Yes it is possible! I have used this technique to rip audio tracks from DVD to iTunes. It's a bit of a slow process but it gets the job done with NO quality loss.
1. Download "MacTheRipper" from www.versiontracker.com
2. Insert DVD
3. Launch MTR and click on Mode, then select Title - Chapter from the drop down list
4. Click the small "D" for demux, click Streams button
5. Select the audio channel only, in most cases you will want the PCM 2-Channel option. If this is not available you can select AC3 and convert it later. Selecting multiple will rip them all.
6. Use a small utility such as "AIFF From PCM" to convert the PCM file to AIFF. This is a quick process and can be done in batches.
7. Import AIFF file into iTunes and convert to desired format!
Originally Posted by davidzLA
Is it possible? Several of my favorite 80's albums are being re-released with a bonus DVD (not CD) with 5.1 versions of each track, plus b-sides, remixes, etc. Does anyone have any experience with doing this, is it even possible to rip the bonus tracks off DVD into iTunes? Thanks for any advice.