or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Macworld San Francisco 2007

Macworld San Francisco 2007 - Page 3

post #81 of 257
macbook price drops would be insane!! i'm grabbing one after MWSF! I dunno if it'll happen though, they seem to be selling like hotcakes!
post #82 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyriX

MMkay...

More details, if not actual release of iTV. (anyone else think this might be a mac mini replacement? Just putting it out there)

thats a good idea8) , and i hope they will release a mini tower to replace the low range mac
post #83 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by looksthatkill

macbook price drops would be insane!! i'm grabbing one after MWSF! I dunno if it'll happen though, they seem to be selling like hotcakes!

Quickly, everyone stop buying hotcakes, I want a price drop
I DONT trust your haircut.

MBP 13"/22" 2.26ghz/2gb/160gb/7400M.
Windows 7 24"/2.00ghz/2.5gb/250gb/9800GT.
Ubuntu 10.04 Dell Latitude D620.
Xbox 360 Projector
WHS 2.5tb.
I DONT trust your haircut.

MBP 13"/22" 2.26ghz/2gb/160gb/7400M.
Windows 7 24"/2.00ghz/2.5gb/250gb/9800GT.
Ubuntu 10.04 Dell Latitude D620.
Xbox 360 Projector
WHS 2.5tb.
post #84 of 257
A .Mac update would be nice. I just had to have my Macbook's HDD replaced (Don't ask) and it saved me countless hours of reorganizing (WHEN IS GMAIL GOING TO GET IMAP SUPPORT? :@) everything again. So I'm kind of hoping they will make that $70 I spent will go to an even better cause..

It would be nice to see the Minimum storage go up, 1 GB is pushing it for me so I give it out to VERY few people, since I only have about 14 MB dedicated to .Mac Mail, and even 4 GB is hard to get by with considering everything that they want you to do with it (create a Homepage, backup data, etc.)

Any ideas what else may be in store for .Mac?

Sebastian
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
post #85 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiseki

I was hoping you were referring to their ultraportables (4 models weighing 999g-1490g, 9-15hr battery life, 10.4-14.1" XGA-SXGA+ screens. e.g.: the W5 model weighs 1199g, lasts 12hrs with a 12.1"screen and DVDRW drive, withstands weight up to 100kg. With the top Y5 model, you can even knock an glass of water over the keyboard without killing it). Plus, these are all built domestically (i.e. in Japan) for better QC. I'd have bought one ages ago if they didn't have the wrong startup melody...

MacBook Lite?

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #86 of 257
Fujitsu just released a 2.5" HD for laptops with 300GB and spins at 4500 RPM. I'd LOVE to see Apple drop those in the new MBP's!!!!
Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
post #87 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Green

Fujitsu just released a 2.5" HD for laptops with 300GB and spins at 4500 RPM. I'd LOVE to see Apple drop those in the new MBP's!!!!

geez! my two month old MacBook Core Duo looks old ... intel please no Quad Core mobile CPU on Jan 07... that would be crazy!!!

hmmm 4500 RPM is slow, 5400 RPM is acceptable.

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #88 of 257
Quote:
hmmm 4500 RPM is slow, 5400 RPM is acceptable.

Likely a Type considering that you (or at least I) haven't seen any 4500RPM HDDs around. 5400RPM is standard in Macbook's I believe.
post #89 of 257
It's funny that MWSF is less than a month away, and rumors are scarce again. The supposed iPhone is only one I am aware of.
onlooker

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macpro.html
onlooker

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macpro.html
post #90 of 257
I agree onlooker. iPhone is the thing
I would add to that the widescreen ipod as a possibility.

iTV, Leopard and Mac Pro Octo-core for Spring.

I guess that's all, unless the mystery device will apear on blow us all away!
MacPro 12 core
30" & 23" Apple Cinema HD Displays
PowerBook G4 550, MacBook Pro 2.2
Ipod 1G and 5G, Shuffle 2G, iPhone 3G
MacPro 12 core
30" & 23" Apple Cinema HD Displays
PowerBook G4 550, MacBook Pro 2.2
Ipod 1G and 5G, Shuffle 2G, iPhone 3G
post #91 of 257
post #92 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by gugy

I would add to that the widescreen ipod as a possibility.

I really want one of these, but I'm going to say no for MWSF 2007. I finally saw a decent reason why it's being delayed, and it makes sense. Jobs wants to hold off releasing this until the iTunes Movie Store is booming. Right now it's just clunking along with Disney. That doesn't sell many widescreen iPods.

Once the other major studios are on-board, then Presto! The widescreen iPod suddenly appears, and sells like hot cakes.

Makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugy

iTV, Leopard and Mac Pro Octo-core for Spring.

I really want these too.

iTV will probably wait until late Spring -- possibly for the same reason I mentioned above -- or possibly to work out all the bugs.

Steve already said that Leopard will be out after Vista, so that's February at least.

I don't really care about an Octo-core Mac Pro, but I'll take a current version for $1,000 less!
post #93 of 257
yea but didn't SJ say he had some reserve leopard info now what could that be.......iphone integration, what' being held back?
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
post #94 of 257
There is a rumor over at Macrumors mentioning iChat AV with Voicemail
Next thing you know, True VoIP (I don't consider "Computer to Computer" VoIP)

Sebastian
post #95 of 257
More details, if not actual release of iTV. (anyone else think this might be a mac mini replacement? Just putting it out there)

I think if the mini effectively too a side jump to become iTV, then that really does leave a gaping hole in Apple line up. The mini is a good stepping stone into the Apple world with the bring your own keyboard setup. I think they would have to really replace the mini then with another standalone mini-machine box.

Personally, i would like to see:

- updated displays . . . the Apples ones are really lacking in terms of price point / features ( even lacking in compatability with Apple's own directions such as the iSights etc )

- an updated macmini box / desktop box / consumer box. bigger hdds

- More on Leopard . . . personally i think we'll see more about its graphics engine. In fact, i wouldn't be surprised to see some really really fancy graphics as part of the slideshow projected behind Steve and for Steve to turn round and say . . . . by the way, thats how Leopard will look an act.
post #96 of 257
Oops, double post
post #97 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisha

Personally, i would like to see:

- updated displays . . . the Apples ones are really lacking in terms of price point / features ( even lacking in compatability with Apple's own directions such as the iSights etc )

- an updated macmini box / desktop box / consumer box. bigger hdds

- More on Leopard . . . personally i think we'll see more about its graphics engine. In fact, i wouldn't be surprised to see some really really fancy graphics as part of the slideshow projected behind Steve and for Steve to turn round and say . . . . by the way, thats how Leopard will look an act.

Sounds about right. I reckon we'll see a fair chunk of the following;
- iTV (renamed)
- iPhone
- Small MacBook Pro
- iPod Video
- Mac Mini update - more RAM, bigger HD. Possibly a new direction to tie in with iTV.
(around the time of MWSF if not on the actual week)
- Leopard preview - available in March
post #98 of 257
I don't get these Mac Mini replacements with iTV…

They are part of 2 completely different lines, iTV I suspect will get the branding of the iPod, and the Mac Mini is well... a Mac!

Sebastian
post #99 of 257
Assume a 2 hour Keynote, broken into 15 minute segments. We got 8 slots for Steve J to fill.

Somethings are pretty obvious:

1. Sales information - the standard starter.
2. iLife 07 - annual presentation with new features so we will get out the credit card.
3. iWork 07 - same reason as iLife 07
4. Leopard. With Vista arriving Steve J isn't passing this up.

Then, since it's a Mac meeting:

5. A new or revised Mac. Selling iLife is fine, selling a Mac is a lot better.

Then iPods. The Division is too strong not to have something new for us:

6. iPod something or other.

That leaves 2 slots.

7. iTV. Steve J has previewed it and would be embarrassed if he didn't deliver.

8. iPhone. If everything related to it is a go.

That's how I see it assuming 15 minute slots.

Other slot fillers might be a second Mac, new displays, dot Mc upgrades, etc.

Keep an eye on the clock as you follow the Keynote and you can get a good indication if there will be less than 8 slots. Hope not.
Ken
Ken
post #100 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenaustus

Then iPods. The Division is too strong not to have something new for us:

6. iPod something or other.

I agree with all of your other stuff, just not this one. This is a Mac gathering, and I think he will be focusing on just the Mac. What I think will happen is that his Leopard slot will fill up to be 30 minutes, instead of 15. After all, let's just rub into Microsoft's face how what they are doing is sooooo 2 years ago.
-- Mike Eggleston
-- Mac Finatic since 1984.
-- Proud Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
-- Wii #: 8913 3004 4519 2027
-- Mike Eggleston
-- Mac Finatic since 1984.
-- Proud Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
-- Wii #: 8913 3004 4519 2027
post #101 of 257
Maybe the .mac + Leopard update might include a built-in VoIP service for mac users that rivals offerings like Skype. The new Leapard release definitely is hinting at something approaching this.

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/softw...ine-221661.php

.Mac membership includes the exact same service Skype is now pimping. Free .mac-to-.mac calling plus unlimited calling to outside lines for $100/year sounds like something that could flow from the company that brings us the Fair Play DRM.

Ties right into a dual mode mobile smart phone. I mean. Why not add the ability to call outside lines to a .mac iChat account?
post #102 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancm2000

Maybe the .mac + Leopard update might include a built-in VoIP service for mac users that rivals offerings like Skype. The new Leapard release definitely is hinting at something approaching this.

.Mac membership includes the exact same service Skype is now pimping. Free .mac-to-.mac calling plus unlimited calling to outside lines for $100/year sounds like something that could flow from the company that brings us the Fair Play DRM.

Ties right into a dual mode mobile smart phone. I mean. Why not add the ability to call outside lines to a .mac iChat account?

I love the idea

One problem, would Apple include a phone number with your subscription?
post #103 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewis

I love the idea

One problem, would Apple include a phone number with your subscription?

Well, for $38/per year Skype gives you a number. Now that is in addition to the $25 you pay to be able to call non-skype users ($15 if you sign up now). So that's $63 per year for the phone number. Add $20 for Voicemail at it goes for $83 per year. Less than $7 per month. dotMac costs me $100 per year, and to tell you the truth I feel a little ripped off compared to what Google gives me for free. If dotMac threw in a similiar package, I think people would rush to get a dotMac account even if it was $120 a year.

Sure, you can get it cheaper elsewhere...even free over at WiFi TV. But people pay for things to be integrated into Os X.

I just dont see why Apple cant do this? or wouldnt?
post #104 of 257
According to Macrumors the latest Leopard build has an iChat with Voicemail, so that would be covered. I don't think it would add much to the cost of .Mac but maybe Apple can start doing more with .Mac... finally.

Sebastian
post #105 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancm2000

First of all no cell phone cell phone company is go to let you use a phone on there network to use a VoIP service and if they do they may fore you to buy a Smart phone Data plan that costs a lot of then a non smart phone data plan
post #106 of 257
Just three weeks away ...

anyother rumors other than iPhone and iTV?

I would like to see MacBook Pro redesigned or with new features, its kinda of only CPU, GPU upgrades happening over the last 18 months ...

What about something new iMac?

MacBook Lite could be *real* surprise with sleek and good features...

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #107 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanmugam

Just three weeks away ...

anyother rumors other than iPhone and iTV?

I would like to see MacBook Pro redesigned or with new features, its kinda of only CPU, GPU upgrades happening over the last 18 months ...

What about something new iMac?

MacBook Lite could be *real* surprise with sleek and good features...

Other rumors, other than iPhone and iTV?

That's easy, new Apple keyboard design with built-in iPod dock, new Cinema displays, thinner, lighter, built-in iSight, IR etc. and Apple tablet.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #108 of 257
I can see apple not realeasing much during the keynote (ie iLife and iWork and one or two others), but what i think may happen is that we will have a series of special events over the first quater (maybe even half) of the year, constantly keeping apple in the news with cool new products. If they released everything in one go, they would have one massive media outage. Spreading it about a bit will keep them in the spotlight for longer, and more (good) publicity should mean more macs sold.

stu
post #109 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Eggleston

I agree with all of your other stuff, just not this one. This is a Mac gathering, and I think he will be focusing on just the Mac. What I think will happen is that his Leopard slot will fill up to be 30 minutes, instead of 15. After all, let's just rub into Microsoft's face how what they are doing is sooooo 2 years ago.

The new features will have to be things that will cause the home and corporate PC user to Zune in their drawers! Focus on simplicity, efficiency, greater PC compatibility... everything the PC user wishes they had. Many of them don't seem to be too impressed with appearance, more with extreme reliability, ease of use. Y'know, stuff we're used to.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #110 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland

Please give that cube thing a rest would you. The cube is dead. The Mini is faster than the cube was back then, so they wont make the Mini any bigger.

But it was/is a thing of beauty. Now, I certainly prefer the iMac G4 design for an integrated machine, but one of my G4^3s is doing fine right now with a 22" Cinema as a way to show my Japanese coded DVDs .
"Run faster. History is a constant race between invention and catastrophe. Education helps but it is never enough. You must also run." Leto Atreides II
"Run faster. History is a constant race between invention and catastrophe. Education helps but it is never enough. You must also run." Leto Atreides II
post #111 of 257
I'm still holding out for iLiner...
post #112 of 257
I still see the possiblilty of a digital iCamera - after all, they are going down that road as well.

I'm sure there will be a great many new features products, but no where near enough to keep folks satisfied.

- iPhone - better (hell if they don't come out with it soon, the other models will just keep improving, and there won't be room for the iPhone… can you say "Chocoale - in iPod colors

- Widescreen iPod - it's now or never. If they let the MS unit get much of a strong hold, it WILL hurt. Maybe only a little, bit it will hurt.

- Macbooks - thin, thick, tall, short, faster, slower… something, but again, some will be disappointed, but others will be very happy, and buy them

- Desktop… tough call, but I think so. A little something, but something

- Tablet… possible

- Software… a given, just what?

- .mac account info… yes, and it will be tied in with other annoucments

- iTv - of course

Botton line - MWSF is WAY to far away for many of us, myself included.

I just ordered a new Mac/intel 3.0 with a 30" monitor… so the rerst of you should wait, cuz that means Apple will be coing out with something "Kick-(my) Ass" (which is what I'll do - one more time for buying now)

Yes, this is my opinion.

Skip
post #113 of 257
You're not very thorough in your analsys are ye?

Quote:
I still see the possiblilty of a digital iCamera - after all, they are going down that road as well.

Random... but OK. Here is the thing, Apple can't have a product overload, so while it's possible they may eventually make "iCameras" in the future, I highly doubt this one and it DEFINITLY won't be at Macworld, 1) It's a Mac event and 2) Product Overload.

Quote:
I'm sure there will be a great many new features products, but no where near enough to keep folks satisfied.

Sadly you are about 100% accurate with this.

Quote:
- iPhone - better (hell if they don't come out with it soon, the other models will just keep improving, and there won't be room for the iPhone… can you say "Chocoale - in iPod colors

I highly doubt this one showing up at Macworld as well, but recent rumors seem to point to that, then again, those are just rumors. You didn't say much about this though and your posting of it makes no sense. You started to say something then you went into a Long side note and forgot to get back to it.

Quote:
- Widescreen iPod - it's now or never. If they let the MS unit get much of a strong hold, it WILL hurt. Maybe only a little, bit it will hurt.

Microsoft will not get much of a stronghold and I highly doubt Apple will brush them off like they did before (and lost all of their Personal Computer Marketshare at it) and outright murder the Zune. People are asking far too much in this thing though, Touch Screen/Bezel/Widescreen etc. Avoiding all of that, and maybe adding a Wider screen, here is a conservitive suggestion: a built in Camera for quick snapshots (and they wouldn't have to make an iCamera )

Quote:
- Macbooks - thin, thick, tall, short, faster, slower… something, but again, some will be disappointed, but others will be very happy, and buy them

- Desktop… tough call, but I think so. A little something, but something

- Tablet… possible

A New Macbook (Pro) is more likely then not and as for that "little something" (are you trying to avoid making a real prediction?) well look towards the Mac Mini. Apple's current Mac Lineup is fine the way it is, they just need to add Core 2 Duo and drop the price of the Mini. An updated Mac Pro could also be in the cards, but an updated Mac Mini is much more likely.

Quote:
- Software… a given, just what?

iLife 07 and iWork 07 for sure. .Mac maybe, and just for the hell of it, Aperture 2.0 (I'm not serious about that last one) and (hopefully, it wouldn't be a Mac without Mac OS X of course so...) Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.

Quote:
- iTv - of course

Didn't Steve say this was a sure thing? Or did he just say more details in the Spring because I'm pretty sure he said Macworld.... ???

Quote:
Botton line - MWSF is WAY to far away for many of us, myself included.

Agreed, I'm still waiting for Macworld so I can finally buy iWork (recently bought my Mac and avoided iWork just for this reason, but NeoOffice needs to be dropped from my Macs HDD and that likely won't happen until Office for Mac )

Quote:
Yes, this is my opinion.

You are entitled to it, but it's no fun if you don't make real predictions.

Sebastian
post #114 of 257
ViZiCalc II?

What about the software possibilities of the "community of vendors"?

Will there be any chance of Microsoft Office adjusting to the new Mac intels? Latest word out of Adobe?

Anything about to break for new in the Printer world?

I'm still stoked by my purchase of one of those cool iMac G4 "stands" produced by Rain Design and introduced in NY lo these many moons ago....
post #115 of 257
...the insanity is growing like a tomato addicted to Miracle-Gro®.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #116 of 257
Agreed
post #117 of 257
With all the talk of Apple getting into the corporate environment (thats a laugh...right now), I look for a "mid range" SFF unit suitable for such activities: a small, single core 2 duo box that is easily serviceable with upgradable everything, cheap and big desktop HDDs and desktop optical drives for about $1000

back to reality:
iTV: integration with iTunes/iPod and DVR, I expect a cable card slot and maybe some special divice for integration with Dish or Directv (maybe a cable card+propriatery external sat tuner)

iPod: NOTHING! they seem to get their own events, this is a MAC show

New/bumped laptops...maybe

bumped mac mini? or maybe a Mini+iTV hybrid?

TONS of time spilling the beans on Leopard

Also, if I may endulge in a WWDC prediction, I wouldn't be surprised if you see Apple announce something with Sun: NOT OOo related at first, but something to provide a reasonable alaby for their engineers to work together on an OOo and MS Office compatible Mac Based office suit using Pages and Keynote (mabe keynote as a presentation standard where one-version-old becomes open like PDF) Imagine iWork/ProWork 08; word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, everything...using Core Image, with an apple pro app interface and iLife integration...

If nothing else, Apple better have something on the shelf when MS stabs them in the back with Office...you know that the MBU is in existence for one reason: to keep the DoJ looking the other way while they FUD linux to death and beat su and bully the little software companies. The moment they feel safe (which is now, Bush being in power and the handcuffs of the mid-90s punishment being gone) they could royaly screw Mac-ers over...Apple needs a hedge to the Office:Mac bet.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #118 of 257
- preview of secret feature in leopard. hopefully, the GUI of mail and preview does not stay with the bubble theme. I like more the unified ui.
- leopard server demo ... (i wish)
- with leopard, quicktime pro for everybody
- new versions of iApps and iWork..
- preview of universal apps from adobe, microsoft and other mac developers
- more GPU options for mac pros, adding SLI (nvidia) and CrossFire (ATI) techology, including this baby --> http://www.nvidia.com/page/quadroplex.html
- new apps for apple, iApps and proApps
- xserve raid express... case for hot swappable drives (SATA, SAS) for macs
- mac pro renamed to mac xstation. ... I always love the xstation name...
- intel quad core chips inside mac pro
- SAS drives into mac pros
- ipod and itunes stuff
- new displays with isight
- new versions of ProApps until NAB, maybe all final cut studio apps will use aperture UI. new shake will be out until end of '07 or 1st quarter of '08.
:|
:|
post #119 of 257
Alright, looking at Intel's lineup, I don't see a major notebook advance until Santa Rosa (a socket and chipset change) which looks like April release. So I don't see Jack Squat for any Macs except the Mac Pro at MWSF.

Obviously, the Mac Pro will have to go to octo-core in at least the top level. I could see a jump to a quad-2.66/quad-3.0/octo-2.66 setup, but the real question is whether we see cooler features like hardware RAID or SAS drives or SLI/Crossfire. I don't know if that'll fit at MWSF, just in terms of it not being a consumer device by any means.

iLife and iWork are all but assured of updates. The killer question is whether iWork tries to position itself as a competitor to MS Office. Given the loss of VBA in the Mac version of Office, and the fact that it's gonna be a while until we get converters for .docx, .xlsx, etc., I wouldn't be surprised if Apple called MS out on cheating on their deal. Add a Numbers and a Records to iWork, and with a better Pages 3 and Keynote, it's a good competitor.

Insofar as iPhone, Macbook Thin, and xMac go, I would expect only 2 of the 4 (including Mac Pro), since we're already seeing iTV and Leopard.
post #120 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski

Alright, looking at Intel's lineup, I don't see a major notebook advance until Santa Rosa (a socket and chipset change) which looks like April release. So I don't see Jack Squat for any Macs except the Mac Pro at MWSF.

Obviously, the Mac Pro will have to go to octo-core in at least the top level. I could see a jump to a quad-2.66/quad-3.0/octo-2.66 setup, but the real question is whether we see cooler features like hardware RAID or SAS drives or SLI/Crossfire. I don't know if that'll fit at MWSF, just in terms of it not being a consumer device by any means.

iLife and iWork are all but assured of updates. The killer question is whether iWork tries to position itself as a competitor to MS Office. Given the loss of VBA in the Mac version of Office, and the fact that it's gonna be a while until we get converters for .docx, .xlsx, etc., I wouldn't be surprised if Apple called MS out on cheating on their deal. Add a Numbers and a Records to iWork, and with a better Pages 3 and Keynote, it's a good competitor.

Insofar as iPhone, Macbook Thin, and xMac go, I would expect only 2 of the 4 (including Mac Pro), since we're already seeing iTV and Leopard.

I actually am very concerned about software for our new Macs and certainly Apple going away from the MS Office world, especially considering how much superior the Mac version of Office has been to the PC one for years in most things, it would be a horror to lose easy integration and sharing. Anyone else out there in acadme who still gets papers submitted as .wps documents and not .doc files? Anyone care to complicate the process of conversion from .xls to anything else? It is tough enough to have to live in a world of .pdf files when you operate shared printers to imagine Adobe as the solution!

While I certainly wish iWork good luck and hope for innovations, just imagining the problems we will all have once CS is updated I do not want to have to weather that battle, so please keep those translators integrated and easy to use.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Macworld San Francisco 2007