or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Whatcha Listening To... Returns

Whatcha Listening To... Returns - Page 8

post #281 of 418
Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice

Sean - check you pm's
post #282 of 418
Pas De Cheval - Panic at the Disco
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" ~ Vroomfondel
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" ~ Vroomfondel
post #283 of 418
Joe Purdy, "Only The Songs That We Knew"
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #284 of 418
When Angels & Serpents Dance - P.O.D.
MacBook Pro 15" (Unibody)/2.4GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250GB HD/SuperDrive
iMac 20"/2 GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250 GB/SuperDrive
PowerBook G4 12"/1 GHz/1.25 GB RAM/60GB/Combo
iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

post #285 of 418
Video on Pitchfork.tv:

Let's Make Love and Listen to Death from Above- CSS.

Lovefoxxx's dancing, singing, and lip-syncing is endearing.
post #286 of 418
"80's Life" - The Good, the Bad, and the Queen

Love anything Damon does + awesome Danger Mouse touches.
post #287 of 418
"Pieces of the People We Love" -The Rapture

Danger Mouse produced track!

Top five most played songs on iTunes:

5. A Martyr for My Love for You- The White Stripes
4. Rock and Roll- Led Zeppelin
3. The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts- Sufjan Stevens
2. Demon Days- Gorillaz
1. I Feel It All- Feist
post #288 of 418
Beverly Hills - Weezer
Follow me on Twitter.
Follow me on Twitter.
post #289 of 418
Bound To Be That Way - Do Make Say Think
MacBook reviews, news and information.

MBP 15" ~ 2.4GHz ~ 2GB Ram ~ 200GB HD
MacBook reviews, news and information.

MBP 15" ~ 2.4GHz ~ 2GB Ram ~ 200GB HD
post #290 of 418
Captain - Keep an Open Mind
post #291 of 418
The Dodos- Visiter (Album)

Pretty awesome psychedelic-tinged folk. "Walking" is a little too Death Cab for my tastes, but "Fools" is incredible.
post #292 of 418
For Your Life -- Led Zeppelin -- Presence

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #293 of 418
Who Wants To Live Forever -- Queen -- A Kind Of Magic

post #294 of 418
Come What May -- Ewan McGregor & Nicole Kidman -- Moulin Rouge! Soundtrack

post #295 of 418
Hindi Sad Diamonds -- Alka Yagnik, John Leguizamo & Nicole Kidman -- Moulin Rouge (Soundtrack from the Motion Picture)

post #296 of 418
The Last Shadow Puppets - The Age Of The Understatement

3.4 GHz i7 iMac | 64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad 3 | 16GB iPad mini

3.4 GHz i7 iMac | 64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad 3 | 16GB iPad mini

post #297 of 418
The Very Best of J.J. Cale
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
post #298 of 418
A Best Of Sniff 'n' The Tears - They may have been a one-hit wonder in the U.S., but this compilation has some really great music on it.
post #299 of 418
Mother's Day Playlist

"Reason Why"- Rachael Yamagata

"Worn Me Down"- Rachael Yamagata

"Be Be Your Love"- Rachael Yamagata

"The Way I Am"- Ingrid Michaelson

"Samson"- Regina Spektor

"Better"- Regina Spektor

"Fidelity"- Regina Spektor

"Bubbly"- Colbie Caillat

"Silver Lining"- Rilo Kiley

"I Feel It All"- Feist

"My Moon My Man"- Feist

"1234"- Feist

"Sea Lion Woman"- Feist

"Mushaboom"- Feist

"Goodnight and Go"- Imogen Heap

"It's Good to Be in Love"- Frou Frou

"Breathe In"- Frou Frou

"Let Go" -Frou Frou

"New Soul"- Yael Naïm

"Calendar Girl"- Stars

"Hide and Seek"- Imogen Heap

"Paperweight"- Schuyler Fisk

Anyone know any other recent, cute, girlish songs?
post #300 of 418
As - Stevie Wonder

...Best song ever written. Ever.
post #301 of 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

For the last 3 days I've been immersing myself in the new Elbow - "The Seldom Seen Kid".

It is a work of absolute genius. Being a romantic, I especially like the first track, "Starlings".

The record isn't officially released until March 17th.

I absolutely love Elbow! One of my three favorite bands, the other two being Muse and Placebo.

Good reccomendation tonton. I like these guys. $7.99...I'll probably just pick up the whole album.

Savage- Swing (funny ass song...was the song playing in Knocked Up during the dance scene)

Luciana Souza- Pra Dizer Adeus (what a voice this woman has)

Andy Palacio- Watina

John Butler Trio- Used to get high
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #302 of 418
"As" - Stevie Wonder
"Feel" - Robbie Williams
"I Need to Know" - Marc Anthony
"Turning the Tide" - James Newton Howard

Those are four of the main songs I listen to right now... "As" is so good I feel like i'm gonna die sometimes while i'm listening to it. Can a song be so good that it literally kills?
post #303 of 418
Ben Folds- The Luckiest

One of the best love songs in my opinion
"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do" - Isaac Asimov
"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do" - Isaac Asimov
post #304 of 418
A different take on NWA's F*** the Police

post #305 of 418
Still listening to "As" by Stevie Wonder.

Other Stevie songs that i've been listening to include:

Pastime Paradise
If It's Magic
Superstition
Lately
All in Love is Fair
Too Shy To Say

But "As" still has the largest play count by far. It's over 230 now.
post #306 of 418
Dead Cool -- Preston Reed -- History Of Now

post #307 of 418
Anesthetize -- Porcupine Tree -- Fear of a Blank Planet

post #308 of 418
Lay Down Your Weary Tune -- Bob Dylan -- Biograph

post #309 of 418
Betterman -- The John Butler Trio -- Three

post #310 of 418
Wittgenstein--How I Love Thee-- What Kind of Name is Ludwig?

It's a concept album.
post #311 of 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

Wittgenstein--How I Love Thee-- What Kind of Name is Ludwig?

It's a concept album.

Don't Do Me Like That -- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Damn The Torpedoes

post #312 of 418
Still listening to "As" by Stevie Wonder.

Best. Song. Ever. Written.

My iTunes play count is 412. That's almost 50 hours of As!!
post #313 of 418
Completely obsessed with Ryan Adams.

His "Follows the Lights" EP with reworked versions of "Dear John" and "If I Am a Stranger" are masterful.
post #314 of 418
I just discovered Wolf Parade last week. At Mount Zoomer is as refreshing an album as I've heard in years. Took a few listens to get it, but man, great stuff.
iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

post #315 of 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMacMan View Post

I just discovered Wolf Parade last week. At Mount Zoomer is as refreshing an album as I've heard in years. Took a few listens to get it, but man, great stuff.

Not the most accessible entry point into Wolf Parade.

Try their first album, Apologies to the Queen Mary, especially Shine a Light (the big single), I'll Believe in Anything, and This Heart's on Fire.

Also, if you like Wolf Parade, check out Sunset Rubdown and Swan Lake, two of Spencer's Krug's other bands. I wouldn't call them "side projects" at all as they're just as critically acclaimed.
post #316 of 418
The Smiths - I Started Something I Couldn't Finish
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
post #317 of 418
I'm trying to listen to Travis because I'm seeing them in concert next month. They're ok, but I'm a little underwhelmed. It'll take many more listenings. I do like the song "Sing".

Can anyone recommend a few tracks?

So far on my "immersion" playlist (tracks recommended by friends):

Why Does It Always Rain On Me
Closer
Flowers in the Window
Sing
Side
Driftwood
post #318 of 418
^"Love Will Come Through" -Travis.

Garden State movie trailer song.
post #319 of 418
Alice in Chains!

-Man in the Box
-Would?
-Rooster
-No Excuses
-Heaven Beside You
-Down in a Hole

And a cover of "Down in a Hole" by Ryan Adams off his "Follow the Lights EP."
post #320 of 418
Tie My Hands - Lil Wayne
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Whatcha Listening To... Returns