or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › OSX 10.4.8 System Hesitation/Delay

OSX 10.4.8 System Hesitation/Delay

post #1 of 2
I've upgraded to 10.4.8 recently from 10.3.9 and am having big hesitations/delays in all apps that I use. I've upgraded 2 separate machines so I'm pretty sure it's not something to do with an individual system, seems like a Tiger issue. Double clicks take a few seconds or more to start, opening things, maneuvering through windows/pallets (layers, etc.) in apps is super slow. I'm using CS2 and having issues in all apps within it as well as other software. I have a G4 867 dual MDD with plenty of RAM and HD space and a G4 733 Quicksilver with plenty of RAM and HD space as well, same symptoms on both. My laptop (G4 FW800) running OS 10.3.9 is quick as these used to be. Anyone else have this prob? Any ideas how to remedy? I'm stumped.. Thanks much for any help.
I surf, therefore I am.
1 MP 2 x 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 10 GB RAM; 1 MBP 15" 2.3 GHz Quad, 8 GB RAM; 1 MBP 15" 2.4 GHz Duo, 4 GB RAM; 3 G4s - MDD, QS, PB
I surf, therefore I am.
1 MP 2 x 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 10 GB RAM; 1 MBP 15" 2.3 GHz Quad, 8 GB RAM; 1 MBP 15" 2.4 GHz Duo, 4 GB RAM; 3 G4s - MDD, QS, PB
post #2 of 2
Tiger is not known for being any slower than Panther, so that shouldn't be it.

Since it happens on both machines, I wonder if there was any third-party addons that do not get along with some pretty extensive kernel architecture changes that came with Tiger.

Try booting with the Shift key down to disable all non-Apple extensions and see if there is any change.

When you see the delays, does the spinning cursor appear?
--Johnny
--Johnny
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › OSX 10.4.8 System Hesitation/Delay