or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Analyst Reports: News?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Analyst Reports: News?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
"high in her convictions..." "we expect..." "her sources..." "we assume..." "also likely, but not confirmed..." "the analyst is a bit uncertain..."

seriously AI, was this really 'news' worthy?
Sent from my iPhone
Reply
Sent from my iPhone
Reply
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfRat

"high in her convictions..." "we expect..." "her sources..." "we assume..." "also likely, but not confirmed..." "the analyst is a bit uncertain..."

seriously AI, was this really 'news' worthy?

Is it the word 'news' or the word 'rumors', in the site tag-line, which confuses you?
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiopollution

Is it the word 'news' or the word 'rumors', in the site tag-line, which confuses you?

i don't know, scroll to the top of this page and tell me what the word on the very left side of the link bar says...
Sent from my iPhone
Reply
Sent from my iPhone
Reply
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfRat

i don't know, scroll to the top of this page and tell me what the word on the very left side of the link bar says...

www.appleinsider.com

Look at the top of your browser window.

If the content relating to analyst reports doesn't interest you, don't read those items.

Thanks for playing.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
It doesn't matter whether I'm interested or not. I wasn't commenting on that fact. I just posed the question, "Is the story newsworthy?"

Well, let's see:

Timelines: Yes
Proximity: Yes
Exceptional Quality: Questionable
Possible Future Impact: None
Prominence: I've never heard of her... has anyone else?
Conflict: None
Number of people involved or effected: One
Consequence: None
Human Interest: None
Pathos: Well, yeah I feel pretty sorry for whoever deems that story newsworthy.
Shock Value: None

Factually: Not newsworthy.
Sent from my iPhone
Reply
Sent from my iPhone
Reply
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfRat

It doesn't matter whether I'm interested or not. I wasn't commenting on that fact. I just posed the question, "Is the story newsworthy?"

Well, let's see:

Timelines: Yes
Proximity: Yes
Exceptional Quality: Questionable
Possible Future Impact: None
Prominence: I've never heard of her... has anyone else?
Conflict: None
Number of people involved or effected: One
Consequence: None
Human Interest: None
Pathos: Well, yeah I feel pretty sorry for whoever deems that story newsworthy.
Shock Value: None

Factually: Not newsworthy.

The people who are interested will appreciate your sympathy.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiopollution

The people who are interested will appreciate your sympathy.

Wait, I have "sympathy?" Maybe you should look that word up. Goodnight.
Sent from my iPhone
Reply
Sent from my iPhone
Reply
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfRat

Wait, I have "sympathy?" Maybe you should look that word up. Goodnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrat

Pathos: Well, yeah I feel pretty sorry for whoever deems that story newsworthy.

Quote:
sympathy |?simp???|
noun ( pl. -thies)

1 feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else's misfortune : they had great sympathy for the flood victims.
( one's sympathies) formal expression of such feelings; condolences : all Tony's friends joined in sending their sympathies to his widow Jean.

2 understanding between people; common feeling : the special sympathy between the two boys was obvious to all.
( sympathies) support in the form of shared feelings or opinions : his sympathies lay with his constituents.
agreement with or approval of an opinion or aim; a favorable attitude : I have some sympathy for this view.
( in sympathy) relating harmoniously to something else; in keeping : repairs had to be in sympathy with the original structure.
the state or fact of responding in a way similar or corresponding to an action elsewhere : the magnetic field oscillates in sympathy.

... and that's enough of this, I'm moving these posts to the Feedback forum.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
post #9 of 9
OK.... I have the following to say:





\
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Reply
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Analyst Reports: News?