or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › I think It's Time for Andy Reid to Go

I think It's Time for Andy Reid to Go - Page 2

post #41 of 51
I will not get my hopes up!

So....any bets on a QB 'controversy' next summer?
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #42 of 51
Get his A$$ outta there!!!

See everyone at teh Pro Bowl
post #43 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

You've been kinda quiet SDW since you've gone on a little winning streak. Has your approval rating gone up in the last few weeks? He's been calling some pretty good game plans as of late...

Well, I've been watching. What can I say? They're like a totally different team. Obviously we were all wrong about Garcia ( I don't know of anyone that thought he'd do what he has). I really didn't think he was the guy for this. He has completely rejuvenated the team though.

I know this: I haven't seen them play like they did against Dallas since at least 2004. In fact, the defense was better than that. What is it...coaching? Garcia? The players coming together on their own? I have no idea. There are even things that I thought were lacking when they were 4-1, like the intensity level and a certain business like approach (I can't put my finger on it, but it's kind of like they were arrogant and fucking around early in the season).

I'm not willing to say I was wrong about Reid or this team yet. It certainly seems like they did something dramatic to turn this thing around. The question will be whether or not this happens next year with a healthy team.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #44 of 51
A interesting little article about the job Andy Reid has done this year:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6333354

It was a pretty good read. I don't follow the Eagles very much so I didn't realize they were going vertical so often.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #45 of 51
Eagles win 1st round play-off game 23-20
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
post #46 of 51
Thanks for the quality and insightful info.
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #47 of 51
Quote:

Thanks for the quality and insightful info.

Yeah really.

Come on now...gotta beat NOLA! Gotta go lose another NFC championship game!
post #48 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Yeah really.

Come on now...gotta beat NOLA! Gotta go lose another NFC championship game!

Grrrrrrrrrr your coming into hostile territory, plus murders are up this time of year. not gonna be a pretty site.

I am kinda worried about the amount of time we have had off. Traditionally the 'Aints haven't done so well in these situations.
post #49 of 51
Traditionally, when have the 'Aints ever done well?
post #50 of 51
Well SDW, you got your wish today...

Well, kinda.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2762937
post #51 of 51
Quote:

Well SDW, you got your wish today...

Well, kinda.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2762937

Well it's not really my wish. And they did turn it around this year, which I give them credit for. I still have my concerns. If they come out flat a few games next year, or lose to shitty teams multiple times, then I'm off the Reid bandwagon. Right now, I wish him the best in dealing with his family situation. That has got to be hard for them.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › I think It's Time for Andy Reid to Go