or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Zune grabs No. 2 spot at retail during first week

Zune grabs No. 2 spot at retail during first week - Page 3

post #81 of 83
Quote:
I am surprised to see that SanDisk's discounts brought to within .1 percent of equaling the iPod for that week.

I underestimated SanDisk to begin with. I didn't think they would go as far as they did even before Price Cuts.
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
post #82 of 83
this is the BEST indicator of zoooon's success it says it all
http://www.macdailynews.com/index.ph..._market_share/

people have it all wrong its a MS end run.....this is not about the ipod it's a direct attack against, creative and sandisk et al. MS wants to be a solid #2 it's not about killing ipod it's about killing off MS "partners" that's why a zune marketplace and lack of playback for "playsforsure" hey MS wants to go after easy fruit first....people have this "ipod killer" all wrong this ipod killer stuff is only a distraction for the real MS business model
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
post #83 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFEER

this is the BEST indicator of zoooon's success it says it all
http://www.macdailynews.com/index.ph..._market_share/

people have it all wrong its a MS end run.....this is not about the ipod it's a direct attack against, creative and sandisk et al. MS wants to be a solid #2 it's not about killing ipod it's about killing off MS "partners" that's why a zune marketplace and lack of playback for "playsforsure" hey MS wants to go after easy fruit first....people have this "ipod killer" all wrong this ipod killer stuff is only a distraction for the real MS business model

I can't agree with that.

While it will act as a damper, to some degree, to other MS and non MS related technologies, they only contribute perhaps 20% to the overall market.

If that remains so, even with the Zune taking over all of that 20 ,or so, percent, that won'r help MS.

What they are trying to do is to ensure that they have some significant control over the standards used.

If AAC takes over, as it slowly seems to be doing, then MS's WMA will die a death that MS can't afford.

MS MUST cut into Apple's marketshare, or other companies will see less of a reason to license MS's technologies in that area.

The same is true for vodeo formats.

For MS, it's now or never.

If Zune doesn't pull this off, MS might not ever have another chance.

Don't forget that their technologies don't command the majority of sales outside the Apple sphere. You have Real with AAC. Sony with ATRAC, and MP3 sales comprising the second largest percentage.

Subscriptions only command a few fillion subscribers, with no evidence that those have increased significantly over the past year.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Zune grabs No. 2 spot at retail during first week