or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Digg founder spills beans on Apple iPhone?

Digg founder spills beans on Apple iPhone? - Page 2

post #41 of 135
Oooooh boy!!!! > Now MS will come out with a phone as well.
Nate
Nate
post #42 of 135
Null.
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
post #43 of 135
Null.
post #44 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzDots

Well, there you have it! Idle, you are right, it does make a good safety device. I stand corrected.

Come on backtomac, I said be honest...

I am being honest. Are you? Do you really have a position were you are able to ignore clients or have a band of minions who deal with such menial tasks for you?
post #45 of 135
I'm most excited about having integrated iCal to help me get things done rather than having 8 million post-it's in my pocket. Plus of course it would be nice to have my favorite music at my fingertips plus a phone in just one device. I still have the same phone I started with 4 years ago! I need a new one, but am definately waiting for the iPhone.

< I love this emoticon.
post #46 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii

Maybe the iPhone could come with a little card of cellphone etiquette?

When you open the package there is a message that says "Don't be an ass" instead of "Don't steal music".

Where were you when the hammer flew?  

MacBook Pro Retina, 13", 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD

iPhone 5s • iPad mini Retina • Chromebook Pixel • Nexus 7

post #47 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkwho

erm...somehow i doubled posted...sorry...

like 5 times...

While you can't delete them, you can edit those double posts, in the lower right corner of your posts so at least they don't all say the same thing.
post #48 of 135
Null.
post #49 of 135
Quote:

Ya know, I agree. And, people should value themselves more than to be tied to a universal, unseen umbilical cord.

And I know I'm gonna get fired on for this one but.. only a true lacky carries a cell phone - be honest with yourself!

...but, like dear 'ol Dad used to say "if they want blue, sell 'em blue" - Go Apple!

This is more the result of people who let the technology control them rather than remain in control of the technology and use it as a tool.

I have a cell phone, but there are plenty of times when I have it set to silent or left in my car. For instance if I am on a date or something, I will not answer. The same thing with the land line phone on my desk at work, if I am having a meeting with someone, I set the phone to do not disturb.

I believe that there is a way to live with the technology without it controlling you. I also believe that you can get along without it. Many places where I rock climb have no service and I don't miss it one bit.
post #50 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by archurban

I actually stopped to listen this crappy podcast. I mean news what they provide is fine. but their manner to run show is not ready for public. why do they drink beers in the middle of show? then they are sober, drunken. they say word 'fukc, dude' many times. it's not word to say on show which many people listen. about 1 hour or less show, they talk about crap. IT news is maybe 20%. what a lame crappy show! I like kevin. but please, think before the show. you know, brain is not decoration.

That was the first time I've ever seen that show and the last. I suppose they think they're cool but it just comes off as ignorant and unprofessional. It was painful to watch.

post #51 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr O

Apple doing a cellphone? I'd be surprised. Apple doing an internet phone? More likely! Hence the name i(nternet)Mac, i(nternet)Phone.

And it's gonna integrate with their cutting edge desktop applications (iLife, iChat and Address book).

The cellphone is dead! Long live the iPhone!!

That doesn't make sense. What about the i(nternet)Pod? I think it makes more sense to interpret the "i" as a personal device or utility, not as an internet product. I think it's less aggravating than using "my".

To be an internet phone, first you have to have a good mesh of open access points, which do not exist on nearly the same scale as the phone networks. You are lucky if an access point has a few tens of meters of range, the cellular network has a range of several kilometers from the towers. WiMax might make a VOIP mobile phone useful, but it would take many years before it catches on like that because the towers need to be erected.
post #52 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazznb

Oooooh boy!!!! > Now MS will come out with a phone as well.

I am pretty sure that Microsoft has stated that they will be making a Zune phone, and I expect that they would be incompatible with their Windows Mobile phones.
post #53 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by filburt

Regarding dual battery... perhaps it will be two virtual batteries (over 1 physical battery) instead of two physical batteries. I maybe naive about battery technology, but it seems rather inefficient to have two smaller batteries instead of one large one, and use software/technology to ration power to multimedia and phone functionalities. Double points if phone functionality can borrow battery from multimedia.

I too think it does make more sense to soft-limit the music playback. It is possible to make long-running phones, I don't even shut my phone off and it's been getting 1+ week battery life for a few years now, though the battery is fading now. Even if that means I have to charge twice a week, the extra power consumption of a flash audio player is not a problem for me.
post #54 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM

I am pretty sure that Microsoft has stated that they will be making a Zune phone, and I expect that they would be incompatible with their Windows Mobile phones.

Oh cool, maybe it will be baby-shit green.
post #55 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM

Yes, they will release it 1 year after the iPhone, it will have all the features*** of the iPhone with an inferior UI and it will be twice as heavy, but still not compatible with Vista. It will also allow you to 'squirt' your 'stuff' on all of your friends.

***We decided not to implement Voice in the initial version of the ZunePhone because we wanted to focus on the music and community features, Voice will be available in about a year via a downloadable software update. In the meantime, have fun 'squirting' your pictures around.
post #56 of 135
Null.
post #57 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewis

WiMax would actually be something to expect in an Apple iPhone. WiMax is already catching on, I believe they are testing it on the Caltrain system here in the Bay Area, although not having a reason to use Caltrain, or even not owning a WiMax enabled Laptop I kind of haven't been able to try it. But WiMax smells like a hit and I believe it will go (almost perhaps) mainstream in 2007, and will likely be definitly mainstream in 2008 and beyond.

Testing isn't the same as catching on. I think it's been in public testing for a year now in some places. I'll give it credence when coverage of much of a state is completed. I don't think Apple would bother with something like this except as a secondary radio.
post #58 of 135
Null.
post #59 of 135
Quote:

I never said it was. But Testing is still one step closer.

I was only responding to what you wrote. You said "WiMax is already catching on" before you noted it was in testing.
post #60 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

Expect Steve to put out a contract on Kevin Rose, and Boba Fett, Dengar, Bossk, IG-88, 4-LOM, Zuckuss and Aurra Sing to answer the call.

Dog Chapman is already hiding in his bushes.
post #61 of 135
Null.
post #62 of 135
Yes a zune phone is on the way
And yes it will suck as usual.
http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/14/zune-phone-en-route/
post #63 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by nufase

My 60GB 4th gen photo just broke (the harddrive died I think, It keeps saying its corrupt, anyone else have this problem?). I'm going to wait until the 8GB iphone comes out to replace it.

That JUST happened to my 60GB iPod Photo. I was just riding in my car and it quit, gave me the sad iPod face.

It was doing the sad face for 4 days until I could find time to take it to the Apple Store. I swear the girl behind the Genius Bar had the proverbial "magic touch" because as soon as she touched it it turned on fine and played music and all that good stuff iPods are supposed to do. And I was all like, "I swear it was sad just a minute ago!"

Anyway, it's better now, which is good since I didn't get Apple Care for it (stupid). But it was strange. It happened just after I upgraded to iTunes 7, which made me a bit suspicious. I hope it works out for you, though.

GIVE ME A TREO KILLER!!!!

I WILL PAY MANY HAMILTONS!!!!
post #64 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtomac

I am being honest. Are you? Do you really have a position were you are able to ignore clients or have a band of minions who deal with such menial tasks for you?

Honest, yes.

I am actually gainfully employed - even though you wouldn't know it from the "lunch hours" I waste on AI. And, yes I do own a cell phone, as do all the people in my business.

Ignore clients, no.

I am in the client business...but I also know that unless you enforce your own perimeter, your clients, your boss and your business will eat you alive. It is very often better that you not be found - even though you could have easily taken a call. As a society, we need to relearn to make our own decisions.

Band of minions, well.......
Damn maybe you caught me.
OMG here we go again...
OMG here we go again...
post #65 of 135
So, it'll be "small and cool as shit" that's all he knows. Here's the clip (cnet.com story links to video)

http://news.com.com/2061-10793_3-614...-0-5&subj=news
15.4" 2.33 GHz MacBook Pro
16GB iPhone
80 Gig Black Ipod
16GB iPhone
80 Gig Black Ipod
post #66 of 135
Quote:

Honest, yes.

I am actually gainfully employed - even though you wouldn't know it from the "lunch hours" I waste on AI. And, yes I do own a cell phone, as do all the people in my business.

Ignore clients, no.

I am in the client business...but I also know that unless you enforce your own perimeter, your clients, your boss and your business will eat you alive. It is very often better that you not be found - even though you could have easily taken a call. As a society, we need to relearn to make our own decisions.

Band of minions, well.......
Damn maybe you caught me.

OK, so maybe we can agree that cell phones are an evil necessity for most and that it sometimes is beneficial to turn them off and let voice mail take the call.
post #67 of 135
Quote:

I am in the client business...but I also know that unless you enforce your own perimeter, your clients, your boss and your business will eat you alive. It is very often better that you not be found

That is well put, and I couldn't agree more. There are places and time that you can't devote you full attention to a client, and 9 times out of 10 it's best to let them roll to VM and call back when you can.
16GB iPhone
80 Gig Black Ipod
16GB iPhone
80 Gig Black Ipod
post #68 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella

Dog Chapman is already hiding in his bushes.

DON'T TRY TO RUN FROM ME, I'LL SPRAY YOU WITH BEAR MACE!

Yeah Brother! You have to get off the booze and find Jesus! Jesus says never tell Steve's secrets. I once told one of Steve's secrets but then I turned my life around. I hate to take you in Brother but I have to, otherwise it takes the earbuds out of the ears of my children.
post #69 of 135
The report says: "According to Rose, the extremely compact device will work with both CDMA and GSM networks......."

Isn't this HUGE, if true? Are there many handsets out there that currently offer such functionality?
post #70 of 135
T-mobile... heh, heh.

But seriously, Rose should get his ass beat by this insider trusting him with Apple's proprietary information, and he should get sued by Apple (if this is at all true).

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #71 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii

I really can't support Apple in this. The cellphone is just a rude, rude invention. No amount of Apple polish can overcome the crassness of carrying a telephone around in your pocket.

Time to roll up those sleeves and jump feet first into the 1990's. Good luck with change.

post #72 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram

The report says: "According to Rose, the extremely compact device will work with both CDMA and GSM networks......."

Isn't this HUGE, if true? Are there many handsets out there that currently offer such functionality?

The new razor is available on Sprint PCS and Verizon (CDMA). It is also available on Cingular (GSM) I think... I may be wrong...\
post #73 of 135
Quote:

There are many dual system phones available,.
such as the Nokia 6630, "GSM/CDMA Phone, 65k Color display, Mega Pixel Integrated Camera, Video streaming, Video recorder, HTML Web Browser, MP3 Player, MMC Support, BlueTooth, USB Support, EDGE, GPRS, Speaker phone, WAP" $269
Samsung a790 , w399, w579
coolpad 728 smartphone.
post #74 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtomac

OK, so maybe we can agree that cell phones are an evil necessity for most and that it sometimes is beneficial to turn them off and let voice mail take the call.

An evil necessity for some, not most. Kids texting each other at the dinner table, sluts discussing their sex life in the checkout line at the grocery store, etc. really isn't considered a necessity.

post #75 of 135
Null.
post #76 of 135
Quote:

I never did understand Text Messages

Well lets hope Apple does, cause if they don't, then they wont understand the whole European market, which would be terrible for the iPhone.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #77 of 135
Quote:

I doubt there will be a single iPhone that works with all these standards.
More likely there will be seperate GSM, CDMA and PCS versions.
post #78 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984

When you open the package there is a message that says "Don't be an ass" instead of "Don't steal music".

LOL... brilliant.
post #79 of 135
Quote:

I never did understand Text Messages

Maybe because the ones sending you text messages weren't using a full keyboard. They don't have to be that big to be usable. My wonderful little Nokia 6820 folds out to a nice little keyboard and the whole thing still fits in my pocket.

Which is why I still have this 3 year old phone. No one has made one the same size with a full keyboard. \
post #80 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984

An evil necessity for some, not most. Kids texting each other at the dinner table, sluts discussing their sex life in the checkout line at the grocery store, etc. really isn't considered a necessity.

If you can get by without one, more power to you. Me, I 'd rather get out and do what I want rather than have to be near a land line.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Digg founder spills beans on Apple iPhone?