or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › OK. WTF Here be Official MacWorld SF2007 Countdown Thread

OK. WTF Here be Official MacWorld SF2007 Countdown Thread - Page 4

post #121 of 500
It is 5 days, 20 hours, 5 minutes and 56 seconds

time moves toooo slooooow ...

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #122 of 500
Almost there...

post #123 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin C View Post

Almost there...

Keep it up Martin! I hear the strains of "Zarathustra" already!
"Run faster. History is a constant race between invention and catastrophe. Education helps but it is never enough. You must also run." Leto Atreides II
"Run faster. History is a constant race between invention and catastrophe. Education helps but it is never enough. You must also run." Leto Atreides II
post #124 of 500
5 days, 17 hours, 19 minutes
AAPL = $83.80

Stupid investors.
Should be $90+ by now.
So much other distracting rubbish news.
Frack the SEC. Go chase REAL CRIMINALS!
FREE STEVE JOBS! The iLEADER is INNOCENT
(as blind followers that we(er, I) am say...!). Heh
post #125 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Barbara View Post

Hi Suni, how is life in Australia? It is one of the countries, which is still
awaiting my very visit.

Btw, in the past i was involved in a lot of, say, soft battles
about the question how to enhance battery life in general.

For me as a not too tech savvy man, it is hardly understandable, that
the more you use the battery, the longer lasts the battery, the more
you can draw out of it. Everybody tells me that, even Apple claims,
that you better use the battery frequently (means: draw until zero, than charge),
in order to get a long lasting battery. Makes sense?

cheers

Hi, Australia is an interesting place. It has become a little more diverse, a kind of American- media- influence- Colonial- English- history- Immigrant- culture- mix- Aboriginal- minority- history- huge- empty- continent- some- beautiful- nature- but- also- great- party- cities (Sydney+Melbourne)- kind- of- place.

"For me as a not too tech savvy man"
-- I thought you are a woman not a man? Or do you mean, "as a not too tech savvy person"

Anyway, batteries. No, the longer you use the battery, the more battery cycles you use up (check http://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/ for a good application).

You use a full charge, then deplete it completely, because that counts as a proper battery cycle. If you charge halfway, then deplete it half, then charge again, that still counts as "burning up" a battery cycle, so that is not good.

So you want to use as little battery cycles as possible, while making sure each battery cycles is used as fully as possible.

So plug in to electricity mains as much as possible, but of course it would be a good idea to use a FULL battery cycle (full deplete and full charge up) every two weeks, AFAIK it is also not good to NOT use the battery for too long.
post #126 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Just buy one after Macworld like you planned. Now that you've waited this long and Macworld SF is just 6 Days 2 Hours 30 Minutes away. Don't get stuck on the too many upgrades path like me, where because I had to buy my Mac in November, I now have to fork over the upgrades for iLife, iWork (my Trial will last until the day of the Keynote, or a couple days after...) and Leopard.

Sebastian

You have a point about iLife '07 and Leopard. I want those to come with a new MacBook, preferably 14" wide, 1440x900(???).

So I may have to wait until new Mac laptops released and ship with Leopard.

Found/ Stolen/ Borrowed a good cell phone yet? We'll text you updates mate.
post #127 of 500

every four hour report, Sun rising behind the Apple Logo

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #128 of 500
Where is my mental block? Isn't that countdown timer off by an hour?

Or does the keynote start at 9AM this year?
--Johnny
--Johnny
post #129 of 500
I thought 10 AM as well, but macworldexpo says its 9AM, have to check apple Events page

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #130 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

I thought 10 AM as well, but macworldexpo says its 9AM, have to check apple Events page

It is most definitely 9am.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #131 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

You have a point about iLife '07 and Leopard. I want those to come with a new MacBook, preferably 14" wide, 1440x900(???).

So I may have to wait until new Mac laptops released and ship with Leopard.

Found/ Stolen/ Borrowed a good cell phone yet? We'll text you updates mate.

You might as well buy Leopard seperately when it comes out sometime in Spring 07... Summer in Australia?
Unless you can wait...

But at least save some money on iLife (Upgrading software almost immediatly is annoying)
I'll give you my number when you sign into AIM. I don't trust Forum PM systems

Sebastian
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
post #132 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

You might as well buy Leopard seperately when it comes out sometime in Spring 07... Summer in Australia?
Unless you can wait...

But at least save some money on iLife (Upgrading software almost immediatly is annoying)
I'll give you my number when you sign into AIM. I don't trust Forum PM systems

Sebastian

Cool. Umm... Do they still teach you kids Geography and stuff?
Spring '07 is Autumn '07 "down under" 8)

Right now it is 7pm and 33degCelcius (I'll let you convert that yourself) in Melbourne, Australia.
Bloody hot today...!! It is Summer right now. Sun only sets at 8:40pm or so...
post #133 of 500
Okay. Weather below. Note 35degF and 0degC may be possible, especially around the 3am-6am time frame. BE PREPARED if you are going to be in the queue freezing your ass off waiting for the wonderful SteveNote

Fahrenheit

Celcius

post #134 of 500
Quote:

Cool. Umm... Do they still teach you kids Geography and stuff?
Spring '07 is Autumn '07 "down under" 8)

Right now it is 7pm and 33degCelcius (I'll let you convert that yourself) in Melbourne, Australia.
Bloody hot today...!! It is Summer right now. Sun only sets at 8:40pm or so...

Heh heh, I knew Summer wasn't right but I was in a rush

Sebastian
post #135 of 500
Ahhh, Fahrenheit. I miss the American system of measurement... NOT! Things are so much easier in the metric system. In school we had to use the metric system (it was logical) but in the realm outside of school it was back to cups, feet, hands and other body parts.

5 days and 7 hours to go.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #136 of 500
I'm fairly disappointed. I just realized I'm going back to school on the 9th. Oh well I got a nice long winter break anyways.

5 days 6 hours 31 minutes 8 seconds
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" ~ Vroomfondel
post #137 of 500
5 Days 2 Hours 38 Minutes 35 Seconds

Sebastian
post #138 of 500
Take a look at the Vista webpage. Do the rays there look suspiciously like the rays in the dark background of the Apple dot com webpage teaser?

http://www.seewindowsvista.com/

or this picture of the box of Windows Vista Ultimate

post #139 of 500
They remind me more of some of the OS X desktops;

post #140 of 500
This Vista box reminds me of the 2nd gen iPod nano ads. Must be a "coincidence" as usual...
post #141 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VL-Tone View Post

This Vista box reminds me of the 2nd gen iPod nano ads. Must be a "coincidence" as usual...

Coincidences have to occur, otherwise life wouldn't be random.
post #142 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Coincidences have to occur, otherwise life wouldn't be random.

Who says life is random?

4 days 22 hours 3 minutes 50 seconds
post #143 of 500

iTV,
Leopard,
iPod Phone,
Woot!
AAPL = $85.18Quantillion

/New Apple keyboard design with iPod dock? ..new Cinema displays with IR & iSight's? ..octo Mac Pro's? ..updated Mac Mini, who cares?

Heart rate 99.9, blood pressure 99.9/1, brain repssure 99.9.
post #144 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maimezvous View Post

Who says life is random?

Steve does and I for one believe him!

sips koolaid
post #145 of 500
Only 115 Hours to Go.
AAPL=$85.66 \t

It's fracking hilarious seeing all the Analysts releasing tons of reports trying to boost the AAPL share price. Hah! They all expected $90+ by now with all the hype. Too bad about SEC and Apple fracking up some financials.

115 Hours. They won't arrest Steve Jobs until after the keynote, right?
post #146 of 500
Quote:

Mind over matter. By now clearly your body has completely shut down due to hype overload and you are operating purely at a thought-energy-RDF-fuelled level. Cool 8)
post #147 of 500
4 days, 18 hours, 54 minutes until the MWSF Keynote. !!!!
~jvb
~jvb
post #148 of 500
4 days 17 hours 13 minutes to the Keynote

4 days 19 hours 13 minutes until the Keynote is scheduled to end

4 days 19 hours 15 miuntes until my credit card is at its limit

post #149 of 500
Now would be a very very good time to cut up all your credit cards, or at least leave it in a very very hidden and inaccessible place.
post #150 of 500
In an Ice cube. That way you cant make impulse buys.... Unless you are my wife. She memorized the number....
-- Mike Eggleston
-- Mac Finatic since 1984.
-- Proud Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
-- Wii #: 8913 3004 4519 2027
-- Mike Eggleston
-- Mac Finatic since 1984.
-- Proud Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
-- Wii #: 8913 3004 4519 2027
post #151 of 500
Quote:

"For me as a not too tech savvy man"[/I] -- I thought you are a woman not a man? Or do you mean, "as a not too tech savvy person"

Hmm, i mull over.
Quote:

Hi, Australia is an interesting place. It has become a little more diverse, a kind of American- media- influence- Colonial- English- history- Immigrant- culture- mix- Aboriginal- minority- history- huge- empty- continent- some- beautiful- nature- but- also- great- party- cities (Sydney+Melbourne)- kind- of- place.

Sounds pretty good.

Quote:

Anyway, batteries. No, the longer you use the battery, the more battery cycles you use up (check http://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/ for a good application).

You use a full charge, then deplete it completely, because that counts as a proper battery cycle. If you charge halfway, then deplete it half, then charge again, that still counts as "burning up" a battery cycle, so that is not good.

So you want to use as little battery cycles as possible, while making sure each battery cycles is used as fully as possible.

So plug in to electricity mains as much as possible, but of course it would be a good idea to use a FULL battery cycle (full deplete and full charge up) every two weeks, AFAIK it is also not good to NOT use the battery for too long.

To get it straight, battery cycle is the key here.
" I will not commit anything to memory that I can get from another source . . . "
ALBERT EINSTEIN
" I will not commit anything to memory that I can get from another source . . . "
ALBERT EINSTEIN
post #152 of 500

iTV,
Leopard,
iPod Phone,
Woot!
AAPL = $85.66Quantillion
(supermarkado closey)

/New Apple keyboard design with iPod dock? ..new Cinema displays with IR & iSight's? ..octo Mac Pro's? ..updated Mac Mini, who cares?

post #153 of 500
4 and a half days till the Keynote

Forget the hours minutes and seconds, it no longer matters

Sebastian
post #154 of 500
It is 3 days, 23 hours, 17 minutes and 57 seconds until Tuesday, January 9, 2007 at 9:00:00 AM (San Francisco time)

Monday will be difficult

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #155 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

Monday will be difficult

i dont like mondays
post #156 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendannoyer View Post

i dont like mondays

Tell we why?

post #157 of 500
Quote:

Tell we why?

I wanna shoo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oot the whole day down!
post #158 of 500
3 DAYS. NOTHNG ELSE MATTERS.
AAPL = $85.05
post #159 of 500
Quote:

[B]NOTHNG ELSE MATTERS.

No Nothing Else Matters
post #160 of 500

iTV,
Leopard,
iPod Phone,
Woot!
AAPL = $85.05..Bazillion
(supermarkado closey)

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › OK. WTF Here be Official MacWorld SF2007 Countdown Thread