or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple security finds leak inside Cupertino campus

Apple security finds leak inside Cupertino campus

post #1 of 43
Apple Computer this week was able to locate and do away with a leak at its Cupertino, Calif.-based campus thanks to some swift action by a night patrol security guard.

According to the ABC Bay City News, California Water Service Co. crews are cleaning up what's left of a major water leak that left more than a foot of water lining the floor of one of the company's building at its Cupertino campus early Wednesday morning.

At one point more than 100 gallons of water per minute were flooding into the building from a leak under the first floor, a Santa Clara County Fire Department dispatcher said.

The leak was first reported at 12:55 a.m. Wednesday when a security guard called to report that water was coming out of a wall in the building, according to ABC. It was later determined that the leak was coming from under the building.

California Water Service Co. crews reportedly shut off the water at approximately 2:30 a.m. and were working to clean up damaged areas of the building, the dispatcher said.
post #2 of 43
Funny!

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #3 of 43
WoW, this actually made news. Apple need to release something and soon.
post #4 of 43
I was hoping for a different kind of leak
post #5 of 43
Alright, you got me. Cheeky bastard.
My brain is hung like a HORSE!
post #6 of 43
Sources say that finding the leak wasn't hard, but getting Nick DePlume out of the sponge after was a real toughie.
Modding for Great Justice
Modding for Great Justice
post #7 of 43
Nick has a girlfriend?!?

And she thinks he's *sponge-worthy*?

Ew.
post #8 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamw

Sources say that finding the leak wasn't hard, but getting Nick DePlume out of the sponge after was a real toughie.

har har
post #9 of 43
Oh good. I was afraid we'd lose a source of inside info... not that we've gotten much lately.. but still.
post #10 of 43
waaa waaa waaa
post #11 of 43
This story is just a metaphor. Now, you won't hear anything about the iPhone or the MacBook "Thin" until the moment Steve wants you to hear it, and our 100-gallon-a-minute source is resting comfortably under the sub-basement of the Winchester Mystery House!
post #12 of 43
Great story. Made me laugh. Thanks.
post #13 of 43
Note to myself:
Make friends with folks working at the Santa Clara County Fire Department as well as the California Water Service Co. Chances they had to sign non-disclosure forms very unlikely.
post #14 of 43
What? Not a single Aqua joke?

I am disappointed.

MWSF '07: Steve Jobs hates my wallet and my mobile carrier.
MWSF '07: Steve Jobs hates my wallet and my mobile carrier.
post #15 of 43
Hopefully that wasn't the basement where they keep the super secret code that lives a double life...

...next up waterproof ipod socks
post #16 of 43
despite using an aqua interface daily the apple employees were blundered once they saw the leak!

that was downright bad...
post #17 of 43
-well there you go. Now you're screwed, AppleInsider!!! Hah hah haaa!! -Security has finally caught your conniving 2-faced double-agent source inside apple's campus and plugged them up for good. -Serves you right, dirty f*%kers! ...

...Oh. -It's the Creative Headlines part of the class... How disappointing. -5 hit points from you, AppleInsider, you dirty f*%kers!
"-but Jimmy has fear? A thousand times no. I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey strong bowels were girded with strength like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the...
"-but Jimmy has fear? A thousand times no. I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey strong bowels were girded with strength like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the...
post #18 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleshorts

Great story. Made me laugh. Thanks.

The spelling and grammar errors made me laugh... and them cry uncontrolably!

Quote:
...was able to located and do away with...

Quote:
...lining the floor of of one...

I am continually appalled at the lack of PROOFREADING at this site. I'm almost to the point where I would start my own rumor site just to repost the information WITHOUT STUPIDITY!!!

-Clive
My Mod: G4 Cube + Atom 330 CPU + Wiimote = Ultimate HTPC!
(Might I recommend the Libertarian Party as a good compromise between the equally terrible "DnR"?)
(Might I recommend the Libertarian Party as a good compromise between the equally terrible "DnR"?)
post #19 of 43
We know you wouldn't be any better at proof reading!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive At Five

The spelling and grammar errors made me laugh... and them cry uncontrolably!

-Clive
post #20 of 43
This story could've been funnier if they somehow tied in the fact that there is a BJ's Restaurant & Brewery next to Inifite Loop.

"BJ's comforted Apple employees while they waited for the leak to subside."
post #21 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSummerNight

We know you wouldn't be any better at proof reading!

Touche...

Then again, I never proof-read my comment. So who knows.

-Clive
post #22 of 43
Ah crap. Now GreenPeace is going to hammer Apple for wasting our precious fresh water resources.
post #23 of 43
slow news day
post #24 of 43
Quote:
Apple Computer this week was able to located and do away with a leak at its Cupertino, Calif.-based campus thanks to some swift action by a night patrol security guard.

Replace with:

Quote:
Apple Computer this week was able to locate and do away with a leak at its Cupertino, Calif.-based campus thanks to some swift action by a night patrol security guard.
post #25 of 43
The title seems a bit misleading... I thought it was going to be a security leak, not a water leak...
post #26 of 43
Last night I dreamed I was trying to fix a flooded basement

This is freaky.
post #27 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha

Alright, you got me. Cheeky bastard.

Yeah, I was totally fooled. I was expecting the coroner's report from Cupertino's Sheriff Department. "Apple Computer this week was able to locate and do away with a leak".

Steve Jobs, behind a big desk, cigar in hand... "He's sleeping with the old candy-colored iMacs now".
post #28 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Bauer

This is freaky.

Last night I dreamed I was eating iPhones one after the other.

This is freaky.
post #29 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha

Nick has a girlfriend?!? And she thinks he's *sponge-worthy*?
Ew.

hhah ahahahh hhah ha Great old skool Seinfeld reference...
post #30 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by josa92

Last night I dreamed I was eating iPhones one after the other.
This is freaky.

Last night I dreamt I was high above in the air, and there were these little steps (like the ones they use in Survivor challenges). However each time I tried to step on one it sank a bit. After a while, I was able to just float on through over the steps without actually stepping on them!!
post #31 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider

California Water Service Co. crews reportedly shut off the water at approximately 2:30 a.m. and were working to clean up damaged areas of the building, the dispatcher said.

They also found Shaw Wu drenched and shivering, frantically muttering about "I saw things no person should ever see again... All things so beautiful, functional, cool and amazing, Apple's entire roadmap for the next 10 years...!!". Shaw Wu was later arrested by local police and referred to inpatient psychiatric treatment.
post #32 of 43
Bobbing for Apples anyone???

Feeling a little flushed. I'd better go now....
Mr. Scott
Mr. Scott
post #33 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scott

Bobbing for Apples anyone???....

Ha ha another good one....!

One should be blindfolded, A whole bunch of floating Apples (actual fruit).
If you're really lucky you might pull out an iPod Nano or Shuffle inbetween your teeth.
post #34 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive At Five

Touche...

Then again, I never proof-read my comment. So who knows.

-Clive

I don't think your using that right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQh5Cx-EuV8
post #35 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilraman

Ha ha another good one....!

And your post was good as well! Like the "muttering" part. That was classic!

I'm hoping for a Red nano!!!

Someone hand me a towel will ya?!?!?!
Mr. Scott
Mr. Scott
post #36 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Bauer

This is freaky.

And then you woke up in a bed treated with Urine Therapy...

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #37 of 43
i thought this was a story worth reading, it's not april 1st, right????
vista = virus inside switch to apple
vista = virus inside switch to apple
post #38 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeonit

i thought this was a story worth reading, it's not april 1st, right????

Meh. I think we're just bored . Everyone's either bought and/or got their Macs and iPods for Christmas. Just killin' time to the major killa stuff in January onwards - iPhone, iTV, Oct-Dec2006 financial results, MacWorld SanFran2007, iPod Cinema/ iPod Movie (widescreen touch iPod video 6thgen), Fox/ Sony/ WB/ Paramount/ Universal on iTunes Store, Leopard 10.5, and maybe a Nobel prize for Steve Jobs... with a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Award for Steve Ballmer. 8)
post #39 of 43
Sabotage!

It must be Ballmer and his goons! I'm forming a lynching mob and am heading to Redmond! Who's with me?

Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #40 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by sCreeD

What? Not a single Aqua joke? I am disappointed.

"And in other news, Apple's CEO Steve Jobs says that their Aqua Interface will now stay Aqua for the foreseeable future."

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple security finds leak inside Cupertino campus