or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › QuickLook feature, Dashboard tweaks in latest Leopard builds

QuickLook feature, Dashboard tweaks in latest Leopard builds - Page 3

post #81 of 89
Agreed, it could be difficult to implement but I find the slideshow useful at the moment - QuickLook is useful when you've forgotten what a file is, although how this differs from column view is in-apparent to me. An Aperture loupe tool could be useful - but resource hungry.
post #82 of 89
Maybe Leopard is Apple's way to tell the world "we will catch up with the darned KDE features - one day, we will". And that is not necessarily bad ;-)
post #83 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisswuff

Maybe Leopard is Apple's way to tell the world "we will catch up with the darned KDE features - one day, we will". And that is not necessarily bad ;-)

What KDE features?
post #84 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim kap sol

What KDE features?

konqueror features related to image preview, probably :-)
post #85 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisswuff

konqueror features related to image preview, probably :-)

Does it just show a preview of an image or does it show a preview of any document? The former is a small feat...the later is a gargantuan feat (done properly).
post #86 of 89
Quote:

Does it just show a preview of an image or does it show a preview of any document? The former is a small feat...the later is a gargantuan feat (done properly).

agreed, I kind of assumed/hoped it would show anything.
post #87 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCrazy

QuickLook is useful when you've forgotten what a file is, although how this differs from column view is in-apparent to me.

Column View doesn't let you browse documents, presentations and so on.
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
post #88 of 89
Quote:

In theory, any document.

There does need to be a plugin to support new document types... in a similar way to proprietary types needing their own spotlight importer. It is hoped that developers will write plugins for the formats their app uses.
post #89 of 89
awesome
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › QuickLook feature, Dashboard tweaks in latest Leopard builds