or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › New photo website

New photo website

post #1 of 2
Hi all,

I'm in process of making a new photo website and was curious if any of you have/had experiencee in doing such a thing? Take a look and give me a little feedback? My scripting is a little rusty and this whole thing is pretty much javascript... paypal shopping cart goes in sometime next week, I think.

www.forrestcook.com
I'm perfectly humble and neither are you.
-Dogwood
I'm perfectly humble and neither are you.
-Dogwood
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asaph

Hi all,

I'm in process of making a new photo website and was curious if any of you have/had experiencee in doing such a thing? Take a look and give me a little feedback? My scripting is a little rusty and this whole thing is pretty much javascript... paypal shopping cart goes in sometime next week, I think.

www.forrestcook.com

You are much better off using a service like ExposureManager, PhotoShelter, or SmugMug. I use ExposureManager. It has many advanced features. The only drawback is that the back-end dosn't have the best UI of them all. But for the money, it's the best buy. They only take 10% commision which INCLUDSE payment processing. Fullfilment of your products is a very important thing to consider, and services such as the said ones above manage your photos, fullfilment and workflow best. Photo shelter is very professional looking with a fairly good UI, but lacks some features others have, and is pricey for gallery integration (design matches your site's design...etc). SmugMug has great support and a decent system but again misses some advance features. One major plus about PhotoShelter is it's Aperture plug-in. MorePhotos has good features but has a pricey subscription cost. The major benifit of MorePhotos and PhotoShelter is that they do not take commision. I just started using EM, and have been working on my site. So far I don't have many photos up yet... just two events. Ultimatly I'll probably be selling more nature/scenic photos than event.

http://photos.imcgallery.com

P.S. What do you think of the logo? I designed it myself from scratch. Thats technically only a slice of it... you can see a small version of the full logo here: http://www.imcgallery.com. I'm working on renovating my main link into a flash based intro/about area.

P.S.S. - Great photos!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › New photo website