or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Asian Fetish

Asian Fetish

post #1 of 32
Is it a fetish or just an attraction to the features common to most Asians (dark hair, eyes, build) ? Why is an attraction to blonds not labeled a fetish? ? What do you think? Do you have it?
post #2 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac on a Mac View Post

Is it a fetish or just an attraction to the features common to most Asians (dark hair, eyes, build) ? Why is an attraction to blonds not labeled a fetish? ? What do you think? Do you have it?

The Asian Persuasion! I've had that a couple times...
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #3 of 32
I suppose it becomes a fetish when you're more interested in the part-object (thing) rather than the whole-object (person).

For instance, a fetish is aptly named when a man is attracted to stealing womens' high heels for erotic stimulation.

It probably isn't appropriate to call an attraction to a 'blonde' or an Asian a fetish, unless you're talking solely about collecting women's hair, or going around on buses and snipping womens' hair off for erotic stimulation.

Personally, yes, I find cute women attractive. I prefer dark hair and slender build, but that's probably why I'm a dead-target for Apple Macs' slender 17" laptops. Unlike Macs though, I don't particularly find girls with fruits embossed all over their front panel very attractive...
post #4 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post

I don't particularly find girls with fruits embossed all over their front panel very attractive...

Come on...how could you not like a girl with great melons?!?
post #5 of 32
No melons. Asian fetish u know.
post #6 of 32
I'm losing my appetite!

Next thing you fellow Americans will be touting is added knicker-bocker-glory..
post #7 of 32
lemons
post #8 of 32
Grief.

What on earth have you been squeezing??
post #9 of 32
"Asian" goes with "fetish" whereas "blonde" does not because there is a mythology in the west regarding the mysterious sexual techniques of foreign, and particularly asian, women.

Like many racial stereotypes the idea is fading, but during a time when "white women" were expected to be chase and sexually demur, the idea of a women who not only knew but was willing to deploy "exotic" techniques of the "erotic arts" was seriously compelling.

There was a long period when the whole idea of "animal sexuality" was transferred onto "their" women, which helped prop up the idea of white virtue while at the same time providing a rich fantasy world of dusky seductresses smiling wickedly from behind their scented veils.

Whether we know better or not, a lot of that "forbidden pleasure" stuff still lurks in our consciousness, and forbidden pleasures, especially forbidden pleasures that come with a lot of props and set dressing, are ripe territory for fetish formation.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #10 of 32
"She was my first Asian!"
post #11 of 32
Fetish? Guilty I guess...

This is my current desktop. She's not real. She's a 3D creation.

post #12 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Beautiful. Can we download the desktop image somehow? BTW, I have one very minor nit picky comment. Her eyes are not lined up. Check the light reflection in her right eye compared to her left. It looks too much to the right, making her somewhat "walleyed." Difficult to notice without the light reflections.

post #13 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post

Beautiful. Can we download the desktop image somehow? BTW, I have one very minor nit picky comment. Her eyes are not lined up. Check the light reflection in her right eye compared to her left. It looks too much to the right, making her somewhat "walleyed." Difficult to notice without the light reflections.

I notice that a little. But I'll never tell.

Here ya go!
post #14 of 32
Artman builds his own.
post #15 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

"She was my first Asian!"

lol...I would have said the same thing.

I remember my first Asian... 8)
post #16 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac on a Mac View Post

You're not using the term "fetish" properly. Try "attraction" instead.
post #17 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

I remember my first Asian... 8)

Heh... I'd like to forget mine.

...not that she wasn't cute.
post #18 of 32
For me...

Features.

But I guess there's also a certain amount of xenophilia at work. I'm attracted to those who are different from me. Too much white breeding in my family line, I guess, as almost all of my generation in this lily white family have turned to interracial relationships. I guess it's nature's way of mixing the pot. We're just too white and we don't want that for the next generation I guess, so we're naturally attracted to other races.
post #19 of 32
My wife is half asian half 'merican. She keeps telling me I have the lowest maintenance asian woman in the country. So careful for what you lust for.

I'm not attacked to asain women any more than any other women. I don't think that woman in that desktop above is that good looking.
post #20 of 32
How about... her?

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #21 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydo View Post

I don't think that woman in that desktop above is that good looking.

She does look kinda beaten up...
post #22 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Fetish? Guilty I guess...

She looks about 12, at the oldest. I wouldn't want to advertise a fetish to said girl. . .
Cat: the other white meat
post #23 of 32
post #24 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

The only Asian fetish I'll admit to.

That's great
post #25 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

How about... her?

Hmmm. I am attacted to very "Asian looking" Asian woman, if that makes any sense. I am not attracted to those with a western look. My Chinese friends laught at me and tell me the girls I think are cute are not cute to them.
post #26 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

She does look kinda beaten up...

Oh come on. First of all I didn't create that. I found it on a 3D forum. Secondly, the creator strived for realism.

Lastly, if you look for material or cosmetic perfection, you'll die trying.

Or you settle with Devon Aoki....

edit: forgot how BIG that image is. And maybe NSFW
post #27 of 32
There you go.
post #28 of 32
Nice bod, but the face is kind of odd. Still, I'm sure I'd stare if I saw her in real life. Fashion photos are often very unnatural, perhaps either of the meticulously engineered lighting or the often-retarded posing demands of the photographer.

Is she half, or less than half?
post #29 of 32
She's enough of anything for me.
post #30 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Nice bod, but the face is kind of odd. Still, I'm sure I'd stare if I saw her in real life. Fashion photos are often very unnatural, perhaps either of the meticulously engineered lighting or the often-retarded posing demands of the photographer.

Is she half, or less than half?

Japanese/German-English.

She was Miho in Sin City. She does have unique features.

Some other honorable mentions...

Hiroko Sakurai. My first Asian...

Michelle Yeoh

Lucy Liu

Zhang Ziyi

Major Motoko Kusanagi

Whoops. Oh well...
post #31 of 32
Where's Salmonstk?

post #32 of 32
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school." -- Albert Einstein
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school." -- Albert Einstein
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Asian Fetish