or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Whatcha Listening To... Returns

Whatcha Listening To... Returns - Page 4

post #121 of 418
"My Moon My Man" -Feist.

It's pretty rad.
post #122 of 418
Year Zero - Nine Inch Nails

Sitting on vacation in Vietnam but purchased the new album on iTunes since I didn't want to wait to get back to the states to pick it up. Listened to the live stream online but the high quality audio makes all the difference.

LOVING IT!!
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
post #123 of 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xool View Post

Year Zero - Nine Inch Nails

Sitting on vacation in Vietnam but purchased the new album on iTunes since I didn't want to wait to get back to the states to pick it up. Listened to the live stream online but the high quality audio makes all the difference.

LOVING IT!!

Where's the live-stream? On iTunes?
post #124 of 418
Carl Stalling Project: "Music from Warner Bros. Cartoons 1936-1958"
Nine Inch Nails: The Downward Spiral
Henry Cowell: Persian Set
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #125 of 418
NIN?

Everybody cheer up and listen to some Feist.

post #126 of 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

NIN?

Everybody cheer up and listen to some Feist.

The Feist was decent.

The Kinks - I need you

I advise everyone to get the Kinks ultimate collection cd. You'll be amazed, probably the most underrated sixties band.
post #127 of 418
http://yearzero.nin.com/ and click the 'listen' link.
post #128 of 418
Well... I'm going to see Jimmy Buffett in concert tomorrow (assuming I'm able to walk to the stadium after spending all afternoon tailgating in the parking lot )
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #129 of 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xool View Post

http://yearzero.nin.com/ and click the 'listen' link.

Thanks!
post #130 of 418
Sweet - Love Is Like Oxygen
post #131 of 418
"Give it to me" -Timbaland

I'm sure I'm going to hate this song in about 3 weeks since it'll probably be the only song on the radio like anything else he touches.
post #132 of 418
"Level"- The Raconteurs.

Live music video version. Must better than the album cut.

P.S. New Stripes album coming out in June!
post #133 of 418
Quote:

"Level"- The Raconteurs.

Thanks a lot ShawJ! I love this band, and this cut is much better than the album version.
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" ~ Vroomfondel
post #134 of 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by maimezvous View Post

Thanks a lot ShawJ! I love this band, and this cut is much better than the album version.

Definitely.

There are so many things I like about this version.. like when the rhythm section kicks in for the first time... the vocal performances throughout... the extended guitar solos. Sounds like one kick ass song to hear live.
post #135 of 418
Quote:

"Level"- The Raconteurs.

Nice. Great guitar rock band(s). I was surfing through YouTube and was floored by this great acoustic verion of "For Your Love" by Humble Pie (a classic guitar rock band). Yep, that's Peter Frampton...
post #136 of 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Nice. Great guitar rock band(s). I was surfing through YouTube and was floored by this great acoustic verion of "For Your Love" by Humble Pie (a classic guitar rock band). Yep, that's Peter Frampton...

Wow... he was only 20 there.
post #137 of 418
"Stolen" -Dashboard
post #138 of 418
The couple next door. Oh wait, you mean music..
post #139 of 418
A collection of stuff I've been into recently:

Broadcast
Viva Voce
Mew
k-os

note: I hate myspace, but you know musicians...
post #140 of 418
I like the zookeeper's boy from mew.
post #141 of 418
Mickey Avalon - Jane Fonda The video for this song is hysterical.
post #142 of 418
Happy Mondays - Hallelujah - I bought tickets to see these guys today which is something I thought I'd never be doing again. I can't believe that I'm going to see them and the Jesus and Mary Chain in the span of a month. Anyone else going to some good concerts?
post #143 of 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by trick fall View Post

Happy Mondays - Hallelujah - I bought tickets to see these guys today which is something I thought I'd never be doing again. I can't believe that I'm going to see them and the Jesus and Mary Chain in the span of a month. Anyone else going to some good concerts?

Oh my God... now all we need is the Inspirals and New Fads to start touring!!!!

Is Bez on tour with the Mondays? Hell yeah!
post #144 of 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Oh my God... now all we need is the Inspirals and New Fads to start touring!!!!

Is Bez on tour with the Mondays? Hell yeah!

I'm kind of assuming that Bez is along for the ride. The inspirals actually play in England all the time. I wish they would come over to the states for a show.
post #145 of 418
"You Are the Everything" -R.E.M.
post #146 of 418
"Mistaken for Strangers" -The National

Pretty cool song.
post #147 of 418
Hablame -- Gipsy Kings -- ¡Volare! - The Very Best Of The Gipsy Kings (Disc 2)

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #148 of 418
Tamar-kali

Saw her on "Afro-Punk - The Rock n Roll Nigger Experience" documentary. She's a very talented singer and the music is powerful (not punk per se).
post #149 of 418
Eleven Small Roaches -- Michael Hedges

post #150 of 418
Null.
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
post #151 of 418
Phantom Limb by The Shins.

Since I bought their album Wincing the Night Away on Thursday I have not been able to listen to anything else.
post #152 of 418
Null.
post #153 of 418
"Take Me Home Tonight" -Eddie Money

Quote:

Phantom Limb by The Shins.

Since I bought their album Wincing the Night Away on Thursday I have not been able to listen to anything else.

My fav's "Australia"
post #154 of 418
Quote:

"Take Me Home Tonight" -Eddie Money

My fav's "Australia"

I really like the video to that one.

Australia
post #155 of 418
Quote:

I really like the video to that one.

Australia

Yeah lol.

Liberating balloons from a car dealership.
post #156 of 418
Usually I post what I'm listening to in general on this thread, rather than what I'm listening to right now...

But I thought I would make an exception and post what coming through on my iTunes random mix.

Ghetto Defendant - The Clash
Amazing to see how far ahead of their time these guys were.

Next up...

Patterns - Devo
These guys have disappeared so completely and it's baffling why. They were true pioneers and their music is brilliant.

Next up...

Heaven - The Rapture
From their first record. What a fantastic band!

Country Feedback [Live] - REM
Great song. And from the intro on this track, Michael Stipe's favorite. But I'm not the hugest REM fan... I've always preferred the sound of British Alternative Music to American Alternative Music no matter how great a band is.

Black Celebration (Black Tulip Mix) - Depeche Mode
There was a time when Depeche were my favorite band... yeah... when I was in high school... had ever album, every CD single, every bootleg, saw them at least 4 times in concert...
Now I'm kind of embarrassed about it all, but they were still an alright band... that would have been much better if Dave Gahan's voice weren't such weak nasal shit. Oh... and they were always terrible in concert.
post #157 of 418
Right now, "B For My Name" off the new Beastie Boys album (The Mix-Up).

Well, "14th St. Break" came on while typing this.
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #158 of 418
One Love/People Get Ready -- Bob Marley -- Exodus (Remastered)

post #159 of 418
This Woman's Work -- Kate Bush -- The Sensual World

post #160 of 418
Second Skin -- Widespread Panic -- Earth to America

Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Whatcha Listening To... Returns