or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › OK. WTF Here be Official MacWorld SF2007 Countdown Thread

OK. WTF Here be Official MacWorld SF2007 Countdown Thread - Page 3

post #81 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Monday the 7th is gonna be a lonnnnnnnng day.

Bah, You bastards will be sitting cozy at home going insane in iChat and all over the Forums while I'm sitting in school counting down the time until I can get home and stream the video.

Sebastian
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
post #82 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Bah, You bastards will be sitting cozy at home going insane in iChat and all over the Forums while I'm sitting in school counting down the time until I can get home and stream the video.

Sebastian

Get someone to text you live updates!

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #83 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Get someone to text you live updates!

That's a good idea, but unfortunately it wouldn't work. My Phone is such an outdated piece of S*** that it doesn't even have Vibrate and the last thing I want to do is have a throw down with the School Security Guards because my Phone rang in class.

Sebastian
post #84 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

That's a good idea, but unfortunately it wouldn't work. My Phone is such an outdated piece of S*** that it doesn't even have Vibrate and the last thing I want to do is have a throw down with the School Security Guards because my Phone rang in class.

Sebastian

Get an iPod Phone, I heard they're pretty good.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #85 of 500
Quote:

I will when Apple can offer it at a Resonable Price, I was thinking more along the lines of, "Introducing the Apple (insert name of Phone)"
The only price I need is for it to exist

Sebastian
post #86 of 500
Slewis PM me your mobile phone number (I take it it is 415 - xxx -xxx etc) ... I want to see if I can text to T-Mobile in the US from Vodafone Australia. I promise to do it evening SF time so as not to screw with your sleep/school life. ...Of course, only if you feel comfortable that I'm not some sort of psycho and I'm *actually* in Australia not just around your block stalking you or something... 8)
post #87 of 500
10,384 minutes to go.
AAPL = $84.84

Trading opens in a few hours for Jan 2 2007 Nasdaq.
Gooooo AAPL !!!
post #88 of 500
Quote:

We need someone to lend Slewis a decent phone with good Silent Mode so he can get minute-by-minute text updates while he is in class.
post #89 of 500
wow, for once i'm glad i'm in the UK, so MWSF won't have even started until i get home from school :P
post #90 of 500
freaking 7 Days and 28 mins to GO!

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #91 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

...Of course, only if you feel comfortable that I'm not some sort of psycho and I'm *actually* in Australia not just around your block stalking you or something... 8)

There is no evidence to either support or disprove this...

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #92 of 500
Quote:

Heh. I do have that iBook, it's just that it's my parents and I only mess with it once in a while. Hella easy and much less of a headache supporting their IT needs with OS X and the iBook after 10-15 years of helping them with the pain of Win95-Win2000 etc.

One day I shall return to owning my own Mac.

Happy Holidays peeps. 8)

Lordy, man, suni, you made me laugh out very loudly. I really was under the
impression that this particular iBook (you mentioned so many times previously)
got yours lately. But no, it's still your parents toy. Hm, what does that tell
me about your character.
" I will not commit anything to memory that I can get from another source . . . "
ALBERT EINSTEIN
" I will not commit anything to memory that I can get from another source . . . "
ALBERT EINSTEIN
post #93 of 500
507,600,094 milliseconds or so to go.
post #94 of 500
Quote:

10,384 minutes to go.
AAPL = $84.84

Trading opens in a few hours for Jan 2 2007 Nasdaq.
Gooooo AAPL !!!

Trading is closed today for President Ford
post #95 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncee View Post

Trading is closed today for President Ford

Yeah I just read that. \
post #96 of 500
That doesn't make any sense to me. Why does the world stop if an ex-President dies? I heard some schools also have the day off, and of course the United States Postal Service was also inactive.
~jvb
~jvb
post #97 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Barbara View Post

Lordy, man, suni, you made me laugh out very loudly. I really was under the
impression that this particular iBook (you mentioned so many times previously)
got yours lately. But no, it's still your parents toy. Hm, what does that tell
me about your character.

Means I care about them very much that I let them use the iBook 99% of the time.
And that my hand is on the trigger for a 17" iMac C2D Radeon X1600.......... 8)

6 DAYZ......................... ARHGHGHGHGHHH
post #98 of 500
Quote:

507,600,094 milliseconds or so to go.

I'm showing 583,200,000\tmilliseconds
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...&sec=00&p0=224
post #99 of 500
Quote:

Means I care about them very much that I let them use the iBook 99% of the time.

Good boy.
ALBERT EINSTEIN
ALBERT EINSTEIN
post #100 of 500
Quote:

I'm showing 583,200,000\tmilliseconds
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...&sec=00&p0=224

Isn't the keynote at 10am?
post #101 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TednDi View Post

Customized counter
Time until Tuesday, January 9, 2007 at 9:00:00 AM (San Francisco time)
6 days
161 hours
9689 minutes
581340 seconds

Alternative version
It is 6 days, 17 hours, 29 minutes and 0 seconds until Tuesday, January 9, 2007 at 9:00:00 AM (San Francisco time)

Current time is
2007-01-02 15:31:00 PST(local time in San Francisco)

geez, it is insane! added the link in my office peecee ...

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #102 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TednDi View Post

http://www.macworldexpo.com/live/20/...FO07A/keynotes

this link says 9AM

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #103 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

http://www.macworldexpo.com/live/20/...FO07A/keynotes

this link says 9AM

But that's Left Coast time.
2009 Quad 2.66 Mac Pro, 12 GB OWC RAM, ATI 4870, Wi-Fi Card 802.11n, AppleCare, 4 WD Caviar Black 1TB HD's, 2 SuperDrives, 24" Apple LED Display.
2009 Quad 2.66 Mac Pro, 12 GB OWC RAM, ATI 4870, Wi-Fi Card 802.11n, AppleCare, 4 WD Caviar Black 1TB HD's, 2 SuperDrives, 24" Apple LED Display.
post #104 of 500
Here in italy:
6 DAYS : 16 HOURS : 35 MIN : 40 SECONDS to go
bye

Nico
post #105 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy View Post

But that's Left Coast...

Is the Best Coast !!!
post #106 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico View Post

Here in italy:
6 DAYS : 16 HOURS : 35 MIN : 40 SECONDS to go
bye

Nico

The keynote is the same time away, no matter where you live.

Here's the latest;

post #107 of 500
Quote:

The keynote is the same time away, no matter where you live.

Here's the latest;

Pulse? Body temp? Beard growth? Twitch rate?

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #108 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Pulse? Body temp? Beard growth? Twitch rate?

All 99.9 units per minute.
post #109 of 500
'Bout time I joined this thread.

6 days 11 hours 28 min 40 sec
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" ~ Vroomfondel
post #110 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maimezvous View Post

'Bout time I joined this thread.

6 days 11 hours 28 min 40 sec

Go! Go! Go!!!

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #111 of 500
Yes! Yes! Yes!!!
post #112 of 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Barbara View Post

Good boy.

I inspected a 3 month old Core 1 Duo 1.83ghz MacBook 13" with 1.25gb RAM and WINXP2pro original and of course Apple box and packaging. Screen looks good, no dead pixels (my greatest fear), About 20km down from where I am now in Melbourne. Dude selling it on eBay. I may be able to snipe a good price. Minor cosmetic issue, there is a bit of the edge on the bottom left side where there is a "chip" or "nick" in the side.

I am facing the next 3-6 months without playing any games. I have lasted 5 months without my AMD64rig and nVidia 6600GT and games. So GMA950 will do. 64mb RAM taken from that extra 256mb RAM on top of the 1GB.

Hmm... 12 months without games. Plus each PC game here is like $50AUD to $90+AUD. Well, I've lasted 5 months.

If I purchase 2nd hand MacBook this Friday, 5th Jan... use Tiger 10.4.8/9 until say March/April at the earliest for stable Leopard 10.5.2/3.

No superdrive. Frack it. A DL drive is only 7+GB and takes a long time to burn (2.4x speed on most laptops). I'll use the existing 60gb 5400rpm drive as external backup and whack in a sweet sweet 7200rpm Seagate 80gb.

My upgrade path:
Existing: 1.25gb RAM, 60gb 5400rpm drive, Core 1 Duo 1.83ghz
Next: 1.25gb RAM, 80gb 7200rpm drive, Core 1 Duo 1.83ghz (add AUD $200)
Next: 2GB RAM (maxed out), 80gb 7200rom drive, Core 1 Duo 1.83ghz (add AUD $200)

I am unlikely to be involved in highly CPU-intensive tasks such as encoding (which are overnights or just in the background anyway), and who knows when I can return to graphic design, but CS3 Universal should be alright on the Core 1 Duos.

I feel the Core 1 Duo 1800mhz therefore will not be really "saturated use" until within 1 year when I complete the above upgrades, where I am running at 2GB RAM and 7200rpm 80gb Seagate Momentus hard disk, and Leopard. At that stage anyway (at the end of 2006 the Intel GMA 950 will be pretty worthless).

1280x800 13" screen. Wide notebook, smallish, white iBook finish... Hm... iSight built in, kinda ok, won't use it much. Screen has no dead pixels... Vertical viewing angle not so good on the MacBooks. But Horizontal viewing angle is okay and colours and brightness is okay. Glossy screen, well, might get used to it.

Battery: Battery to be used only in emergency. Home or cafe use, plug in power with MagSafe. Keep battery full charge and discharge only once every few weeks.

Ah, I have justified blowing some cash on a MacBook this Friday. Before the MacWorld keynote...!! AM I MAD? But eBay Australia is a bit tricky, hard to find good deals in your own city, particularly Macs.
post #113 of 500
Oh man. Insanity overload. Gotta pull out fast. Too much hype... Breathe slowly... Gotta.. Breathe........... It is 6 days, 7 hours, 12 minutes and 34 seconds until Tuesday, January 9, 2007 at 9:00:00 AM (San Francisco time) WOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo OMFG OMFG OMGH OMGGOM OMGOM GOM OGMDOMOMOMGODGO MOGMDO MGODMO DMMOOOMGOMFDGGMOMOGM
post #114 of 500
Quote:

I inspected a 3 month old Core 1 Duo 1.83ghz MacBook 13"
Battery: Battery to be used only in emergency. Home or cafe use, plug in power with MagSafe. Keep battery full charge and discharge only once every few weeks.

Hi Suni, how is life in Australia? It is one of the countries, which is still
awaiting my very visit.

Btw, in the past i was involved in a lot of, say, soft battles
about the question how to enhance battery life in general.

For me as a not too tech savvy man, it is hardly understandable, that
the more you use the battery, the longer lasts the battery, the more
you can draw out of it. Everybody tells me that, even Apple claims,
that you better use the battery frequently (means: draw until zero, than charge),
in order to get a long lasting battery. Makes sense?

cheers
ALBERT EINSTEIN
ALBERT EINSTEIN
post #115 of 500
Plug in power with a smaller or non-existent brick.

Or a fuel cell: two glasses, filled with the right concoctions...

Or just have it powered by sticking two metal pokers (included) into a potato. THis option would certainly attract some attention.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #116 of 500
Hang in there Suni!

post #117 of 500
Quote:

I inspected a 3 month old Core 1 Duo 1.83ghz MacBook 13" with 1.25gb RAM and WINXP2pro original and of course Apple box and packaging. Screen looks good, no dead pixels (my greatest fear), About 20km down from where I am now in Melbourne. Dude selling it on eBay. I may be able to snipe a good price. Minor cosmetic issue, there is a bit of the edge on the bottom left side where there is a "chip" or "nick" in the side.

I am facing the next 3-6 months without playing any games. I have lasted 5 months without my AMD64rig and nVidia 6600GT and games. So GMA950 will do. 64mb RAM taken from that extra 256mb RAM on top of the 1GB.

Hmm... 12 months without games. Plus each PC game here is like $50AUD to $90+AUD. Well, I've lasted 5 months.

If I purchase 2nd hand MacBook this Friday, 5th Jan... use Tiger 10.4.8/9 until say March/April at the earliest for stable Leopard 10.5.2/3.

No superdrive. Frack it. A DL drive is only 7+GB and takes a long time to burn (2.4x speed on most laptops). I'll use the existing 60gb 5400rpm drive as external backup and whack in a sweet sweet 7200rpm Seagate 80gb.

My upgrade path:
Existing: 1.25gb RAM, 60gb 5400rpm drive, Core 1 Duo 1.83ghz
Next: 1.25gb RAM, 80gb 7200rpm drive, Core 1 Duo 1.83ghz (add AUD $200)
Next: 2GB RAM (maxed out), 80gb 7200rom drive, Core 1 Duo 1.83ghz (add AUD $200)

I am unlikely to be involved in highly CPU-intensive tasks such as encoding (which are overnights or just in the background anyway), and who knows when I can return to graphic design, but CS3 Universal should be alright on the Core 1 Duos.

I feel the Core 1 Duo 1800mhz therefore will not be really "saturated use" until within 1 year when I complete the above upgrades, where I am running at 2GB RAM and 7200rpm 80gb Seagate Momentus hard disk, and Leopard. At that stage anyway (at the end of 2006 the Intel GMA 950 will be pretty worthless).

1280x800 13" screen. Wide notebook, smallish, white iBook finish... Hm... iSight built in, kinda ok, won't use it much. Screen has no dead pixels... Vertical viewing angle not so good on the MacBooks. But Horizontal viewing angle is okay and colours and brightness is okay. Glossy screen, well, might get used to it.

Ah, I have justified blowing some cash on a MacBook this Friday. Before the MacWorld keynote...!! AM I MAD? But eBay Australia is a bit tricky, hard to find good deals in your own city, particularly Macs.

Just buy one after Macworld like you planned. Now that you've waited this long and Macworld SF is just 6 Days 2 Hours 30 Minutes away. Don't get stuck on the too many upgrades path like me, where because I had to buy my Mac in November, I now have to fork over the upgrades for iLife, iWork (my Trial will last until the day of the Keynote, or a couple days after...) and Leopard.

Sebastian
post #118 of 500
It is 5 days, 23 hours, 26 minutes and 12 seconds until Tuesday, January 9, 2007 at 9:00:00 AM (San Francisco time)

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #119 of 500
Quote:

Oh man. Insanity overload. Gotta pull out fast. Too much hype... Breathe slowly... Gotta.. Breathe........... It is 6 days, 7 hours, 12 minutes and 34 seconds until Tuesday, January 9, 2007 at 9:00:00 AM (San Francisco time) WOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo OMFG OMFG OMGH OMGGOM OMGOM GOM OGMDOMOMOMGODGO MOGMDO MGODMO DMMOOOMGOMFDGGMOMOGM

Now that's ye olde insanity that I know and love.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #120 of 500

iTV,
Leopard,
iPod Phone,
Woot!
AAPL = $85.52Quantillion

/New Apple keyboard design with iPod dock? ..new Cinema displays with IR & iSight's? ..octo Mac Pro's? ..updated Mac Mini, who cares?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › OK. WTF Here be Official MacWorld SF2007 Countdown Thread