or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Rove foresees GOP victory

Rove foresees GOP victory - Page 3

post #81 of 176
You know, Nick, even if you did turn out to be right, you're being such a flaming asshole about it I still wouldn't want to be you.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
post #82 of 176
Envy is such a terrible thing. Please try to control yourself.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #83 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman

Envy is such a terrible thing. Please try to control yourself.

Thank you for proving my point further.
post #84 of 176
Quote:

I do everytime you post Jimmac.

I think it is filtering. Perhaps you should stop watching the Sci-Fi channel and mistaking it for CNN.

I think you should remove them from YOUR home. I'll be using my ESP powers to manipulate them and you never know what might happen. Even as we speak my mind powers are making the leftist elements on this board more and more unstable. Just look at what I've done to Fellowship and Hassan's posting ability. Soon you'll all be foaming so bad at the mouth, you won't even remember to vote! You'll be too busy screaming at images of Bush on CNN for 24 hours a day while forgetting to shower or even leave to use the bathroom.

Run BRussell, Run!

Bwahahahaha...

Nick

" I do everytime you post Jimmac. "

That's the idea!

Look people don't like Bush or the republicans. Get used to it.

" I'll be using my ESP powers to manipulate them and you never know what might happen. Even as we speak my mind powers are making the leftist elements on this board more and more unstable. "

You know Hitler went mad before the end of the war also.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #85 of 176
And that's how Republicans close the gap and win elections! They get really fucking mean, nasty, race bait, huff puff, mock and ridicule.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #86 of 176

Attaboy Rush, go get'em, don't let go!

Good doggie, you can do it Rush!

Go ahead, make our day!

Hand the legislative branch over to the Democrats, attaboy, don't ever let go of your HATE, because that's the RIGHT thing to do!

We now return you to your normal thread discussion. Paid for by the Dimbulb Backfire for Democrats Committee!

Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #87 of 176
Hey, look what I found. A link from Pollster discussing how INACCURATE (no it isn't just a faulty memory or my ESP) the exit polls were in the last election.

Quote:
Nearly everyone now agrees that the final, just-before-poll-closing exit poll results gathered by the news media consortium known as the National Election Pool (NEP) in 2004 showed a small but statistically significant discrepancy with the official results. The national sample showed Kerry ahead 51% to 48%, but Bush won the national popular vote by a 2.5% margin (50.7% for Bush and 48.3% for Kerry). On average, the statewide exit polls showed a similar overstatement.

It wasn't that bad, it only flipped the entire margin of victory nationwide and predicted the wrong winner.

A bit more....

Quote:
Well, this week, the Fox News/Opinion Dynamics poll asked a question that demonstrates Democrats' greater enthusiasm for exit polls:

Every election, the television networks conduct exit polls of people as they leave their polling places on Election Day. If you were asked to participate, how likely is it you would be willing to spend 10 minutes filling out a questionnaire? Scale: Very likely, somewhat likely, not very likely, not likely at all.

More Democrats (72%) than Republicans (66%) said they were likely to fill out an exit poll questionnaire. The gap was far bigger -- and highly statistically significant -- among those who felt strongly (typically a better predictor of actual behavior): 44% of Democrats said they would be "very likely" to participate in an exit poll compared to only 35% of Republicans.

Hmmm.... sounds like Trumptman's ESP powers will be confirmed yet.

Nick

post #88 of 176
Here's some real information from a fairly interesting article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15452687/
post #89 of 176
Quote:

Hey, look what I found. A link from Pollster discussing how INACCURATE (no it isn't just a faulty memory or my ESP) the exit polls were in the last election.

It wasn't that bad, it only flipped the entire margin of victory nationwide and predicted the wrong winner.

A bit more....

Nick

You know now I'm really hopeful. It's obvious to all that you guys are worried. It's because you're trying way too hard.
post #90 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate

And that's how Republicans close the gap and win elections! They get really fucking mean, nasty, race bait, huff puff, mock and ridicule.

I find that they mainly become childish. Like a spoiled brats who don't get their way.
post #91 of 176
Here's an example of what's wrong ( rotten ) at the core.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/10/...ism/index.html
post #92 of 176
You post four replies in a row and I'm the one trying too hard?

Nick

post #93 of 176
Quote:

You post four replies in a row and I'm the one trying too hard?

Nick

It's the substance in the posts ( or lack there of ) bucko. Careful your desparation is showing!

I'm just playing catch up. I was busy last night. Also how about your multiple " slam " ( rally around the troops boys ) threads in a row?

It really sounds desperate to me.

Let's see I count 10 currently running right now.

Hmmm?
post #94 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Well, the increasingly obvious manipulation, the erosion of civil liberties, the corruption, the fact that George Bush is a FUCKING INARTICULATE KNOBCHEESE AND AN INTERNATIONAL LAUGHING STOCK, DESTROYING YOUR NATION'S CREDIBILITY AND DIGNITY might have some sway with the American electorate.

You know, maybe it's filtering through.

Manipulation of what? Let me ask you...what civil liberties have you lost? Do you really think the NSA hasn't been tapping phones for 25 years? What do you want...federal court rights for captured al-queda terrorists captured in battle? Oh wait...they already have that. There have been isolated incidents of US citizens being held without charges...which I have pointed out my disagreement with. I haven't lost my liberities...except for my freedom to not have my land confiscated for a new Wal-Mart, my freedom to practice free religious speech in public places, and my freedom to hear a non-denominational prayer at a graduation. I've lost my freedom to legislate through my representatives because the courts can simply tell them to write new laws. That's what I've lost.

As for Bush, I'd rather have a "laughing stock" who speaks with malpropisms than:

-Someone who sells supercomputers and missle tech to China
-Someone who has an affair in the Oval Office with a subordinate
-Someone who delibrately and premeditatedly lied on national television about said affair.
-Someone who makes a useless Agreed Framework that he knew would never pass Congress as a treaty.
-Someone who proposed and signed one of the biggest middle class tax hikes in history after campainging on middle class tax cuts
-Someone who was totally impotent on terrorism
-Someone who was afraid of decisive military force
-Someone who said Saddam had WMD in 1998 and then said he didn't in 2003
-Someone who tried to nationalize healthcare
-Someone who presided over the Waco texas massacre.
-Someone who was offered bin laden and turned him down
-Someone who doesn't know what the definition of "is" is
-Someone who lies to grand juries
-Someone who has his law license suspended in his home state.
-Someone who didn't do anything for the economy but gets credit for it's boom anyway...then accepts no resonsibility for the recession that started at the end of his term.
-Someone who slahsed the size of the Navy and greatly reduced military morale

But hey...they guy was great with race relations and could really speak well. The economy was good and we weren't at war...except we were and didn't know it...but you're right, Bush sucks.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #95 of 176
Quote:

Hey Nick, what are exit polls, and what's the difference between them and the polls that are being conducted now that show Democrats in the lead?
post #96 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001

Manipulation of what? Let me ask you...what civil liberties have you lost? Do you really think the NSA hasn't been tapping phones for 25 years? What do you want...federal court rights for captured al-queda terrorists captured in battle? Oh wait...they already have that. There have been isolated incidents of US citizens being held without charges...which I have pointed out my disagreement with. I haven't lost my liberities...except for my freedom to not have my land confiscated for a new Wal-Mart, my freedom to practice free religious speech in public places, and my freedom to hear a non-denominational prayer at a graduation. I've lost my freedom to legislate through my representatives because the courts can simply tell them to write new laws. That's what I've lost.

As for Bush, I'd rather have a "laughing stock" who speaks with malpropisms than:

-Someone who delibrately and premeditatedly lied on national television about said affair.
-Someone who makes a useless Agreed Framework that he knew would never pass Congress as a treaty.
-Someone who proposed and signed one of the biggest middle class tax hikes in history after campainging on middle class tax cuts
-Someone who didn't do anything for the economy but gets credit for it's boom anyway...then accepts no resonsibility for the recession that started at the end of his term.

But hey...they guy was great with race relations and could really speak well. The economy was good and we weren't at war...except we were and didn't know it...but you're right, Bush sucks.

Or commonly known as " In denial ".
post #97 of 176
Quote:

A bit more....

Nick

It's not just what one poll says but how many of them say the same thing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15455544...storyContinued
post #98 of 176
To fix things we really need to clean house.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/10/....ap/index.html
post #99 of 176
Quote:

I like this list thing. You do it everytime the world is overwhelmingly contrary to your position.

I think it must be an artifact of right wing blogs and news sites.

Democrats say we have a culture of corruption, just because so many of us have been or are going to be indicted in a system of interlocking scandals, arising out of the very way we have contrived to win elections and raise money. Therefore, here is a list of 5 bad things Democrats have done, and Ted Kennedy. Whenever they start talking about corruption, refer to this list and conclude that Dems are the same, if not worse.

Our political culture is based on extremely personal smears of our enemies and the general notion that anyone that stands against us is fundamentally evil, a traitor and crazy. Plus we are willing to lie a lot. Here's a list of 5 outrageous things liberals have said, and Al Franken. When people start talking about Coulter and O'Reilly and Savage and Limbaugh and Cheney and Mehlman and Hannity and Dr. Laura and swift-boating and blowing up the New York times and beating liberals with baseball bats, refer to this list and conclude that liberals are the same, if not worse.

Bush is an objective failure as president, and people are noticing. Really, we can't even deny it anymore. Here is a list of Clinton, 10 ways, much of it made up, and Clinton. When they start talking about competence, refer to this list to show that Bush is no worse than Clinton, if not better.

The important thing is to create the appearance of reciprocity. A good way to blur the shear magnitude of how fucked-up our party and our president have become, and the very systematic way that has been achieved is to claim, over and over again, that there is nothing here that we haven't seen before, that everybody does it, that it's normal.

Lists give the appearance of abundance. Doesn't matter if most the items are spurious, or exaggerated, or wildly misrepresented. Doesn't matter if they are random bullet points with no relationship to one another, culled to give the impression of an equal and opposite pattern where none exists. Just keep churning out those lists, ticking off all the ways "they" are "worse or the same".

Of course, it helps that many on the right are fundamentally resentful sorts of people who can nurse of a list of grievances for years and years, holding each unpunished liberal crime close to his heart and patiently adding to the little pile like a magpie on his nest. Ted Kennedy.

Really, it works for anything. Black people economically disadvantaged? Here is a list of 5 white men who have been screwed. Thus, disadvantage cuts both ways, no need for remedy. Science saying things you don't like? Here is a list of 5 things that put science in a bad light. Thus, science can be safely ignored.

It's always nice to end with "I could go on" to give the impression that you're just hitting the high-point of some kind of limitless swamp of malfeasance.

For a bonus, if you keep repeating your list often enough, over time it will seem to take on disproportionate importance and you will come to actually believe that you are describing the world.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #100 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell

Hey Nick, what are exit polls, and what's the difference between them and the polls that are being conducted now that show Democrats in the lead?

Nothing is different if they aren't weighing the results properly. Almost every poll I have seen this year has a disproportionate sample size with regard to Democrats. It doesn't matter if they are conducted before or after the election if they keep applying the wrong weights to the sample.

Nick

post #101 of 176
Its funny, after 6 years of running ALL of our govt, and what 12 years of running congress everything is still Bill Clintons fault. LOL Republicans take responsibility for nothing,nothing and nothing. Its Bills fault,....911,Iraq,Oil companys,Pharmacy companys,Katrina, Defecit, Torture,Border or lack of one, WMDS,Bush's missing national guard time, Republicans might as well just print big signs and buttons that say everything is Bills fault. Im a Republican and its Bills fault!
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
post #102 of 176
My favorite SDW post was about the "booming economy". Gotta love the power of effective brainwashing. This thread is a brilliant example of that.
post #103 of 176
post #104 of 176
Yep. You've gotta love those hard news/opinion pieces that start with the word "may" in the title when discussing events that have already obviously occurred.

That article is the equivalent of a push poll. The liberal media does it all the time and yet folks like yourself can't see the bias in it.

"By many calculations..."

Those calculations have been off and wrong for quite a while now. For some reason it never discredits those reporting the "many calculations" or the fake news/opinions they assert with them.

There's a reason jimmac loves posting links from MSNBC and CNN. There is a reason CNN is running "Broken Government" on a loop from now until election day. There is a reason Lynn Cheney ends up slapping down Wolf Blitzer when she comes on to discuss a children's book and instead is read as questions, pure Democratic talking points, it is called bias. Bias as news is not reality and polls with 8% more Democrats in them do not reflect the voting that will occur on election day.

Prepare to be disappointed again Jimmac.

Nick

post #105 of 176
Quote:

There is a reason CNN is running "Broken Government" on a loop from now until election day.

I saw that! It was pretty hard-hitting.
post #106 of 176
Don't worry, even if you didn't see it the first time they will only air it about 42 more times between now and election day.

CNN...First in agenda news..

Nick

post #107 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox

I like this list thing. You do it everytime the world is overwhelmingly contrary to your position.

I think it must be an artifact of right wing blogs and news sites.

Democrats say we have a culture of corruption, just because so many of us have been or are going to be indicted in a system of interlocking scandals, arising out of the very way we have contrived to win elections and raise money. Therefore, here is a list of 5 bad things Democrats have done, and Ted Kennedy. Whenever they start talking about corruption, refer to this list and conclude that Dems are the same, if not worse.

Our political culture is based on extremely personal smears of our enemies and the general notion that anyone that stands against us is fundamentally evil, a traitor and crazy. Plus we are willing to lie a lot. Here's a list of 5 outrageous things liberals have said, and Al Franken. When people start talking about Coulter and O'Reilly and Savage and Limbaugh and Cheney and Mehlman and Hannity and Dr. Laura and swift-boating and blowing up the New York times and beating liberals with baseball bats, refer to this list and conclude that liberals are the same, if not worse.

Bush is an objective failure as president, and people are noticing. Really, we can't even deny it anymore. Here is a list of Clinton, 10 ways, much of it made up, and Clinton. When they start talking about competence, refer to this list to show that Bush is no worse than Clinton, if not better.

The important thing is to create the appearance of reciprocity. A good way to blur the shear magnitude of how fucked-up our party and our president have become, and the very systematic way that has been achieved is to claim, over and over again, that there is nothing here that we haven't seen before, that everybody does it, that it's normal.

Lists give the appearance of abundance. Doesn't matter if most the items are spurious, or exaggerated, or wildly misrepresented. Doesn't matter if they are random bullet points with no relationship to one another, culled to give the impression of an equal and opposite pattern where none exists. Just keep churning out those lists, ticking off all the ways "they" are "worse or the same".

Of course, it helps that many on the right are fundamentally resentful sorts of people who can nurse of a list of grievances for years and years, holding each unpunished liberal crime close to his heart and patiently adding to the little pile like a magpie on his nest. Ted Kennedy.

Really, it works for anything. Black people economically disadvantaged? Here is a list of 5 white men who have been screwed. Thus, disadvantage cuts both ways, no need for remedy. Science saying things you don't like? Here is a list of 5 things that put science in a bad light. Thus, science can be safely ignored.

It's always nice to end with "I could go on" to give the impression that you're just hitting the high-point of some kind of limitless swamp of malfeasance.

For a bonus, if you keep repeating your list often enough, over time it will seem to take on disproportionate importance and you will come to actually believe that you are describing the world.

He's an objective failure? You really can't support that. It's debatable, certainly, but:

1. No terror attacks in US soil in five years
2. A strong economy
3. Lower middle class taxes
4. Concrete actions that have positvely impacted the economy (for example, changes to tax depreciation laws, capital gains rate reductions, etc.)

Those are just four quick points. There are certainly many things we can disagree on, but to label Bush a failure is really a tough see. Not liking his policies and him being a failure are two different things.
post #108 of 176
Quote:

He's an objective failure? You really can't support that. It's debatable, certainly, but:

1. No terror attacks in US soil in five years
2. A strong economy
3. Lower middle class taxes
4. Concrete actions that have positvely impacted the economy (for example, changes to tax depreciation laws, capital gains rate reductions, etc.)

Those are just four quick points. There are certainly many things we can disagree on, but to label Bush a failure is really a tough see. Not liking his policies and him being a failure are two different things.

I'd love to believe you, SDW. But everytime I start to look into whether or not he's a failure, google keeps bringing up the same page.
post #109 of 176
" Ok kid let's blow this thing and go home! "

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15497989/

post #110 of 176
An interesting artcle on the course of the election.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15549907/
post #111 of 176
Looks like PEW has suddenly started to "fix" their polling too. You can't afford to advocate too long and actually not be able to point back and claim you polled correctly. It's best to work to suppress Republican turn out as long as possible, then quickly let the last poll "bounce" to a relatively close number.

The findings...

Democrats Hold 47%-43% Lead Among Likely Voters... this "lead" was conveniently polled at 13 points in Sept.

First, Republicans have become more engaged and enthused in the election than they had been in September and October.

What a surprise... the "enthusiam" gap is now miraculously gone.

as many Republican voters (64%) as Democratic voters (62%) now say they are giving quite a lot of thought to the election.

Gee, the Republicans conveniently haven't all disappeared, defected, died, whatever else the MSM has been chattering about for months on end.

As a result, Republicans now register a greater likelihood of voting than do Democrats, as is typical in mid-term elections.

Oh wait... did everyone forget that the Democratic talking point was Republicans not turning out for the election. They certainly can't show up, vote and even turn out in greater numbers.

Nick

post #112 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora

Its funny, after 6 years of running ALL of our govt, and what 12 years of running congress everything is still Bill Clintons fault. LOL Republicans take responsibility for nothing,nothing and nothing. Its Bills fault,....911,Iraq,Oil companys,Pharmacy companys,Katrina, Defecit, Torture,Border or lack of one, WMDS,Bush's missing national guard time, Republicans might as well just print big signs and buttons that say everything is Bills fault. Im a Republican and its Bills fault!

Wack-a-doodle doo!
post #113 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac

An interesting artcle on the course of the election.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15549907/

Interesting=predictions of what jimmac wants to happen

Bizzaro=all other predictions
post #114 of 176
Quote:

Interesting=predictions of what jimmac wants to happen

Bizzaro=all other predictions

Let me be the first to wish you " Good Luck! ".

You'll need it this time around!
post #115 of 176
Quote:

Yep. You've gotta love those hard news/opinion pieces that start with the word "may" in the title when discussing events that have already obviously occurred.

That article is the equivalent of a push poll. The liberal media does it all the time and yet folks like yourself can't see the bias in it.

"By many calculations..."

Those calculations have been off and wrong for quite a while now. For some reason it never discredits those reporting the "many calculations" or the fake news/opinions they assert with them.

There's a reason jimmac loves posting links from MSNBC and CNN. There is a reason CNN is running "Broken Government" on a loop from now until election day. There is a reason Lynn Cheney ends up slapping down Wolf Blitzer when she comes on to discuss a children's book and instead is read as questions, pure Democratic talking points, it is called bias. Bias as news is not reality and polls with 8% more Democrats in them do not reflect the voting that will occur on election day.

Prepare to be disappointed again Jimmac.

Nick

Ya, sure, ya betcha!

I wish you and your " Nutty Buddy " therories good luck also.

And also you'll need it this time around.
post #116 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac

Let me be the first to wish you " Good Luck! ".

You'll need it this time around!

http://people-press.org/reports/disp...3?ReportID=295

Quote:
The Pew poll showed that the Democratic advantage had dropped to 47 percent to Republicans' 43 percent among likely voters, down from 50 percent to 39 percent two weeks ago. The poll found a drop in Democratic support among independents, but Pew Director Andrew Kohut said the most significant change over the past two weeks is that Republicans now outnumber Democrats among likely voters.

Asked about the Republicans polling surge:

Quote:
"I don't know what to make of it," said Rep. Rahm Emanuel (D-Ill.), chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

The internals of the polls have Democrats scared. Examples:

Dems now lead 47-43 in the generic ballot. Their lead was 53 to 40 in October.

Men went Dem 48 to 44 in October. Now they go Dem 46 to 45.

Women went Dem 56-38 in October. Now it's down to 48 to 41.

Whites went 49 to 44 Dem in October. Now it's the opposite...48 to 43 GOP.

White males were 49 to 42 GOP in October. Now they're 51 to 42 GOP

18 to 49 year olds were 53 to 40 Dem. Now they are 48 to 44 Dem.

There have clearly been some major shifts in data there. The link to the internals pdf file can be found here: http://people-press.org/reports/tables/295.pdf

Last week I would have said Dems take the House and Reps keep the Senate. Now I think The Republicans have a good shot at the house. It's a complete toss up and everyone...even you know it.
post #117 of 176
That Pew poll showed tightening, but two other polls since then - from CNN and from Fox - showed the Democratic lead increasing over the past week.

No one thinks Republicans have a shot at keeping the House. It's going to be Speaker "Bitch" "Cunt" "Fag hag" Pelosi next year. The Senate is going to be close - close enough that the votes of Republicans like Olympia Snowe are going to put an end to a lot of Republican silliness even if they retain control.
post #118 of 176
Quote:

Last week I would have said Dems take the House and Reps keep the Senate. Now I think The Republicans have a good shot at the house. It's a complete toss up and everyone...even you know it.

If you look at RCP, the house is pretty much D territory. The D's need to pickup 15 seats from current republican holdings, and have 13 that "lean democratic" from there. none of their current holdings "lean republican". Then there are 14 tossups. For the Dems to not gain majority rule in the house, Reps would need a near shutout in the tossups column (13 of 14 tossups), and/or steal a current dem seat. It looks to me that the house is now democratic. The senate looks like it will likely stay republican, but there is potential for the dems to still pick seats up there.
post #119 of 176
Actually I dont want the Dems to get either the house or Senate. Or win the next presedential election.
post #120 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcUK

Actually I dont want the Dems to get either the house or Senate. Or win the next presedential election.

You'd rather have the same old republican rule we've had for the last 6 years and later on Bush's sucessor?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Rove foresees GOP victory