or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Quantum theory and consciousness. Help.

Quantum theory and consciousness. Help. - Page 3

post #81 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcUK

so what is consciousness?

Consciousness is notion... we don't really know what it really is, but it doesn't matter.
It's what consiousness allows us to do that is important.

It's somewhat asking us what is an electron? We don't know, however we know what its properties are and that is how we describe it.

Quote:
I might argue, that unless you are God, it is not possible to correctly evaluate all the possible internal and external constrains on yourself, so in reality, it is not possible to be fully conscious.

In this case you'd have to define what God is. And certainly you can not define God as something that can "evaluate all the possible internal and external constrains on yourself", because that is a logical paradox and is not applicable in our physical universe.
post #82 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatman

In this case you'd have to define what God is. And certainly you can not define God as something that can "evaluate all the possible internal and external constrains on yourself", because that is a logical paradox and is not applicable in our physical universe.

Actually, i meant God in the sense of the common understanding of omniscient, except i was far too intoxicated to attempt to type such a big word.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Quantum theory and consciousness. Help.