or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › OK. WTF Here be Official MacWorld SF2007 Countdown Thread

OK. WTF Here be Official MacWorld SF2007 Countdown Thread - Page 2

post #41 of 500
Seriously. I would buy one without a second thought.
post #42 of 500
11 days to go!

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #43 of 500
11 Days to go!! w00t!
post #44 of 500
11 days to go OMG!!!!!!
post #45 of 500
Heh, heh... I don't mind the big fonts on this thread...

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #46 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Nice, but how much will it set me back?

Ty. 8)
xMac Pricing Notes:

Ideally, I would see the base Mac Mini move to just one model,
2.0ghz Core2Duo(Merom) 1GB RAM, 80GB 2.5" HD, Superdrive
$649

$799 would be the "comes with iTV" "HDTV Media Centre" "Mac iTV"

17" iMac clocks in at $999 and $1199. These are very very attractive price points, I was pricing out some Core2Duo Dells, and the only *real* advantage of the Dells were 19" monitors thrown in, but GPUs were lame, compared to the X1600 in the $1199 iMac.

The basic xMac (integrated graphics off the G97(?)5 Intel Mobo would come in at $899. 7600GT 128mb VRAM GPU xMac would come in at $999.

These are rough estimates I am currently looking at. I think Apple needs to move past the fear of cannibalising the iMacs and open up the enthusiast and mid-enterprise (now that it runs Windows) markets.

Side Note:
AAPL Back Up after Probe "acquits" Stevie J.
AAPL = $84.84
post #47 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Heh, heh... I don't mind the big fonts on this thread...

Heh. Where's Placebo and the "OMFG MACWORLD OMFG" ?? ...His super-big-bright-coloured "OMFG WWDC OMFG" signature got quite a following, then he was "requested" to tone it down... 8)
post #48 of 500

iTV,
Leopard,
iPod Phone,
Woot!
AAPL = $84.84

..new Apple keyboard design with iPod dock? ..new Cinema displays with IR & iSight's? ..quad Mac Pro's?
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #49 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by looksthatkill View Post

xmac and new cinema displays would be my dream MWSF

I just bought the 30"

Skip
post #50 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncee View Post

I just bought the 30"

Skip

The chance of new displays is better than not. In the past people buying Apple's products has never stopped Apple renewing them, and it wont in this case, especially seen as they are the last of Apple's screens without built-in cameras.
post #51 of 500
10 Days
18 Hours
00 Minutes
45 Seconds

UNTIL I LOSE ALL OF MY SANITY AND ONLY HAVE STEVE JOBS TO BLAME
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
post #52 of 500
I say lose the 17' iMac
post #53 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

..new Apple keyboard design with iPod dock?

That is a very very cool idea, I have to say.
post #54 of 500
San Francisco\tSat 1:45 AM 30 Dec 2006
10 days 7 hours and 15 minutes to go.
AAPL $84.84
Looks like Apple can go into 2007 with a lot of this financial uncertainty set aside. Yay!
post #55 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

..new Apple keyboard design with iPod dock?

that would imply USB 2 in the keyboard that would be call for W00T
indeed

10 days oh boy
post #56 of 500
9 Days 20 Hours 9 Minutes 45 Seconds
post #57 of 500
post #58 of 500
9 Days 19 Hours 24 Minutes 10 Seconds

Sebastian
post #59 of 500
Whoa. 9 days. Happy New Year everyone....!! (na na na na na na Australia and NewZealand will be the one of the first countries to celebrate Jan1 2007)..... Holy frack, it's 2007.

WHERE ARE THE FLYING CARS? I just saw a bit of Blade Runner again, and it's "Los Angeles 2019". Heh. They overdid things a bit. Those sort of scenes are more 2119 than 2019.

HOLY FRACK IT's 2007. WHERE ARE THE FLYING CARS? WHERE IS MY INSTA-BURGER*???

*http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=69833
post #60 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

Whoa. 9 days. Happy New Year everyone....!! (na na na na na na Australia and NewZealand will be the one of the first countries to celebrate Jan1 2007)..... Holy frack, it's 2007.

Hey hey, happy new year!! We'll see you on the other side tomorrow.
post #61 of 500
Absolutely. Happy New Year all!
"Run faster. History is a constant race between invention and catastrophe. Education helps but it is never enough. You must also run." Leto Atreides II
"Run faster. History is a constant race between invention and catastrophe. Education helps but it is never enough. You must also run." Leto Atreides II
post #62 of 500
8 Days 9 Hours 11 Minutes and 10 Seconds till Macworld
12 Minutes until I exist in 2007
Happy new Year
post #63 of 500
We can all tell time. Please post something USEFUL.
A friend will help you move, but a REAL FRIEND will help you move a body.
A friend will help you move, but a REAL FRIEND will help you move a body.
post #64 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by looksthatkill View Post

I say lose the 17' iMac

Yeah, 17 feet was a bit of overkill...

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #65 of 500
Quote:

WHERE ARE THE FLYING CARS? I just saw a bit of Blade Runner again, and it's "Los Angeles 2019". Heh. They overdid things a bit. Those sort of scenes are more 2119 than 2019.

HOLY FRACK IT's 2007. WHERE ARE THE FLYING CARS? WHERE IS MY INSTA-BURGER*???

*http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=69833

True story: When I first moved to California, I asked to meet with Syd Mead, the man responsible for the look and tech in Bladerunner. Very nice guy. He talked with me for several hours about career paths.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #66 of 500
7 days, 20 hours, 44 minutes.

@dstranathan, try reading the title of the topic!
-Aayush Arya
Macworld and Apple Matters Author

-Aayush Arya
Macworld and Apple Matters Author

post #67 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstranathan View Post

We can all tell time. Please post something USEFUL.

Heh. 8) Not a fan of the "Countdown" threads, huh?
post #68 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post

7 days, 20 hours, 44 minutes.

Whoa. 7 days.
post #69 of 500
Quote:

True story: When I first moved to California, I asked to meet with Syd Mead, the man responsible for the look and tech in Bladerunner. Very nice guy. He talked with me for several hours about career paths.

Cool. ... It's interesting that the flying cars were pretty "light"... Just a few floating here and there. Not dense like Futurama, Fifth Element, BackToTheFuture, Coruscant. The Tyrell building was frickin' BADASS. Ground level design elements, a sci-fi classic.
post #70 of 500
Don't forget, in the few hours before and during the keynote, use iChat: click on File, Go to Chat... and enter "Appleinsider". A chat room box will open and we can all text chat. Very nice for during mad times like keynote, rather than continuous forum posts, and AppleInsider website in general will get hammered and may be "reduced" to just one main page revealing details of keynote.
post #71 of 500
I wish I had a transcript of last years Chat...

iWork
iPlay
iSleep
iDoze
iRock

The list went on.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #72 of 500
Quote:

Don't forget, in the few hours before and during the keynote, use iChat: click on File, Go to Chat... and enter "Appleinsider". A chat room box will open and we can all text chat. Very nice for during mad times like keynote, rather than continuous forum posts, and AppleInsider website in general will get hammered and may be "reduced" to just one main page revealing details of keynote.

What about several Hours after the Keynote? I have school that day -_-

Sebastian
post #73 of 500
What time is the Keynote again?
~jvb
~jvb
post #74 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvb View Post

Keynote

Sebastian
post #75 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvb View Post

Screenshot taken at 5:42pm on the 1st January 2007 Cupertino time;

post #76 of 500
You're missing one thing, Ireland... we need your pulse rate and body temperature every time you post.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #77 of 500
Apple Home Page http://www.apple.com Changes. Get Ready Peoples. It's gonna be one hellova week. Are you ready to Rummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmble............................. .........?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #78 of 500
Quote:

You're missing one thing, Ireland... we need your pulse rate and body temperature every time you post.

99.9 degrees and 99.9 bpm
post #79 of 500
Quote:

Get Ready Peoples. It's gonna be one hellova week.

Monday the 7th is gonna be a lonnnnnnnng day.
post #80 of 500
That is one cool teaser, I must say. So simple, but at the same time very well made.
~jvb
~jvb
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › OK. WTF Here be Official MacWorld SF2007 Countdown Thread