what did u do?
post #12 of 12
Nope, its still there
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › White line going across ibook screen