or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Got your MBP C2D? Let us know....

Got your MBP C2D? Let us know.... - Page 2

post #41 of 174
Depends where you are...
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #42 of 174
Got my MacBook Pro today! Arrived at the mac dealer I ordered it from..

2.16GHz Core 2 Duo
2GB Ram
120GB HD
Matte Screen

So far I haven't had a chance to install all my apps on it, but it seems super speedy and REALLY snappy. Booted up really quick.. I'm coming from a G4 system, so I'm not totally used to the speed boosts people have been seeing with the new intel gear. Anyways.. so far so good!

Anxious to see MacWorld run it through their suite of SpeedMark tests to see where it lands.
MacBook Pro C2D 2.16GHz, 15" Matte, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, iPod nano 2GB Black.
MacBook Pro C2D 2.16GHz, 15" Matte, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, iPod nano 2GB Black.
post #43 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhay

My Macbook Pro just reached AK, does anyone know how long can it take to be delivered once it reaches AK based on their fedex tracking results. I know I am acting silly but just curious and impatient.

Mine is in AK, too.... It's difficult not to be silly and impatient. it would be nice if the stores had a few upgraded models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demenas

Are you scheduled for Wednesday delivery? Did you pay for 2-day delivery? If so maybe you will get it Tuesday, since you are living on the east coast.

I did opt for the 2 day - so hopefully tomorrow!
15.4" 2.33 GHz MacBook Pro
16GB iPhone
80 Gig Black Ipod
16GB iPhone
80 Gig Black Ipod
post #44 of 174
I'm really looking forward to seeing the speed difference between my 1.25GHz G4 Mini with 512mb to my 2.16 MBP.

I remember years ago, the first time I used one of the dual 1.25GHz PowerMac G4's, hooked up to a 23" plastic Apple LCD... I crapped my pants at the speed, and the size of the screen. hehe.
post #45 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwave

I'm really looking forward to seeing the speed difference between my 1.25GHz G4 Mini with 512mb to my 2.16 MBP.

I remember years ago, the first time I used one of the dual 1.25GHz PowerMac G4's, hooked up to a 23" plastic Apple LCD... I crapped my pants at the speed, and the size of the screen. hehe.

It should be a huge difference. Even my iMac G5 kicks the hell out of the PB 1.25 I had. I can only imagine what the Duo will do.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #46 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowenbrown

I did opt for the 2 day - so hopefully tomorrow!

Yup it's on the truck - from Shanghai to Washington, DC in what shakes out to be about a business day (not accounting for the time changes).

[edit] It's now stashed under my desk. I am really tempted to go home "sick"....
16GB iPhone
80 Gig Black Ipod
16GB iPhone
80 Gig Black Ipod
post #47 of 174
i just got email verification that my mbp shipped from shanghai today but FedEx gives no estimated delivery date. anyone else experience this or you had a delivery date?
post #48 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowenbrown

Yup it's on the truck - from Shanghai to Washington, DC in what shakes out to be about a business day (not accounting for the time changes).

[edit] It's now stashed under my desk. I am really tempted to go home "sick"....

Lucky you...Mine was in AK, now it has reached Indianapolis so still another day I guess. I had also requested 2 day shipping but it is taking 3 days I guess.
post #49 of 174
Damnit abhay, are you my neighbor?

If so, I've been stealing your internet the last 5 months. Thanks...
post #50 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by fongyuen

i just got email verification that my mbp shipped from shanghai today but FedEx gives no estimated delivery date. anyone else experience this or you had a delivery date?

I didn't have a delivery date for about 24 hrs. In my experience (with packages from other people, but from Asia), fedex e-files the customs paperwork, and doesn't give an estimate until they know if it'll be pre-cleared. If customs wants to take a look it adds a day. I have been told that with direct distribution of products such as this hold-ups are rare.
16GB iPhone
80 Gig Black Ipod
16GB iPhone
80 Gig Black Ipod
post #51 of 174
I got mine this morning, 7 days ahead of schedule! The 160GB drive is a Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00, better known as a Travelstar 5K160 - two platter, perpendicular recording drive. Real capacity is 149gb, but I guess that is usual? xbench scores on the drive:

\tSystem Info\t\t
\t\tXbench Version\t\t1.3
\t\tSystem Version\t\t10.4.8 (8N1037)
\t\tPhysical RAM\t\t1024 MB
\t\tModel\t\tMacBookPro2,2
\t\tDrive Type\t\tHitachi HTS541616J9SA00
\tDisk Test\t38.38\t
\t\tSequential\t60.47\t
\t\t\tUncached Write\t66.21\t40.65 MB/sec [4K blocks]
\t\t\tUncached Write\t60.13\t34.02 MB/sec [256K blocks]
\t\t\tUncached Read\t50.59\t14.81 MB/sec [4K blocks]
\t\t\tUncached Read\t68.24\t34.30 MB/sec [256K blocks]
\t\tRandom\t28.11\t
\t\t\tUncached Write\t10.30\t1.09 MB/sec [4K blocks]
\t\t\tUncached Write\t53.90\t17.26 MB/sec [256K blocks]
\t\t\tUncached Read\t65.44\t0.46 MB/sec [4K blocks]
\t\t\tUncached Read\t87.95\t16.32 MB/sec [256K blocks]
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #52 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

Damnit abhay, are you my neighbor?

If so, I've been stealing your internet the last 5 months. Thanks...

I am also from Sacramento...so we might be neighbors..
post #53 of 174
Hi guys,

Just ordered the Macbook Pro 15" 2.33GHz with a 160 GB Harddrive yesterday at noon.
I can't wait for it to ship and get my hands on it - at last!

So far the date of delivery to Denmark is the 13'Th at the latest. But I'm hoping for friday the 10'Th of November.

Do you think I might get lucky with the ship dates?

Take care,
Soeren Rasmussen
Soeren Rasmussen
post #54 of 174
I have a couple display problems with my macbook - hopefully somebody here knows how to fix it...

I have an external 24" dell monitor attached (1920x1024) via DVI, along with USB mouse and keyboard.

Problem 1: When the powerbook lid is open the computer stays awake, but the image on the Dell monitor is really fuzzy and the colors are a bit off, kind of like the computer is converting to VGA and then back to DVI (did I just make a horrible mistake going for the 128k version of the video card?).

Problem 2: When the powerbook lid is closed, the image is crisp like it should be, but the computer will only stay awake for a couple seconds. My USB keyboard seems to be able to wake it up, but as soon as the drive spins up it shuts itself down again.

EDIT - Problem #2 was that the power supply was not plugged in, I guess that they don't want you booting with an external monitor on battery power (unless the laptop is open, which seems like it would draw even more power). I still think #1 is strange, but I will never use it that way anyway.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #55 of 174
Quote:

I am also from Sacramento...so we might be neighbors..

Wow...small world. Same exact MBP ordered, same location. And obviously, same ship date...
post #56 of 174
I took the plunge! I ordered the middle config with a 160GB drive and a matte screen. Ship date is 11/3, standard shipping with arrival on 11/13. Hmmm...that is far away! Maybe I'll upgrade the shipping!
post #57 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001

I took the plunge! I ordered the middle config with a 160GB drive and a matte screen. Ship date is 11/3, standard shipping with arrival on 11/13. Hmmm...that is far away! Maybe I'll upgrade the shipping!

Upgraded! Now coming on 11/8! I am like a little kid at christmas...I mean Halloween!
post #58 of 174
Today must have been the day: there were two other people with MBP boxes in the elevator on my way down, and I saw one more on the walk home.

This is my first post from my new MBP C2D.... the walk home from work never felt so long. Anyway, so far its cool, quiet, and very shiny. Keyboard is taking so getting used to, but the backlight is cool - I have been plahying with the dimmers all evening.

The only one not pleased is our cat, who doesn't like the reduction in play time. Now all I need to do is figure out how to transfer all the sh*t from the old iBook to this thing - two users one user ID is making it a pain in the you-know-what.
16GB iPhone
80 Gig Black Ipod
16GB iPhone
80 Gig Black Ipod
post #59 of 174
I almost have mine.

Went to my bookstore and gave him the ok to order two systems, a MBP and an iMac for my kids. I really needed my portable to be able to process movies faster than my Pismo and want to replace my G4 tower, thus the MBP. And my kids are wreaking havok on our other machines, thus the iMac.

17" 2.33GHz
2GB memory (will upgrade this when prices drop)
160GB hard drive
8x double-layer SuperDrive
Will recieve in about a week and a half.
$2,599.00

20" iMac 2.16GHz
1GB memory
250GB hard drive
8x DL SuperDrive
ATI Radeon X1600 graphics
Also a week and a half
$1400

While at the bookstore, he also sold me a 30gb iPod for $200.

Now all I have to do is build the kids a desk within the next two weeks.

Can't wait!!

Tony
--------------------------
"Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?"
-Steve Jobs
-Steve Jobs
post #60 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1

I almost have mine.

Went to my bookstore and gave him the ok to order two systems, a MBP and an iMac for my kids. I really needed my portable to be able to process movies faster than my Pismo and want to replace my G4 tower, thus the MBP. And my kids are wreaking havok on our other machines, thus the iMac.

17" 2.33GHz
2GB memory (will upgrade this when prices drop)
160GB hard drive
8x double-layer SuperDrive
Will recieve in about a week and a half.
$2,599.00

20" iMac 2.16GHz
1GB memory
250GB hard drive
8x DL SuperDrive
ATI Radeon X1600 graphics
Also a week and a half
$1400

While at the bookstore, he also sold me a 30gb iPod for $200.

Now all I have to do is build the kids a desk within the next two weeks.

Can't wait!!

Tony

Congrats. I am so excited about mine. I'll have it a week from tomorrow!
post #61 of 174
Man, what's the average age here, 30?'

And we're all gitty like little schoolkids at Christmas. It's hilarious - you'd never see Dell's do this to grown-ups.
post #62 of 174
So, the people who received theirs, any mooing, and does it seem to have any heat issues like the macbook pro core duo?
post #63 of 174
I ordered a 15 inch MBP 2.1 ghz with 2 meg RAM and got a 17 in yesterday with all the other correct specs. I don't want the 17 inch! Now I have to get it returned and wait for another one. The bad part is the person I ordered it for already has put files on it. AAUGH!!!!!
post #64 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzelk4

So, the people who received theirs, any mooing, and does it seem to have any heat issues like the macbook pro core duo?

My impression so far is that this thing is about as silent as a comuter can be, I can hear my old iBook over this as I sit here and type (+/- 3 feet away). Up to now all I have done is move a mountan of pictres, video clips, and music from from my iBook to here, but it chewed through all of the imports and never felt notiible on my lap. Again, using my G4 iBook as a benchmark: much cooler. The screen is glorious.

There are two thngs I noticed: I am not sure if I am just used to my iBook and am too far removed my my old power book, but I keep hitting caps lock when I type and haven't gotten used to the keyboard (although the backlighting is fantastic when you run out of Halloween candy and have to turn all the lights out). Also, the power brick is a monster. Without the 3-pronged cord that attaches, it would take up 1/2 a power strip. I have plugged in at airports and coffee shops where this thing wouldn't fit without unpluging everyone else. Al in all, small concerns.
16GB iPhone
80 Gig Black Ipod
16GB iPhone
80 Gig Black Ipod
post #65 of 174
had my MBP C2D 2.33ghz 2 gigs, 120gig for a day, and it rocks 8)
MBA 13" i7/4GB/256GB

C2D MBP 2.33GHZ/2 Gig/120 Gig/256MB
MBA 13" i7/4GB/256GB

C2D MBP 2.33GHZ/2 Gig/120 Gig/256MB
post #66 of 174
For those of you who've received their 17's, any regrets about going with the larger of the two? In-other-words, clunky and unnecessary? Just curious.

Tony
-Steve Jobs
-Steve Jobs
post #67 of 174
nice, thanks mowenbrown. i hope you and everyone else who already received their new mbp will keep posting your impressions for the rest of us still tortuously waiting. i'll live vicariously through your experiences...at least till i get mine.
post #68 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by fongyuen

nice, thanks mowenbrown.

My girlfried is working on a political capaign out west, and fedex'd me a couple DVDs of video clips/pictures they took. So it's not work in the strictest definition of the term, but I couldn't resist. So I just finished using iMovie & iDVD to work something up for the people back in the DC office to watch at the staff meeting tomorrow. I am stepping up from an iBook G4 that wasn't too too juiced....but, all I can say is WOW. The difference was amazing. Granted, it wasn't Avid - but the differences in the times it took to do things like pulling in the clips, cutting, pasteing, arranging, et al was amazing. Although, it felt like the process of burning the final product longer.

For the others that are waiting - I have a question: How are you planning to transfer files? I avoided the apple app that comes with OS X, because we have a single user account that both of us share on the iBook and i didn't want to migrate the Mail files (hers) Calendar (hers), but would like to get the address book, play lists and photo albums. I Have already moved the music and my work stuff using an external drive, but would like to selectively pull some of that stuff. Suggestions?
16GB iPhone
80 Gig Black Ipod
16GB iPhone
80 Gig Black Ipod
post #69 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzelk4

I reached under mine a few times, and it was never too warm - it is noticably warm on the left hand side, but still fine with bare legs. Maybe it would get a lot hotter if I really stressed the CPU or something.

I kind of regret not going for the 200 gig drive, though, as I will have to choose between some of my video collection and a bootcamp partition with the 160 gig drive.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #70 of 174
On the truck for delivery. Will be picking up after work. Christmas is finally here...
post #71 of 174
ah, lucky you, i still have to wait till friday!!
post #72 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

On the truck for delivery. Will be picking up after work. Christmas is finally here...

What was you estimated delivery date? Mine was Nov 2 by 10:30am even though they said that it might get delieverd today. First this morning they said that it was out for delivery but then within 15 minutes, they updated the status to dest sort facility. Since the estimated delivery date is Nov 2, they cannot guarantee that it will be delivered today, if the driver gets time, it will be delivered according to fedex, it is already on vehicle..
post #73 of 174
Quote:

What was you estimated delivery date? Mine was Nov 2 by 10:30am even though they said that it might get delieverd today. First this morning they said that it was out for delivery but then within 15 minutes, they updated the status to dest sort facility. Since the estimated delivery date is Nov 2, they cannot guarantee that it will be delivered today, if the driver gets time, it will be delivered according to fedex, it is already on vehicle..

Well I know that FedEx is going to be a pain for me. I live in an appt and it's hard to get things delivered w/o a sig. I guess I can go pick it up or try and leave them an authorization.
If it comes UPS...the driver and I have an understanding. He'll leave it on my patio. Anywho...super excited for next Wednesday!
post #74 of 174
Quote:

Yeah I forgot. About 10 minutes after I posted that last message, the FedEx man came! The thing looks sweet! When you get the package, it feels like there's nothing in it! I haven't turned it on yet because I had class at 11am, so I'll have to wait till I get off work at 5 to start the festivaties! I got mine around 10:15 abhay...
post #75 of 174
The Towson apple store now has the 15" 2.33ghz in stock, i went and picked it up today. I'm about to go to class so i haven't had a chance to even take it out of the box.
post #76 of 174
well i got mine yesterday, 10/31, it was shipped on the 29th as well. it was estimated to be here on the 2nd...so im pretty happy. and im typing this post on the MBP as well...its awesome! i love it, but it really distracts me in class.
post #77 of 174
Ordered mine on 10/27, website quoted me a shipping date of 11/2. and I received the computer today, 11/1.

2.16Ghz C2D
160GB HDD
2GB RAM

Pretty darned good step up from my 1GHZ TI Book, the last computer I bought 4 years ago.
post #78 of 174
This thing is freakin SWEET....

(MBP 2.33Ghz, 2gig, 160...)
post #79 of 174
Does anyone have the glossy screen version? They don't seem to have them in stores, and I'm curious as to whether they're the same as the Macbook glossy screens, or different/better.
post #80 of 174
Seems I'll be getting my glossy screened model Friday. Not sure if it's different from the Macbook version, though.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Got your MBP C2D? Let us know....