or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Macworld San Francisco 2007

Macworld San Francisco 2007 - Page 4

post #121 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesar

- more GPU options for mac pros, adding SLI (nvidia) and CrossFire (ATI) techology, including this baby --> http://www.nvidia.com/page/quadroplex.html

The quadroplex need 2 full x16 pci-e slots and the intel exon chip set has less pci-e lanes then the pci-e g5 had.
post #122 of 257
20 days!!
8)
post #123 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch pear View Post

20 days!!
8)

Ok, first let's deal with the holiday countdown, and THEN we can deal with the Macworld countdown.
post #124 of 257
In my opinion, Apple could include iWork with all new Macs. I'm still on the fence as to whether they should combine iWork and iLife or not.
post #125 of 257
30" iMac with Conroe Quad Core will be insane
and call it as iMac Pro!

not sure whether 24" iMac is selling well or not ...

19 days!

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #126 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

In my opinion, Apple could include iWork with all new Macs. I'm still on the fence as to whether they should combine iWork and iLife or not.

When iWork is an integral part of a Mac like iLife is, then they can do it. But they still don't do that with iLife and they likely won't so don't hope too hard.
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
post #127 of 257
Strong predictions:
-Boring Sales figures
-Leopard Preview
-Updates to iLife, possible update to iWork
-iSight Cinema Displays
-iTV

one more thing...
-iPhone (if it's the smartphone, they'll call it something like the MacPhone)

Long Shots:
-Updated iMac
-Updated notebooks
-iPod Widescreen

Things you won't see at MacWorld '07
-MacBook Mini
-Midrange Headless Mac
-MacTablet
-Me
post #128 of 257
Questions:

1) Isn't iWork ALWAYS done at MWSF?
2) Long Shots: What do you update these notebooks with? Socket P isn't out yet.

Oh, and Joe_the_Dragon - they could totally scrap together more PCIe lanes if they wanted to pay a premium.
post #129 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

When iWork is an integral part of a Mac like iLife is, then they can do it. But they still don't do that with iLife and they likely won't so don't hope too hard.

They do include iLife on all new Macs...
post #130 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

They do include iLife on all new Macs...

Yes they do, but when iLife 07 comes out, you still have to pay for the upgrade, and they only do that because iLife is increasingly becoming a larger part of the Mac Experience. Eventually iLife may just become a part of OS X, but there would be fewer upgrades (only when OS X was upgraded) and iWork is still a few years behind OS X status.

Sebastian
post #131 of 257
On a side note, what is Apple Insider doing? Ads that I have to skip before the page loads, a couple new features and a broken Last Post button that doesn't take me to the last post.

-_-
Sebastian
post #132 of 257
1. iPod Pro (smart phone)
2. iTV w/ DVR capabilities (record to a mac, no hard drive)
3. new mini
4. mac pro with blu-ray
5. 12 inch MacBook Pro
post #133 of 257
After being on this thread for 4 pages and about a month I've come to a conclusion.

Apple Fans have too much Imagination, and as such, usually set themselves up for far too much disappointment.

Sebastian
post #134 of 257
Right you are, Slewis. Now, let the band play!

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #135 of 257
Slewis: you are beginning to see some of the temporary insanity we were talking about on another thread recently. It will only increase (get worse? get better?) over the next couple of weeks, reaching a furor the day before the keynote. It even continues on the AI iChat forum during the keynote (I really wish I had printed last year's chat; parts of it were hilarious).

More fun starts after the Keynote when everyone who didn't get what they wanted complains for two weeks about the bad choices Apple made. I have said it before, but will do so again: Apple could announce that they were giving everybody on the planet a free computer (let's say Mac Pro Super quad quad running at 56 tereflops) and monitor, and somebody here would find fault with the plan without ever saying "thanks, Steve". (It should have had 9 HD bays, not 8)

But that is how things should be. This is where we dream and let our imaginations run free drool, weep and complain, and for a month, it is a lot of fun. Hold on for the ride!

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #136 of 257
Ahhhh, Temporary Insanity. Oh, Mr. Admin, Can we fire that up on Jan.1st? It will give everyone who's sorry ass is on this forum — with nothing better to do — wishing and hoping for the next best thing since sliced bread™ something to talk about. I am sure by then "the buzz" will be fever pitch around here. The thing that has really got me is the lack of a "shoe dropping."

It seems like there's a general dearth of what's really expected, aside from an "Aloha" Apple phone...perhaps. Most likely a Leopard "new features" preview awaits along with a new iLife preview, The iTV gizmo, boiler plate sales figures, Apple financial health report, and of course, Steve Jobs in jeans and a turtle neck. Not much else seems verified...

Rumors of a "MacBook Thin" are thin on credibility at this point. I'll believe it when A.I. reports something to the effect. We all know (On Balance) that the iMac is doing well, as is the MacBook. IMHO the MacBook Pros need a major overhaul (way long in the tooth, give us a damn user removeable hard drive!). We all know the Mac Mini needs Core2 Duo, but it's not significant enough to spotlight at the MacWorld event.
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
post #137 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Slewis: you are beginning to see some of the temporary insanity we were talking about on another thread recently. It will only increase (get worse? get better?) over the next couple of weeks, reaching a furor the day before the keynote. It even continues on the AI iChat forum during the keynote (I really wish I had printed last year's chat; parts of it were hilarious).

More fun starts after the Keynote when everyone who didn't get what they wanted complains for two weeks about the bad choices Apple made. I have said it before, but will do so again: Apple could announce that they were giving everybody on the planet a free computer (let's say Mac Pro Super quad quad running at 56 tereflops) and monitor, and somebody here would find fault with the plan without ever saying "thanks, Steve". (It should have had 9 HD bays, not 8)

But that is how things should be. This is where we dream and let our imaginations run free drool, weep and complain, and for a month, it is a lot of fun. Hold on for the ride!

Ah... well that would explain it. Personally I think Apple should throw in a Free Macbook Pro with a user adjustable screen (One size may not fit all but you can have 12", 5", 17" and 60" in one Mac), and a Super Airport Extreme (Bluetooth, 802.11n, UWB, and WiMax), and then pay me to take all of their products, except the Xraid, they should reduce the price of an Xraid to $0.99 and reduce the price by a penny for every 99 you buy. Throw in a trip to the Moon and a chance to take over the world and I might consider Apple's Offer to give me a Mac Pro Super quad quad @ 56 Teraflops The screen better be 100" and not a nanometer less or no deal

Back to Sanity now
Damn I just spoiled Macworld for myself.... -_-

Sebastian
post #138 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski View Post

Questions:

1) Isn't iWork ALWAYS done at MWSF?
2) Long Shots: What do you update these notebooks with? Socket P isn't out yet.

Oh, and Joe_the_Dragon - they could totally scrap together more PCIe lanes if they wanted to pay a premium.

There are not using hyper transport witch would make it easy to add pci-e lanes

NB gives x16 to the pci-e slots and x8 the the SB so at the most you can have x16 x8 and some on the lanes are used by other on board chips.

http://developer.apple.com/documenta...uid/TP40003027
post #139 of 257
They could either add a chip between north and southbridge, or sink money into designing (or having designed for them) better NBs and SBs.

Additionally, part of Intel's newer line of C2Ds and C2Qs coming out in early 2007 will run at 1333 FSB (333 quad-pumped), so the problems with adapting a current SLI desktop chipset become less severe, since they can already handle the FSB speed.
post #140 of 257
That's the spirit, Lewis! Xraid for 99cents? If I can get an educator's discount off that price , I take two. I like the idea of the adjustable size monitor; that would be cool.

My big gripe every year is why can't they make the day of the keynote an international holiday? I live in Japan and the damn thing occurs at 3:00am, which means I either stay up all night and go to work a crazed zombie, or I take the day off from work, sleep all day, wake up in the middle of the night, and go to work the next day a crazed zombie. This year I will try to work something into my schedule (a.k.a. go in on Sunday) so that I can have the day off.

post #141 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

That's the spirit, Lewis! Xraid for 99cents? If I can get an educator's discount off that price , I take two. I like the idea of the adjustable size monitor; that would be cool.

My big gripe every year is why can't they make the day of the keynote an international holiday? I live in Japan and the damn thing occurs at 3:00am, which means I either stay up all night and go to work a crazed zombie, or I take the day off from work, sleep all day, wake up in the middle of the night, and go to work the next day a crazed zombie. This year I will try to work something into my schedule (a.k.a. go in on Sunday) so that I can have the day off.

3% of the market At least until Steve pulls a Button out of his Hat and reveals it's really a "Destroy Microsoft and put Mac OS X on every computer in the world" button. :P
post #142 of 257
i want to know about the secret stuff SJ is holding back as part of leopard, he said so, then it has to be BIG maybe macphone intergration with leopard or something that this forum hasn't mentioned. what could be part of an OS that big and special???
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
post #143 of 257
the thing is SOMEONE will pipe up and say... look at a post i made its (always NEARLY, but not quite) EXACTLY what apple have done.

this last week ive been hankering for the temporary insanity forum

another What-apples-iphone-TV-remote-pod-pro-server-will-be-called-as-long-as-its-BLACK-cos-thats-the-only-thing-i-can-imagine thread and i will be sick.
post #144 of 257
19 days 8)

edit: yeah bring on the Temporary Insanity!!!
post #145 of 257
another What-apples-iphone-TV-remote-pod-pro-server-will-be-called-as-long-as-its-BLACK-cos-thats-the-only-thing-i-can-imagine thread

brill.

does it come in black?
post #146 of 257
ooops double post!
post #147 of 257
I just wish they'd come out with this stuff… before the end of the tax year

I'm likely to buy a new 3.0 G5 and 30" monitor on the 28th - 29th, just so I can take advantage of the tax write off.

Wish list??

1) That damn widescreen iPod…

2) That damn iPone, Smart phone or what ever they are going to call it…

3) That damn digital camera…

4) That damn tablet…

5) That damn - secret - cool device
post #148 of 257
6. That damn no-limit, no-interest credit card to pay for it all.

7. Better yet, that damn rich aunt who can't remember I not a kid anymore and keeps buying me all the toys I want.

post #149 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch pear View Post

19 days 8)

edit: yeah bring on the Temporary Insanity!!!

No, common now. You've got to wait for 10 days prior to start freaking out.
post #150 of 257
i wanna One Black Friday sales every 6 months if possible every quarter 8) ...

oh yeah 18 days to GO!

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #151 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

30" iMac with Conroe Quad Core will be insane
and call it as iMac Pro!

not sure whether 24" iMac is selling well or not ...

F* that if Jobs is a real man he'll bring on the 50" iMac! And finally we may see a G5 Powerbook!
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
post #152 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncee View Post

I just wish they'd come out with this stuff… before the end of the tax year

Wish list??

3) That damn digital camera…

Man, seriously why do you need an Apple digital camera?
Isn't out there anything you like? It's such a saturate market with so many great and cool cameras at low prices to every budget. SLR's, point and shoot, you name it.

I just don't understand why people want Apple so badly to enter in the consumer electronic market. Let's keep low profile there and make sure Apple focusing on what it does best: computer hardware and software.
The last thing I want is Apple to become Sony.
MacPro 12 core
30" & 23" Apple Cinema HD Displays
PowerBook G4 550, MacBook Pro 2.2
Ipod 1G and 5G, Shuffle 2G, iPhone 3G
MacPro 12 core
30" & 23" Apple Cinema HD Displays
PowerBook G4 550, MacBook Pro 2.2
Ipod 1G and 5G, Shuffle 2G, iPhone 3G
post #153 of 257
It wasn't all that long ago I got a letter from Apple's legal department asking me to "Back-off"! (I had sent in some suggestions / ideas for new Mac's.

They had folks who came up with new ideas, and didn't need any help from me and if I continued to go down this path they would deal with me.

Skip

PS So that's why nothing more in the predictions department

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

You're not very thorough in your analsys are ye?

Random... but OK. Here is the thing, Apple can't have a product overload, so while it's possible they may eventually make "iCameras" in the future, I highly doubt this one and it DEFINITLY won't be at Macworld, 1) It's a Mac event and 2) Product Overload.

Sadly you are about 100% accurate with this.

I highly doubt this one showing up at Macworld as well, but recent rumors seem to point to that, then again, those are just rumors. You didn't say much about this though and your posting of it makes no sense. You started to say something then you went into a Long side note and forgot to get back to it.

Microsoft will not get much of a stronghold and I highly doubt Apple will brush them off like they did before (and lost all of their Personal Computer Marketshare at it) and outright murder the Zune. People are asking far too much in this thing though, Touch Screen/Bezel/Widescreen etc. Avoiding all of that, and maybe adding a Wider screen, here is a conservitive suggestion: a built in Camera for quick snapshots (and they wouldn't have to make an iCamera )

A New Macbook (Pro) is more likely then not and as for that "little something" (are you trying to avoid making a real prediction?) well look towards the Mac Mini. Apple's current Mac Lineup is fine the way it is, they just need to add Core 2 Duo and drop the price of the Mini. An updated Mac Pro could also be in the cards, but an updated Mac Mini is much more likely.

iLife 07 and iWork 07 for sure. .Mac maybe, and just for the hell of it, Aperture 2.0 (I'm not serious about that last one) and (hopefully, it wouldn't be a Mac without Mac OS X of course so...) Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.

Didn't Steve say this was a sure thing? Or did he just say more details in the Spring because I'm pretty sure he said Macworld.... ???

Agreed, I'm still waiting for Macworld so I can finally buy iWork (recently bought my Mac and avoided iWork just for this reason, but NeoOffice needs to be dropped from my Macs HDD and that likely won't happen until Office for Mac )

You are entitled to it, but it's no fun if you don't make real predictions.

Sebastian
post #154 of 257
[You are right, it was something I heard some time back

I have 2 camera's I'm not sure if Apple could make better (so it would be tough for me to invest in one from them)

Olympus C8080
Nikon D200

Skip

QUOTE=gugy;1011758]Man, seriously why do you need an Apple digital camera?
Isn't out there anything you like? It's such a saturate market with so many great and cool cameras at low prices to every budget. SLR's, point and shoot, you name it.

I just don't understand why people want Apple so badly to enter in the consumer electronic market. Let's keep low profile there and make sure Apple focusing on what it does best: computer hardware and software.
The last thing I want is Apple to become Sony.[/QUOTE]
post #155 of 257
Apple has too little experience to enter the camera market where other companies have done years upon years of research, tweaking, experimenting, etc. I can't see anything new Apple has to bring to the table. If they did make a camera, they would have to make it compatible with Nikon AND Canon lenses to make it viable for anyone to consider. And adding Minolta lens compatibility wouldn't hurt.
post #156 of 257
post #157 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancm2000 View Post

http://www.electronista.com/articles...g.apple.phone/

real or best mock up ever?

It's doesn't look real, and it's IMO not the best ever mock up. Sorry.

But what is this business about, "Setup note: This board should"...?

Just some lame mockupy trying to make people believe it is real?

And besides, there is nothing faster than pressing a button. The touch pad would be useful for quick-writing/handwriting, not dialing phone numbers. And look at the iPod... even the iPod has buttons. And you expect the iPhone to not have buttons?
post #158 of 257
The more interesting image would be this one (Bastards stole the basics of my idea):

Image is from aMobileMe
post #159 of 257
i was missing Jog Dial (Sony Ericsson P800) loooong time ...
it will be great with iPod Phone with click wheel ... then scroll through address book (contact list) will be done easily ...

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #160 of 257
iMac Pro 24"
--------------
CPU - Conroe/Xeon UP (Dual/Quad Core)
2GB RAM
256 MB High End Graphic Card
250 GB HDD 7200 RPM
Alu Display
$1999

(cooling system ???)

iMac Pro 30"
--------------
CPU - Conroe/Xeon UP (Dual/Quad Core)
2GB RAM
512 MB High Graphic Card
500 GB HDD 7200 RPM
Alu Display
$2499

(cooling system ???)

way to change GPU, HDD and CPU as well

----------------------------------------------------
No tower, no Cube, no Mid tower ...

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Macworld San Francisco 2007