or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › iChat Help

iChat Help

post #1 of 11
I accidently Deleted my iChat from my iMac, I went to apple.com to download it but they have the older version that will not install on Intel iMac's any clues?
post #2 of 11
Install it from your DVD.
post #3 of 11
Haha The install DVD Bundle INSTALL's everything BUT iChat
post #4 of 11
Mac OS X 10.4 Intall Disc>System>Installation>Packages>iChat.pkg

Sebastian
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
post #5 of 11
I go through the install sequence as follows, welcome to iCha installer, chcking if its possible to install, continue, Macintosh HD, Install, CANNOT install, there is nothing to install.
post #6 of 11
Never mind had to go through spotlite there was an old package sitting i never delted that was corrupted
post #7 of 11
Now a new question has popped up, iChat keeps saying unexpected loss of host, waht the iChat port numbers so I can unblock them.
post #8 of 11
In the Server settings all the OSCAR accounts (AIM, ICQ, and .Mac) I have, say: Port "5190"
My Google Talk/Jabber account uses Port 5223
It doesn't say for Bonjour

They should set up Automatically, just make Bonjour uses your "Computer Name"

Sebastian
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc908

I accidently Deleted my iChat from my iMac, I went to apple.com to download it but they have the older version that will not install on Intel iMac's any clues?

Pacifist allows you to re-install single applications from your OS X install disk.
post #10 of 11
Well i have AIM (mac version) works fine but iChat, ever sense i got my new router stopped working, AIM works fine, iChat always goes unexpected loss of connection with host. So i'll try ublocking port number 5190
post #11 of 11
Hopefully that one will work.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › iChat Help