or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Perennial coffee thread: how do you take it?

Perennial coffee thread: how do you take it? - Page 2

post #41 of 57
You forgot the Jameson.

Besides - you get *two* carbombs from a pint? Meh - I prefer a shot of Bailey's, a shot of Jameson, and a full pint. Drop, chug, done.
My brain is hung like a HORSE!
post #42 of 57
You must have a huge beer belly...
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #43 of 57
LOL

6'3", 180lb, don't work out, don't exercise, eat like a horse. 32" waist. Which, admittedly, is up from my trim size of 28"...
post #44 of 57
Guinness is a low calorie beer. Irish Cream is not, however.

Maybe all that coffee you drink keeps the metabolism on turbo. Personally, I'm pretty thin too, but I think it's mostly because I'm a bachelor who is too lazy to cook.
Cat: the other white meat
post #45 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha

You forgot the Jameson.

Besides - you get *two* carbombs from a pint? Meh - I prefer a shot of Bailey's, a shot of Jameson, and a full pint. Drop, chug, done.

That's a little hardcore for my taste but I'd probably love it just the same.
post #46 of 57
Just give me Jameson 12 year old either neat or over ice.
post #47 of 57
Naw, if you're going to go whiskey, go all the way, and settle for nothing less than at least an 18yr The Macallan. (Although their Cask Strength is damned nice, with an extra kick.)

Coffee. Right, coffee. Um... been having it black and sweet recently, and when I get down to the S American coffee house in town, with anise and cinnamon.
post #48 of 57
I've been drinking the Folgers Gourmet Supreme. You pay 7 bucks for a big tub and get like 200 servings. Can't beat that.
post #49 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ

I've been drinking the Folgers Gourmet Supreme. You pay 7 bucks for a big tub and get like 200 servings. Can't beat that.

Folgers is my favorite of the inexpensive coffee brands also. Taster's Choice is aweful and very bitter, Folgers seems to avoid being bitter,
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #50 of 57
I we want to turn this into a general culinary thread, I have no problem with that. I've always been a little bit annoyed by the "stick to the topic" nazis, particularly in AO.
post #51 of 57
I've always had the mentality, go wherever the wind takes you...

P.S. I want some evidence on the Guiness being a low calorie beer...
post #52 of 57
Here's a FAQ: http://webpages.marshall.edu/~bennet...ss/guinqna.htm

210kcal/pint

Here's a nice comparison chart across brands, standardized at 12oz servings: http://www.realbeer.com/edu/health/calories.php

Amstel Light and Bud Lite are both 95kcal vs. Guinness' 125kcal. Anchor Steam Porter? 205kcal! Heineken? 166.

Definitely on the low end of calorie content for a dark.

Cripes: Michelob Light is 134kcal. Yup, more than a Guinness.

I <3 Guinness.
post #53 of 57
When it comes to mainstream beers, I usually reach for Becks -- which I find now is less intense than I thought: only 143kcals despite the 5%+ alcohol load.
post #54 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinemodel

What kind of machine is that, Cake? My Dad inherited a big, red, Italian espresso machine a few years ago. It has a ridiculously large pump which allows you to pack in the grinds until they are as dense as lead. Makes four cups at a time.

I am looking forward to going back for Thanksgiving!

It's a candy apple red Starbucks Barista. Fantastic machine and can be had much cheaper via eBay.

post #55 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha

I <3 Guinness.

One of the finest substances on this planet.
post #56 of 57
I love coffee and drink lots of it regardless of the shakes and other adverse side effects it sometimes has. Lots of sugar and lots of cream (not creamer, but cream) is how I take it. I also perfer freshly ground beans when available.
post #57 of 57
Oh... and even though I'm not very picky/knowledgable when it comes to coffee beans, Playmaker's post reminds me of something...

I absolutely DETEST a) powdered/UHT milk/creamers (and skim milk for that matter) and b)instant coffee. I would rather practice urine therapy than be forced to drink that crap.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Perennial coffee thread: how do you take it?