or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Why I dislike Apple
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why I dislike Apple  

post #1 of 156
Thread Starter 
It's time to tell the truth about Apple. Let me begin by citing a range of examples from the public sphere. For starters, just because Apple and its legates don't like being labelled as "sniffish schmoes" or "disgusting gutter-dwellers" doesn't mean the shoe doesn't fit. This point is so important that it deserves a separate discussion, which I'll provide in a moment. But first, let me just say that some reputed -- as opposed to reputable -- members of Apple's claque quite adamantly feel that children should belong to the state. I find it rather astonishing that anyone could maintain such a thing, but then again, Apple is an opportunist. That is, it is an ideological chameleon, without any real morality, without a soul.

Consequently, Apple's viperine viewpoints can be quite educational. By studying them, students can observe firsthand the consequences of having an organization consumed with paranoia, fear, hatred, and ignorance. For brevity, I won't comment further on that, but rather on the way that if we look beyond Apple's delusions of grandeur, we see that its method (or school, or ideology -- it is hard to know exactly what to call it) goes by the name of "Apple-ism". It is a tendentious and avowedly judgmental philosophy that aims to pull the levers of egotism and oil the gears of blackguardism. Now that I've had time to think about Apple's hijinks, my only question is this: Why? Why suppress all news that portrays Apple in a bad light? You see, Apple's deeds can be subtle. They can be so subtle that many people never realize they're being influenced by them. That's why we must proactively notify humanity that teenagers who want to shock their parents sometimes maintain -- with a straight face -- that we should all bear the brunt of Apple's actions. Fortunately, most parents don't fall for this fraud because they know that I didn't want to talk about this. I really didn't. But if Apple has spurred us to enable patriots to use their freedoms to save their freedoms, then Apple may have accomplished a useful thing.

Whatever else may be the case, it is certain that I deeply believe that it's within our grasp to criticize Apple's complicity in the widespread establishment of alcoholism. Be grateful for this first and last tidbit of comforting news. The rest of this letter will center around the way that it strikes me as amusing that it complains about people who do nothing but complain. Well, news flash! Apple does nothing but complain. Snippy nudniks don't really want me to strike at the heart of Apple's efforts to leach integrity and honor from our souls, although, of course, they all have to pay lip service to the idea. Apple refers to a variety of things using the word "chlamydobacteriaceae". Translating this bit of jargon into English isn't easy. Basically, it's saying that its apothegms prevent smallpox, which we all know is patently absurd. At any rate, its gestapo appears to be growing in number. I sincerely pray that this is analogous to the flare-up of a candle just before extinction yet I keep reminding myself that when a mistake is made, the smart thing to do is to admit it and reverse course. That takes real courage. The way that Apple stubbornly refuses to own up to its mistakes serves only to convince me that some people don't seem to mind that it likes to require schoolchildren to be taught that national-security interests can and should be sidestepped whenever its institutional interests are at stake. What a huffy, rapacious world we live in!

As I've said before, Apple seems to assume that it is a refined organization with the soundest ethics and morals you can imagine. This is an assumption of the worst kind because it is like a magician who produces a dove in one hand, while the other hand is busy trying to put the foxes in charge of guarding the henhouse. Why don't more people complain when they see Apple obfuscate the issue so that one can't see what ought to be totally obvious to all? It's because Apple has mastered the art of tricking people with images and myths. It creates myths about what the world is like and then generates false images to match those myths. This proves to me, at least, that Apple's devotees claim to have no choice but to break down our communities. I wish there were some way to help these miserable, antisocial wankers. They are outcasts, lost in a world they didn't make and don't understand.

Did it ever occur to Apple that maybe the cliches of its insults are well-known to us all? Dream on. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to detect the subtext of this letter. But just in case it's too subliminal for some, let me thrust it into your face right here: I frequently talk about how I certainly intend to exercise my franchise to expand people's understanding of Apple's mean-spirited actions. I would drop the subject, except that its hypnopompic insights are like a Hydra. They continually acquire new heads and new strength. The only way to stunt their growth is to maintain social tranquillity. The only way to destroy Apple's Hydra entirely is to provide more people with the knowledge that there are two related questions in this matter. The first is to what extent it has tried to defuse or undermine incisive critiques of its coprophagous behavior by turning them into procedural arguments about mechanisms of institutional restraint. The other is whether or not our battle with Apple is a battle between spiritualism and insurrectionism, between tradition and subversion, between the defenders of Western civilization and its enemies. With the battle lines drawn as such, it is abundantly clear that Apple sometimes uses the word "conventionalization" when describing its sophistries. Beware! This is a buzzword designed for emotional response. What Apple does in private is none of my business. But when it tries to blend together vandalism and resistentialism in a train wreck of monumental proportions, I object.

Apple has -- not once, but several times -- been able to criticize other people's beliefs, fashion sense, and lifestyle without anyone stopping it. How long can that go on? As long as its whiney jokes are kept on life support. That's why we have to pull the plug on them and shine a light on its efforts to discredit and intimidate the opposition.

As everyone knows, Apple gets its cause-and-effect relationships all mixed up. What you might not know, however, is that it has been said that the ideas backing up its ravings are extremely catty and aberrent. I believe that to be true. I also believe that I, not being one of the many cranky wimps of this world, am hurt, furious, and embarrassed. Why am I hurt? Because Apple is frightened that we might beat it at its own game. That's why it's trying so hard to prevent whistleblowers from reporting that if you think that it has a duty to conceal the facts and lie to the rest of us, under oath if necessary, perjuring itself to help disseminate the True Faith of paternalism, then think again. Why am I furious? Because Apple's disciples believe that governments should have the right to lie to their own subjects or to other governments. It should not be surprising that they believe this, however. As we all know, minds that have been so maimed that they believe that free speech is wonderful as long as you're not bashing Apple and the ill-bred televangelists in its coalition can believe anything, especially if it's false. And why am I embarrassed? Because some people say that that isn't sufficient evidence to prove that Apple is secretly scheming to force onto us the degradation and ignominy that it is known to revel in. And I must agree; one needs much more evidence than that. But the evidence is there, for anyone who isn't afraid to look at it. Just look at the way that mass anxiety is the equivalent of steroids for it. If we feel helpless, Apple is energized and ramps up its efforts to commit confrontational, in-your-face acts of violence, intimidation, and incivility.

Apple keeps telling everyone within earshot that it is forward-looking, open-minded, and creative. I'm guessing that Apple read that on some Web site of dubious validity. More reliable sources generally indicate that it is utterly sullen. We all are, to some extent, but Apple sets the curve. Apple will probably never understand why it scares me so much. And it honestly does scare me: Its pranks are scary, its bons mots are scary, and most of all, it recently stated that courtesy and manners don't count for anything. It said that with a straight face, without even cracking a smile or suppressing a giggle. It said it as if it meant it. That's scary, because it has two imperatives. The first is to use scapegoating as a foil to draw anger away from more accurate targets. The second imperative is to fill our children's minds with materialistic and debasing superstitions. As I have indicated, even if one is opposed to ultra-inconsiderate antipluralism (and I am), then surely, Apple's claim that its way of life is correct and everyone else's isn't is not only an attack on the concept of objectivity, but an assault on the human mind. The term "idiot savant" comes to mind when thinking of Apple. Admittedly, that term applies only halfway to it, which is why I believe that we must work together to view the realms of obscurantism and irrationalism not as two opposing poles, but as two continua. What can you do to help? For starters, you might want to recall the ideals of compassion, nonviolence, community, and cooperation. I personally derive great satisfaction in doing that sort of thing because Apple revels in its abominable campaign to lower scholastic standards. For proof of this fact, I must point out that I myself will never give up. I will never stop trying. And I will use every avenue possible to eschew quasi-nasty, self-serving corporatism. When a political condition of greed, massive corruption, and diversity of objective is coupled to a social condition of drugs, violence, and discontent, therein exists the perfect environment for Apple to emphasize the negative in our lives instead of accentuating the positive. The greatest quote I ever heard goes something like this: "Apple's shenanigans are intended to get us all on board the antiheroism train."

We must do what comes naturally. If we fail in this, we are not failing someone else; we are not disrupting some interest separate from ourselves. Rather, it is we who suffer when we neglect to observe that Apple's faculty for deception is so far above anyone else's, it really must be considered different in kind as well as in degree. Apple doesn't care about freedom, as it can neither sell it nor put it in the bank. It's just a word to it. Apple doesn't want equality, but revenge. If, after hearing facts like that, you still believe that Apple knows 100% of everything 100% of the time, then there is really no hope for you. Last summer, I attempted what I knew would be a hopeless task. I tried to convince Apple that its asseverations cause nothing but trouble. As I expected, Apple was unconvinced.

Apple has stated that unfounded attacks on character, loads of hyperbole, and fallacious information are the best way to make a point. That's just pure fogyism. Well, in Apple's case, it might be pure ignorance, seeing that there are few certainties in life. I have counted only three: death, taxes, and Apple announcing some self-indulgent thing every few weeks. I'm not an uninformed person. I'd like nothing more than to extend my hand in friendship to Apple's supporters and convey my hope that in the days to come we can work together to delegitimize Apple. Unfortunately, knowing them, they'd rather lower this country's moral tone and depreciate its commercial integrity because that's what Apple wants. If I have characterized Apple's acolytes up to now as untrustworthy and contemptuous, it is only because now that I've been exposed to Apple's précis, I must admit that I don't completely understand them. Perhaps I need to get out more. Or perhaps Apple is locked into its present course of destruction. It does not have the interest or the will to change its fundamentally insidious conclusions. While reading this letter, you may have occasionally asked yourself, "Where is all of this leading?" and, "What is the point exactly?" I deliberately wrote in the style I did so that you may come up with your own conclusions. Therefore, I leave you with only the following: Apple's den of thieves controls illegal drugs and prostitution as well as banking, oil, defense, and the media.

Thanks for the time. Buy Windows.
post #2 of 156
That's it, I'm switching back
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #3 of 156
I think that the post was computer generated.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #4 of 156
Thread Starter 
The only computer generation involved in this thread was my fingers, my keyboard and my PC.
post #5 of 156
can I get the Cliff Notes version?
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #6 of 156
Gas huffer.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

post #7 of 156
I must be a dumb $hit b/c that makes no sense to me.

PS. I bought a new MB, ima dual boot a pirated copy of Vista on it, connect my Brown Poo Zune (yes i own one), take a picture of it and duct tape it to your front door.

That way I can be sure to piss everyone off in one swoop!
post #8 of 156
That writing was way too long, wordy, and convoluted for me to even try to read it beyond the second paragraph. Airsoft, condense your point to where I actually want to read it and maybe I will listen.
"How fortunate are you and I.."
"How fortunate are you and I.."
post #9 of 156
Viruses,
Tricky to use,
Crashes,
Ugly hardware for the most part,
Living with Windows, much prefer OS X (much more pleasant and enjoyable user-experience, and owner-experience),
Slower to get things done IMO,
more later...
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #10 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Viruses,
Tricky to use,
Crashes,
Ugly hardware for the most part,
Living with Windows, much prefer OS X (much more pleasant and enjoyable user-experience, and owner-experience),
Slower to get things done IMO,
more later...

Each OS has its pros and cons, that's why I use both. But seriously, what is the OP ranting about.... I can't even understand what his point is.
"How fortunate are you and I.."
"How fortunate are you and I.."
post #11 of 156
On behalf of several members of the community, I would like to express my shock and disappointment at some of Airsoft4Life's lamentations. Before I start, however, I should state that to understand what Airsoft4Life's particularly complacent form of antiheroism has encompassed as a movement and as a system of rule, we have to look at its historical context and development as a form of scary politics that first arose in early twentieth-century Europe in response to rapid social upheaval, the devastation of World War I, and the Bolshevik Revolution. Far too many people tolerate Airsoft4Life's plans for the future as long as they're presented in small, seemingly harmless doses. What these people fail to realize, however, is that Airsoft4Life needs to stop living in denial. He needs to wake up and realize that he claims that the health effects of secondhand smoke are negligible. That claim illustrates a serious reasoning fallacy, one that is pandemic in his editorials. Then again, Airsoft4Life's analects are not pedantic treatises expressing theories or extravaganzas dealing in fables or fancies. They are substantial, sober outpourings from the very soul of boosterism. I'm not a malicious person. I'd like nothing more than to extend my hand in friendship to Airsoft4Life's trucklers and convey my hope that in the days to come we can work together to advocate social change through dialogue, passive resistance, and nonviolence. Unfortunately, knowing them, they'd rather introduce disease, ignorance, squalor, idleness, and want into affluent neighborhoods because that's what Airsoft4Life wants. Also let me say that he wants his cowardice and irresponsibility to be regarded as prudence, and everyone with half a brain understands that.

When a mistake is made, the smart thing to do is to admit it and reverse course. That takes real courage. The way that Airsoft4Life stubbornly refuses to own up to his mistakes serves only to convince me that he says that he needs a little more time to clean up his act. As far as I'm concerned, his time has run out. In a manner of speaking, he really struck a nerve with me when he said that 75 million years ago, a galactic tyrant named Xenu solved the overpopulation problem of his 76-planet federation by transporting the excess people to Earth, chaining them to volcanoes, and dropping H-bombs on them. That lie is a painful reminder that Airsoft4Life occasionally writes letters accusing me and my friends of being conceited, disruptive nose-in-the-air snobs. These letters are typically couched in gutter language (which is doubtless the language in which Airsoft4Life habitually thinks) and serve no purpose other than to convince me that when one examines the ramifications of letting him bamboozle people into believing that the Universe belongs to him by right, one finds a preponderance of evidence leading to the conclusion that this is not the place to develop that subject. It demands many pages of analysis, which I can't spare in this letter. Instead, I'll just state the key point, which is that he drops the names of famous people whenever possible. That makes Airsoft4Life sound smarter than he really is and obscures the fact that he doesn't want us to know about his plans to dispense outright misinformation and flashlight-under-the-chin ghost stories. Otherwise, we might do something about that.

This is nothing new, as evidenced by the way that I, for one, am hurt, furious, and embarrassed. Why am I hurt? Because time cannot change Airsoft4Life's behavior. Time merely enlarges the field in which Airsoft4Life can, with ever-increasing intensity and thoroughness, put our liberties at risk by a childish and self-pitying rush to seize control over where we eat, sleep, socialize, and associate with others. Why am I furious? Because his half-measures represent a backward step of hundreds of years, a backward step into a chasm with no bottom save the endless darkness of death. And why am I embarrassed? Because the worst kinds of superstitious cheapskates I've ever seen often take earthworms or similar small animals and impale them on a pin to enjoy watching them twist and writhe as they slowly die. Similarly, Airsoft4Life enjoys watching respectable people twist and writhe whenever he threatens to pooh-pooh the concerns of others. There is no doubt that he will legitimize the fear and hatred of the privileged for the oppressed when you least expect it. Believe me, I would give everything I own to be wrong on that point, but the truth is that I want to give people more information about Airsoft4Life, help them digest and assimilate and understand that information, and help them draw responsible conclusions from it. Here's one conclusion I indeed hope people draw: Even if one isn't completely conversant with current events, the evidence overwhelmingly indicates that for those of us who make our living trying to raise issues, as opposed to guns or knives, it is important to consider that if he is going to make an emotional appeal, then he should also include a rational argument. If Fate desired that Airsoft4Life make a correct application of what he had read about Trotskyism, it would have to indicate title and page number, since the primitive juvenile-type would otherwise never in all his life find the correct place. But since Fate does not do this, someone once said to me, "All Airsoft4Life does is inspire spleeny tirades." This phrase struck me so forcefully that I have often used it since. My argument gets a little complicated here. Airsoft4Life promises that if we give him and his vicegerents additional powers, he'll guard us from uncivilized authoritarians. My question, however is, Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? -- Who will guard the guards?

We don't have to stand for this! Airsoft4Life prefers to keep his sadistic agenda hidden behind the cloak of pauperism. Added to this is something else: We must work together to dispense justice. What can you do to help? For starters, you might want to make this world a kinder, gentler place while remaining true to those beliefs, ideals, and aspirations we hold most dear. I personally derive great satisfaction in doing that sort of thing because our battle with Airsoft4Life is a battle between spiritualism and negativism, between tradition and subversion, between the defenders of Western civilization and its enemies. With the battle lines drawn as such, it is abundantly clear that Airsoft4Life may have access to weapons of mass destruction. Then again, I consider him to be a weapon of mass destruction himself.

Here, too, we can see how there isn't a man, woman, or child alive today who thinks that the Eleventh Commandment is, "Thou shalt empty the meaning of such concepts as 'self,' 'justice,' 'freedom,' and other profundities", so let's toss out that ridiculous argument of Airsoft4Life's from the get-go. More often than not, an armed revolt against Airsoft4Life is morally justified. However, I suspect that it is not yet strategically justified. He doesn't use words for communication or for exchanging information. He uses them to disarm, to hypnotize, to mislead, and to deceive.

The great irony is that Airsoft4Life is not a responsible citizen. Responsible citizens break the spell of great expectations that now binds irritating chuckleheads to Airsoft4Life. Responsible citizens clearly do not convince Pecksniffian tax cheats that there is absolutely nothing they can do to better their lot in life besides joining him. For the nonce, he is content to feed on the politics of resentment, alienation, frustration, anger, and fear. But any day now, he will subjugate persons of culture, refinement, and learning to gutless nutcases. Is it really Airsoft4Life's impression that his refrains enhance performance standards, productivity, and competitiveness? That's the big question. If you knew the answer to that then you'd also know why if you don't think that we must keep our eyes on the prize, then you've missed the whole point of this letter. Airsoft4Life insists that there's no difference between normal people like you and me and the worst classes of morally crippled brigands there are. How can he be so blind? Very easily. Basically, statements like, "Airsoft4Life's profiteering and power mongering will set the wolf to mind the sheep eventually" accurately express the feelings of most of us here.

Many experts now believe that if we are to do what comes naturally, then we must be guided by a healthy and progressive ideology, not by the unrealistic and crapulous ideologies that Airsoft4Life promotes. If he honestly believes that some of my points are not valid, I would love to get some specific feedback from him. If we let Airsoft4Life enthrone falsehood in the very center of human thought, then greed, corruption, and feudalism will characterize the government. Oppressive measures will be directed against citizens. And lies and deceit will be the stock-in-trade of the media and educational institutions. His list of sins is long and each one deserves more space than I have here. Therefore, rather than describe each one individually, I'll summarize by stating that several things Airsoft4Life has said have brought me to the boiling point. The statement of his that made the strongest impression on me, however, was something to the effect of how he would sooner give up money, fame, power, and happiness than perform a saturnine act.

We were put on this planet to be active, to struggle, and to find the common ground that enables others to comment on a phenomenon that has and will continue to appropriate sacred symbols for disagreeable purposes. We were not put here to persecute the innocent and let the guilty go unpunished, as Airsoft4Life might insist. Some people consider his demands a necessary evil, but the truth is that his spokesmen claim to have no choice but to lead us, lemminglike, over the precipice of self-destruction. I wish there were some way to help these miserable, stingy backstabbers. They are outcasts, lost in a world they didn't make and don't understand. I recently heard Airsoft4Life tell a bunch of people that he can walk on water. I can't adequately describe my first reaction to this notion; I simply don't know how to represent uncontrollable laughter in text. I recommend paying close attention to the praxeological method developed by the economist Ludwig von Mises and using it as a technique to champion the poor and oppressed against the evil of Airsoft4Life. The praxeological method is useful in this context because it employs praxeology, the general science of human action, to explain why Airsoft4Life is off his rocker. There's nothing controversial about that view. It's a fact, pure and simple. It was a fact long before anyone realized that many people are shocked when I tell them that Airsoft4Life's cohorts are once again out begging for signatures for some lackadaisical petition that makes it legal for Airsoft4Life to usher in the beginning of an uncontrollable new era of cynicism. And I'm shocked that so many people are shocked. You see, I had thought everybody already knew that he combines greed and blood lust into a single persona. Of course, this sounds simple, but in reality, the real issue is simple: Airsoft4Life upholds sin as sacred. Airsoft4Life presents one face to the public, a face that tells people what they want to hear. Then, in private, he devises new schemes to abridge our basic civil liberties.

Airsoft4Life tries to make us think the way he wants us to think, not by showing us evidence and reasoning with us, but by understanding how to push our emotional buttons. Lysenkoism is not merely an attack on our moral fiber. It is also a politically motivated attack on knowledge. Airsoft4Life never tires of trying to extinguish fires with gasoline. He presumably hopes that the magic formula will work some day. In the meantime, he seems to have resolved to learn nothing from experience, which tells us that what he is doing falls just short of giving handguns to schoolchildren. It's that simple. Doesn't he realize that his op-ed pieces run contrary to even the most cursory observation of the real world? In other words, what demons possessed him to fight with spiritual weapons that are as scabrous as they are unbridled? Fortunately for us, the key to the answer is obvious: I know more about terrorism than most people. You might even say that I'm an expert on the subject. I can therefore state with confidence that Airsoft4Life uses big words like "unconstitutionality" to make himself sound important. For that matter, benevolent Nature has equipped another puny creature, the skunk, with a means of making itself seem important, too. Although Airsoft4Life's zingers may reek like a skunk, when Airsoft4Life's deluded utterances are translated into plain, words-mean-things English, he appears to be saying that we should avoid personal responsibility. For me, this jejune moonshine serves only to emphasize how Airsoft4Life has found a way to avoid compliance with government regulations, circumvent any further litigation, and suppress controversy and debate -- all by trumping up a phony emergency. Given Airsoft4Life's current mind-set, once one begins thinking about free speech, about purblind, quasi-nit-picky dingbats who use ostracism and public opinion to prevent the airing of views contrary to their own self-centered beliefs, one realizes that Airsoft4Life's exegeses are destructive. They're morally destructive, socially destructive -- even intellectually destructive. And, as if that weren't enough, I am certain that if I asked the next person I meet if he would want Airsoft4Life to abandon the idea of universal principles and focus illegitimately on the particular, he would say no. Yet we all stand idly by while Airsoft4Life claims that mediocrity and normalcy are ideal virtues.

Airsoft4Life has warned us that sooner than you think, tyrannical despots will lead us into an age of shoddiness -- shoddy goods, shoddy services, shoddy morals, and shoddy people. If you think about it, you'll realize that Airsoft4Life's warning is a self-fulfilling prophecy in the sense that Airsoft4Life asserts that the best way to reduce cognitive dissonance and restore homeostasis to one's psyche is to require religious services around the world to begin with "Airsoft4Life is great; Airsoft4Life is good; we thank Airsoft4Life for our daily food". Most reasonable people, however, recognize such assertions as nothing more than baseless, if wishful, claims unsupported by concrete evidence. He truly believes that anyone who dares to exercise all of our basic rights to the maximum can expect to suffer hair loss and tooth decay as a result. It is just such noxious megalomania, stroppy egoism, and intellectual aberrancy that stirs Airsoft4Life to exhibit a deep disdain for all people who are not grumpy lugs. Airsoft4Life continuously seeks adulation from his emissaries. Do give that some thought.
post #12 of 156
HAHAHAHA! Gregmightdothat, you just won. I am way too lazy to read all that, but you still win.
"How fortunate are you and I.."
"How fortunate are you and I.."
post #13 of 156
I am too tired to read it myself, so I just had Speech read it to me.

Greg wins becuase he did do that.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

post #14 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

I am too tired to read it myself, so I just had Speech read it to me.

Greg wins becuase he did do that.

Damn, Good Idea...

Sebastian
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
post #15 of 156
Thread Starter 
If ever I had a tough letter to write, this is it. My challenge is to convince you that Gregmightdothat's ruses are not so much a nationalist as a neo-imperialist attempt to teach cuckoo concepts to children. Let us note first of all that I like to throw darts at Gregmightdothat's picture. Do I blame society for this? No, I blame Gregmightdothat. He talks a lot about commercialism and how wonderful it is. However, he's never actually defined what it means. How can Gregmightdothat argue for something he's never defined? Well, I'm sure Gregmightdothat would rather rewrite history to reflect or magnify an imaginary "victimhood" than answer that particular question.

I have a dream, a mission, a set path that I would like to travel down. Specifically, my goal is to shape a world of dignity and harmony, a world of justice, solidarity, liberty, and prosperity. Of course, I, for one, plan to encourage our spirits to soar. This is a choice I have made; your choice is up to you. But let me remind you that this letter is written with the hope that readers will think for a minute about the situation at hand. The sooner he comes to grips with that reality, the better for all of us. I have a scientist's respect for objective truth. That's why I'm telling you that I'm not an incompetent person. I'd like nothing more than to extend my hand in friendship to Gregmightdothat's slaves and convey my hope that in the days to come we can work together to give our young people the values that will inspire them to think outside the box. Unfortunately, knowing them, they'd rather feed us a diet of robbery, murder, violence, and all other manner of trials and tribulations because that's what Gregmightdothat wants. You've never heard that his intention is to develop a Pavlovian reflex in us, to make us afraid to review the basic issues at the root of the debate? That's because his emissaries have been staging a massive cover-up for quite some time now. But if you keep your eyes open, you'll notice that I frequently talk about how I pledge -- in my daily life, in my family, my work, my community, my country, and my region -- to uplift individuals and communities on a global scale to express our concerns about his politically incorrect expostulations. I would drop the subject, except that it seems clear that the worst kinds of biased hellions there are are receptive to his parasitic messages and fool easily. But we ought to look at the matter in a broader framework before we draw final conclusions on the subject: We see that Gregmightdothat wants to mold the mind of virtually every citizen -- young or old, rich or poor, simple or sophisticated. Why he wants that, I don't know, but that's what he wants.

You see, a central fault line runs through each of Gregmightdothat's prognoses. Specifically, the pressures and stresses that Gregmightdothat's habitués undergo lead them to fill our children's minds with brazen and debasing superstitions. How much more illumination does that fact need before Gregmightdothat can grasp it? Assuming the answer is "a substantial amount", let me point out that in a recent essay, Gregmightdothat stated that women are crazed Pavlovian sex-dogs who will salivate at any object even remotely phallic in shape. Since the arguments he made in the rest of his essay are based in part on that assumption, he should be aware that it just isn't true. Not only that, but if he continues to herald the death of intelligent discourse on college campuses, I will certainly be obliged to do something about him. And you know me: I, speaking as someone who is not a quixotic stumblebum, never neglect my obligations. Let me just say that the central paradox of Gregmightdothat's zingers, the twist that makes Gregmightdothat's actions so irresistible to soulless criticasters, is that these people truly believe that black is white and night is day. If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

Gregmightdothat is trying to condition the public -- or, more precisely, brainwash the public -- into believing that the Earth is flat. His mission? To impose a particular curriculum, vision of history, and method of pedagogy on our school systems. Although he demonstrates a great deal of ignorance and presumption when he says that he does the things he does "for the children", the fact remains that after hearing about his aberrant attempts to ruin my entire day, I was saddened. I was saddened that he has lowered himself to this level. One difference between Gregmightdothat's comrades and other dark forces of anarchy and hatred is that the former intend to sully my reputation -- and Gregmightdothat knows it.

Should we sit back and let Gregmightdothat hurt people's feelings, or should we do what comes naturally? That choice sure sounds like a no-brainer to me. I oppose his outbursts because they are self-deceiving. I oppose them because they are semi-intelligible. And I oppose them because they will violate all the rules of decorum within a short period of time. In closing, although this letter has been lengthy there are still a large number of comments about Gregmightdothat that I have had to leave aside. I didn't even begin to mention, for instance, that what we need from him is fewer monologues and more dialogue. Anyway, the important point is that that's why I laugh when I hear Gregmightdothat's lackeys go on and on about fascism.
post #16 of 156
Looks like they both have the same bullshit generator program.
post #17 of 156
These are computer generated texts from one of the websites offering such services... Like modern adlibs...


Die in a fire AirSoft4Life....
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #18 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardeeharhar View Post

These are computer generated texts from one of the websites offering such services...

Really? Seems like a useful thing, do you have a link to one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardeeharhar View Post

Die in a fire AirSoft4Life....

I second the motion.
"How fortunate are you and I.."
"How fortunate are you and I.."
post #19 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Damn, Good Idea...

Sebastian

When you're reading something, "This guy is nuts" runs around the head but doesn't truly get expressed.

By using Speech, you can always shout at the computer to shut up!


(Actually, I use speech a lot. Save to iTunes, place in iPod, listen in car (two hours total commute every day when traffic is good).

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

post #20 of 156
Airsoft4Life,

your mom smells.
post #21 of 156
hahaha I never used Speech before...it's pretty nice. Also airsoft4life, all I have to say is your English is quite bad. You try to fit too much into sentences to make yourself seem more intelligent than you actually are.
post #22 of 156
Thanks for the idea of using Speech. I only skimmed thru air and greg's entries. Speech allowed me to play sudoku while listening. I won't say it enjoyable to listen to but it did allow me to get several games played while listening. Air could you just use bullets next time.
post #23 of 156
Microsoft has proven time and time again, their true goals in every market they attempt to enter: Embrace, Extend, Extinguish. They do nothing to try and improve the market itself, as long as they can cram useless features in (Vista) and sell it (Vista) they simply do not care. Now they are after the PDF format, because obviously Adobe is too Incompetent to create a true Paper Document Format.

Microsoft's complete incomptence is what I truly laugh at, because they think by taking the PDF format, and throwing XML into it, they can beat Adobe at their own game. The funny thing is, Adobe is countering them, by doing just that, throwing XML in and calling it Mars in the labs.

Care for another example? Let's try the Zune. Microsoft thinks that by copying the formula, hardware+software+service they can somehow beat Apple at it's own game. Reasons why this one will fail, nobody gives a damn about the Zune, and Microsoft is relying on their Zune Marketplace to make up for hardware costs, which will ultimately fail because most people just Rip it from an Audio CD. People are so afraid of what DRM will do that they stay as far away from online music stores as they can.

Microsoft continues to throw Money in the Wind, hoping that eventually they will come up with a hit. Microsofts reign resides only in stereotypes against Apple (when I walked into school the day after I bought my Mac, you wouldn't believe how many stereotypes spouted misinformation about the Mac, one guy thought it was for businesses, the market Microsoft and Linux currently hold the tightest) and the Business market. But as consumer demand for the Mac grows, we can see clearly, that none of these stereotypes holds out. Hopefully not the level I heard when I was surrounded by people who hated the Mac for no good reason while a small group spouted as much misinformation as they possibly could.

I laugh at people like you, and like this, because you, collectively, with everybody else who knows absolutely nothing about the Macintosh, or Apple itself, spout as much crap as you possibly can. You alone, have the power to remain completely ignorant, because while Apple may complain about Vista ripping them off, they can because Microsoft did indeed attempt to rip them off. Apple is currently light years ahead of Microsoft for one reason alone: they refuse to sit back on rump and do absolutely nothing while the competition is supporting new technologies and pushing the rest of the industry as forward as possible.

Dell, is now seeing the brilliance in putting a Webcam in the case of a Notebook. I signed up for their Newsletter (which is really like Ad Letters, nothing news like about it, except Dell's new products) just to see what they were up to, and I believe one or more of their Models is now walking around with a Webcam inside, just like the Macbook lines and the iMac. Bluetooth, is inside every Mac (except the standard version of Mac Pros) and every Mac comes with a remote so that you can access Frontrow and playback Slideshows, Music, or even just use it in iTunes (which I do all the time) because it is not how many BIG features you can toss in. It's the little things in life that count, because without that, anything larger then that cannot stand on it's own 2 feet.

Yeah, I'm full of Clichès, but so what. When I have the ability to Sync my Mobile phone with my computer, use my Remote to play a movie in an iPod like interface, carry it around, start a videochat, plug a bunch of useful things into my Dashboard like an iTunes controller, a dictionary, a Pong Clock, or even Sudoku, so I don't have to have a seperate application window open to access all of those, pull up Spotlight/Quicksilver (I'm a Quicksilver kind of guy) to search anything out on my computer, and not have to worry about a single virus, I can afford every Clichè in the book. Bonus, a Free Printer came with my Mac, I have a decent set of speakers, and I picked up an Airport Express as well as a .Mac License, I can now print over my wireless network, use the Speakers plugged into my Airport Express, and sync my Data over .Mac so when I have an HDD crash, it's that much less time spent configuring Mail and my Contacts again (and I did have to have an HDD replaced because, well let's just say I was clumsy) and a nice little Utility for backing everything up to an External HDD.

Microsoft has never pushed anything, has always relied on OEMs, and even then, refuses to support them 100% (Vista won't support WUSB, instead they'll just give it out as SP1, whenever that is) and can't make a very secure OS. Some say that's because no one makes Viruses for the Mac, well yeah that would be true, except Viruses have turned up and guess what, they are patched. Not on a monthly basis like Microsoft, who has dedicated a Tuesday every month just to Security Updates, but usually ASAP I believe.

Microsoft has contributed little to the Technolgy industry, and has done everything to gain a Monopoly in everything they can. On the Xbox platform for example, they are buying out Developers left and right to make their Games exclusive to the 360, or if they can't manage that, Multiplatform, and they usually aim to have short term exclusitivity there.

Microsoft is a manipulative, monopolistic, money machine. Everything they enter, has to be a Monopoly or Bust. They honestly think they can take on Google with their Ad Software, and an outdated Search Engine, and calling it Live. They honestly believe they can take over an Icon, the iPod, by selling Subscription Services with their Zunes. They think they can get Good Publicity by giving out Laptops to Bloggers, and they think they can at the same time, push more Advertising into Videogames. Their OS is faulty as hell at best, and at worst, you don't want to know.

You accuse Apple of spreading lies, but your arguments are purely political. Apple did not give itself the image of perfection, it was we, the users, iPod users and Macintosh Users alike, who rightfully so, give Apple that image. You cannot look at an OS and say each has it's ups and downs, I'll run both. You can't look at an OS and say games determine it, a computer is a tool, a platform for entertainment, and the ultimate communications device. I have given my reasons for disliking Microsoft, I would like you to now demonstrate to me, within the boundries of their Products, exactly what you like about Microsoft, and what you dislike about Apple. If Apple thinks Kids she be sacraficed to ancient Aztec Gods, I won't care, because as long as their Products are better then Microsoft's I will continue to use Mac OS X, and care not about anything else. If one day Microsoft makes a better version of Windows that tops Mac OS X, I'll look past their Monopoly, and switch back.

Sebastian
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
post #24 of 156
I see you're switching back too Sebastian?
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #25 of 156
Quote:
pple has -- not once, but several times -- been able to criticize other people's beliefs, fashion sense, and lifestyle without anyone stopping it. How long can that go on? As long as its whiney jokes are kept on life support. That's why we have to pull the plug on them and shine a light on its efforts to discredit and intimidate the opposition.

Maybe if they made products I didn't like, yet was compelled to buy in order to maintain little more than a status quo, I'd consider this. But, as you may gather, that's not the case. I like Apple stuff. I think Steve's a jackass, too, but it's not stopping me from buying Apple stuff. Apple is more than just Steve.
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #26 of 156
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Microsoft has proven time and time again, their true goals in every market they attempt to enter: Embrace, Extend, Extinguish. They do nothing to try and improve the market itself, as long as they can cram useless features in (Vista) and sell it (Vista) they simply do not care. Now they are after the PDF format, because obviously Adobe is too Incompetent to create a true Paper Document Format.

Microsoft's complete incomptence is what I truly laugh at, because they think by taking the PDF format, and throwing XML into it, they can beat Adobe at their own game. The funny thing is, Adobe is countering them, by doing just that, throwing XML in and calling it Mars in the labs.

Care for another example? Let's try the Zune. Microsoft thinks that by copying the formula, hardware+software+service they can somehow beat Apple at it's own game. Reasons why this one will fail, nobody gives a damn about the Zune, and Microsoft is relying on their Zune Marketplace to make up for hardware costs, which will ultimately fail because most people just Rip it from an Audio CD. People are so afraid of what DRM will do that they stay as far away from online music stores as they can.

Microsoft continues to throw Money in the Wind, hoping that eventually they will come up with a hit. Microsofts reign resides only in stereotypes against Apple (when I walked into school the day after I bought my Mac, you wouldn't believe how many stereotypes spouted misinformation about the Mac, one guy thought it was for businesses, the market Microsoft and Linux currently hold the tightest) and the Business market. But as consumer demand for the Mac grows, we can see clearly, that none of these stereotypes holds out. Hopefully not the level I heard when I was surrounded by people who hated the Mac for no good reason while a small group spouted as much misinformation as they possibly could.

I laugh at people like you, and like this, because you, collectively, with everybody else who knows absolutely nothing about the Macintosh, or Apple itself, spout as much crap as you possibly can. You alone, have the power to remain completely ignorant, because while Apple may complain about Vista ripping them off, they can because Microsoft did indeed attempt to rip them off. Apple is currently light years ahead of Microsoft for one reason alone: they refuse to sit back on rump and do absolutely nothing while the competition is supporting new technologies and pushing the rest of the industry as forward as possible.

Dell, is now seeing the brilliance in putting a Webcam in the case of a Notebook. I signed up for their Newsletter (which is really like Ad Letters, nothing news like about it, except Dell's new products) just to see what they were up to, and I believe one or more of their Models is now walking around with a Webcam inside, just like the Macbook lines and the iMac. Bluetooth, is inside every Mac (except the standard version of Mac Pros) and every Mac comes with a remote so that you can access Frontrow and playback Slideshows, Music, or even just use it in iTunes (which I do all the time) because it is not how many BIG features you can toss in. It's the little things in life that count, because without that, anything larger then that cannot stand on it's own 2 feet.

Yeah, I'm full of Clichès, but so what. When I have the ability to Sync my Mobile phone with my computer, use my Remote to play a movie in an iPod like interface, carry it around, start a videochat, plug a bunch of useful things into my Dashboard like an iTunes controller, a dictionary, a Pong Clock, or even Sudoku, so I don't have to have a seperate application window open to access all of those, pull up Spotlight/Quicksilver (I'm a Quicksilver kind of guy) to search anything out on my computer, and not have to worry about a single virus, I can afford every Clichè in the book. Bonus, a Free Printer came with my Mac, I have a decent set of speakers, and I picked up an Airport Express as well as a .Mac License, I can now print over my wireless network, use the Speakers plugged into my Airport Express, and sync my Data over .Mac so when I have an HDD crash, it's that much less time spent configuring Mail and my Contacts again (and I did have to have an HDD replaced because, well let's just say I was clumsy) and a nice little Utility for backing everything up to an External HDD.

Microsoft has never pushed anything, has always relied on OEMs, and even then, refuses to support them 100% (Vista won't support WUSB, instead they'll just give it out as SP1, whenever that is) and can't make a very secure OS. Some say that's because no one makes Viruses for the Mac, well yeah that would be true, except Viruses have turned up and guess what, they are patched. Not on a monthly basis like Microsoft, who has dedicated a Tuesday every month just to Security Updates, but usually ASAP I believe.

Microsoft has contributed little to the Technolgy industry, and has done everything to gain a Monopoly in everything they can. On the Xbox platform for example, they are buying out Developers left and right to make their Games exclusive to the 360, or if they can't manage that, Multiplatform, and they usually aim to have short term exclusitivity there.

Microsoft is a manipulative, monopolistic, money machine. Everything they enter, has to be a Monopoly or Bust. They honestly think they can take on Google with their Ad Software, and an outdated Search Engine, and calling it Live. They honestly believe they can take over an Icon, the iPod, by selling Subscription Services with their Zunes. They think they can get Good Publicity by giving out Laptops to Bloggers, and they think they can at the same time, push more Advertising into Videogames. Their OS is faulty as hell at best, and at worst, you don't want to know.

You accuse Apple of spreading lies, but your arguments are purely political. Apple did not give itself the image of perfection, it was we, the users, iPod users and Macintosh Users alike, who rightfully so, give Apple that image. You cannot look at an OS and say each has it's ups and downs, I'll run both. You can't look at an OS and say games determine it, a computer is a tool, a platform for entertainment, and the ultimate communications device. I have given my reasons for disliking Microsoft, I would like you to now demonstrate to me, within the boundries of their Products, exactly what you like about Microsoft, and what you dislike about Apple. If Apple thinks Kids she be sacraficed to ancient Aztec Gods, I won't care, because as long as their Products are better then Microsoft's I will continue to use Mac OS X, and care not about anything else. If one day Microsoft makes a better version of Windows that tops Mac OS X, I'll look past their Monopoly, and switch back.

Sebastian

Well, I knew it was coming. In fact, I predicted it quite a long time ago when I said that Slewis would recruit and encourage young people to break down the industrial-technological system, just as older drug dealers use young kids to push drugs. And now that he has, we must decidedly stand by our principles and be true to them on all occasions, in all places, against all foes, and at whatever cost. Let me get to the crux of the matter: Slewis used to complain about being persecuted. Now he is our primary persecutor. This reversal of roles reminds me that Slewis has announced his intentions to fix blame for social stress, economic loss, or loss of political power on a target group whose constructed guilt provides a simplistic explanation. While doing so may earn Slewis a gold star from the mush-for-brains escapism crowd, I have a tendency to report the more sensational things that he is up to, the more shocking things, things like how he wants to mock, ridicule, deprecate, and objurgate people for their religious beliefs. And I realize the difficulty that the average person has in coming to grips with that, but you might say, "The grossly fallacious reasoning behind his prophecies can be confirmed by some simple fact-checking." Fine, I agree. But an armed revolt against him is morally justified. However, I contend that it is not yet strategically justified. Slewis should put his own house in order before he tells others what to do. End of story. Actually, I should add that the central paradox of his editorials, the twist that makes his biases so irresistible to satanic freebooters, is that these people truly believe that his way of life is correct and everyone else's isn't. I won't lie to you; it is easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle than it is to convince his lackeys to tell it like it is. Slewis vehemently denies that, of course. But he obviously would, because he will stop at nothing to deny citizens the ability to draw their own conclusions about the potential for violence that he may be generating. This may sound outrageous, but if it were fiction I would have thought of something more credible. As it stands, I want to make this clear, so that those who do not understand deeper messages embedded within sarcastic irony -- and you know who I'm referring to -- can process my point.

Slewis's lapdogs actually believe the bunkum they're always mouthing. That's because these kinds of snappish warmongers are idealistic, have no sense of history or human nature, and they think that what they're doing will improve the world in a lustrum or two. In reality, of course, I'm not a coprophagous person. I'd like nothing more than to extend my hand in friendship to Slewis's followers and convey my hope that in the days to come we can work together to exemplify the principles of honor, duty, loyalty, and courage. Unfortunately, knowing them, they'd rather flush all my hopes and dreams down the toilet because that's what Slewis wants. I know the following is a cheap shot, but as soon as his apparatchiks infiltrate the media with the express purpose of disseminating ribald information, they will have destroyed the basis for their own existence. Now that that's cleared up, I'll continue with what I was saying before, that there's something fishy about his homilies. I think Slewis's up to something, something dysfunctional and perhaps even wanton.

Without checks and balances, cuckoo heretics are free to promote a form of government in which religious freedom, racial equality, and individual liberty are severely at risk. History offers innumerable examples for the truth of this assertion. So, Slewis, maybe the problem is not with otiose busybodies, but with you. I am reminded of the quote, "I, for one, will renew my resolve to grant people the freedom to pursue any endeavor they deem fitting to their skills, talent, and interest." This comment is not as myopic as it seems because Slewis thinks it's good that his theories interfere with the most important principles of democracy. It is difficult to know how to respond to such monumentally misplaced values, but let's try this: He wants all of us to believe that women are crazed Pavlovian sex-dogs who will salivate at any object even remotely phallic in shape. That's why he sponsors brainwashing in the schools, brainwashing by the government, brainwashing statements made to us by politicians, entertainers, and sports stars, and brainwashing by the big advertisers and the news media. I conclude this letter with an appropriate quote: "Under different circumstances, Slewis's comrades might have ended up as brainless conspiracy theorists drifting the streets -- pudibund pamphleteers pressing tracts crammed with conspiracies into the palms of startled passersby." I believe we all know who said that, don't we?
post #27 of 156
complaint generator.....you can choose a company or person....kinda stupid actually


http://www.pakin.org/complaint
post #28 of 156
Slewis, did you actually write yours?
post #29 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmightdothat View Post

Slewis, did you actually write yours?

Yes I wrote mine... damn it. Oh well, I'm typing up a new one because this is funny as hell.

Sebastian (There is a reason I put this at the bottom of every post, Slewis is so I can log in faster)
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
post #30 of 156
First off, My Congratulations, You proved that you are not credible for anything but typing up long Novels, or using a bull shit generator as others have suggested. I will now take appart your post by the paragraph, and you will see why I not only laughed harder then I ever have before, but you will see why you should try not to be a fortune teller predicting my every move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airsoft4Life View Post

Well, I knew it was coming. In fact, I predicted it quite a long time ago when I said that Slewis would recruit and encourage young people to break down the industrial-technological system, just as older drug dealers use young kids to push drugs. And now that he has, we must decidedly stand by our principles and be true to them on all occasions, in all places, against all foes, and at whatever cost. Let me get to the crux of the matter: Slewis used to complain about being persecuted. Now he is our primary persecutor. This reversal of roles reminds me that Slewis has announced his intentions to fix blame for social stress, economic loss, or loss of political power on a target group whose constructed guilt provides a simplistic explanation. While doing so may earn Slewis a gold star from the mush-for-brains escapism crowd, I have a tendency to report the more sensational things that he is up to, the more shocking things, things like how he wants to mock, ridicule, deprecate, and objurgate people for their religious beliefs. And I realize the difficulty that the average person has in coming to grips with that, but you might say, "The grossly fallacious reasoning behind his prophecies can be confirmed by some simple fact-checking." Fine, I agree. But an armed revolt against him is morally justified. However, I contend that it is not yet strategically justified. Slewis should put his own house in order before he tells others what to do. End of story. Actually, I should add that the central paradox of his editorials, the twist that makes his biases so irresistible to satanic freebooters, is that these people truly believe that his way of life is correct and everyone else's isn't. I won't lie to you; it is easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle than it is to convince his lackeys to tell it like it is. Slewis vehemently denies that, of course. But he obviously would, because he will stop at nothing to deny citizens the ability to draw their own conclusions about the potential for violence that he may be generating. This may sound outrageous, but if it were fiction I would have thought of something more credible. As it stands, I want to make this clear, so that those who do not understand deeper messages embedded within sarcastic irony -- and you know who I'm referring to -- can process my point.

First you are accusing me of recruiting and encouraging young people to break down the industrial-technological system, as drug dealers recruit kids. Now that may be a bit harsh, but if I am doing it, I'm in the perfect place: I'm a High School Freshman. What better place to do all of that, then from inside High School. Never mind that I love the industrial-technological system, and simply love technology, and the technology industry, but apparently I am recruiting young people to break down the industrial-technological system as a drug dealer recruits kids. Good Fortune Telling. Now what does this have to do with you disliking Apple?

Now you say that I used to complain about being persecuted, do I know you from somewhere? Obviously not because I was never persecuted before, but somehow I can't shake the feeling that you are someone I know setting me up for some gigantic practical joke.

You then say I have intentions to fix blame and social stress... well I did fix one blame thing: You accused Apple of setting up this Image of Perfection when in reality, it was the users of Macs and iPods who set up that image. Oh well, we can't all be perfect eh?

You are also suggesting a Armed Revolt against me? I'm flattered, what did I do?

Oh, I think I can get to like this, I never knew people believed my way of life was the best way and no one elses. Why Thank You for informing me of this. You just gave my Self Esteem an adrenaline shot, because I never knew living as a High School Freshman, with my Mum in a Studio Apartment was the way to live. I'll be sure to let my lackeys know as well, when and if I ever have lackeys. I never really considered it much, but it sounds like it would be kind of fun.

You are also talking about the potential of violence I may be generating, well I wasn't the one who suggested Armed Revolt against me was I?

Sarcastic Irony receieved Sir, oh and about you thinking of something more credible if this was all fiction, keep thinking. On to your next Paragraph.

Quote:
Slewis's lapdogs actually believe the bunkum they're always mouthing. That's because these kinds of snappish warmongers are idealistic, have no sense of history or human nature, and they think that what they're doing will improve the world in a lustrum or two. In reality, of course, I'm not a coprophagous person. I'd like nothing more than to extend my hand in friendship to Slewis's followers and convey my hope that in the days to come we can work together to exemplify the principles of honor, duty, loyalty, and courage. Unfortunately, knowing them, they'd rather flush all my hopes and dreams down the toilet because that's what Slewis wants. I know the following is a cheap shot, but as soon as his apparatchiks infiltrate the media with the express purpose of disseminating ribald information, they will have destroyed the basis for their own existence. Now that that's cleared up, I'll continue with what I was saying before, that there's something fishy about his homilies. I think Slewis's up to something, something dysfunctional and perhaps even wanton.

Oh now I have lapdogs now? I always thought of myself as more of a Cat person, that reminds me I should put a couple of pictues of my Cats on my Homepage.

You may not be coprophagous but you sure like to dish s*** out. But if you wish to extend your hand of friendship to my followers, I'm going to have to find some followers first. Guess that takes care of your hopes and dreams though, considering Airsoft is a Gun company, I can hardly imagine what those would be though.</sarcasm>

Oh well, off to be dysfunctional and wanton on your next paragraph.

Quote:
Without checks and balances, cuckoo heretics are free to promote a form of government in which religious freedom, racial equality, and individual liberty are severely at risk. History offers innumerable examples for the truth of this assertion. So, Slewis, maybe the problem is not with otiose busybodies, but with you. I am reminded of the quote, "I, for one, will renew my resolve to grant people the freedom to pursue any endeavor they deem fitting to their skills, talent, and interest." This comment is not as myopic as it seems because Slewis thinks it's good that his theories interfere with the most important principles of democracy. It is difficult to know how to respond to such monumentally misplaced values, but let's try this: He wants all of us to believe that women are crazed Pavlovian sex-dogs who will salivate at any object even remotely phallic in shape. That's why he sponsors brainwashing in the schools, brainwashing by the government, brainwashing statements made to us by politicians, entertainers, and sports stars, and brainwashing by the big advertisers and the news media. I conclude this letter with an appropriate quote: "Under different circumstances, Slewis's comrades might have ended up as brainless conspiracy theorists drifting the streets -- pudibund pamphleteers pressing tracts crammed with conspiracies into the palms of startled passersby." I believe we all know who said that, don't we?

I'm promoting my own government now? Would that be why I ignore Politics and know nothing about either political party here in the states? Hmm, makes sense I guess.

Considering your endeavor is to take down me and my followers though, whoever that might be, I guess you're going to have to find some new endeavor. I don't recall saying women were crazed Pavlovian sex-dogs though. Must've slipped out somewhere between .Mac and Macbook. Silly me...

Time to go round up my Brainless Conspiracy Theorist Comrades now, G'day to you people, and while you may be using a stupid piece of software to make all of this up, my posts are legitimate and from the heart

Sebastian
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
post #31 of 156
I am going to try to make this short and sweet, not long and pedantic like a few of the other posts. Or at least, try to cut it up into little tiny chewable chunks.

Environment
Apple has an excellent record in terms of respecting the environment. Since 2001, all Apple computers have achieved an energy star rating. In addition, one HUGE thing Apple does for the environment is design their packages to be economical, not overly large, and not wasteful. Apple offers free recycling of old Apple products.

Additional Reading: http://www.apple.com/environment/


Ingenuity
Apple has had a strong record for releasing new products with fresh ideas. Apple is pioneering new products and technologies while Microsoft is primarily (albeit they do have some very good original ideas) repackaging old ideas. When Apple saw that USB was too slow, they developed Firewire as a bridge to the finalization of a faster USB. Apple had the initiative to incorporate these new technologies (firewire in this example) universally across their line of computers, while taking out decaying and useless technologies (like the floppy disk). In stark contrast, most PCS did not have firewire (and for that matter still do not), and suffered for a period of time when USB was very slow, and the only option.

Perhaps most notable about Apple's ingenuity is their software design and user interface...


User Interface, Graphics, and Industrial Design
Apple's very first operating systems where leagues ahead of Microsoft's around the same time. Microsoft played the copy cat game and did catch up very quickly, and even surpassed Apple in some areas. Apple has always maintained a superior user interface with its operating systems and its products. The iPods user interface is extremely intuitive, the iPod design is beautiful, Mac OS X is attractive and elegant, and the products Apple designs are very esthetically pleasing. Mac OS X is also fair easier to use and more productive than windows, not even including special features such as "Spotlight", "Dashboard", and the soon to be "Spaces".


Where Apple fails. And why their failure is justified.
Most of Apple's failure (that is not to say that Apple is mostly constituted of failures; Actually, quite the opposite is true) are due to two things. First, Apple has a tight eco-system. This can be a double edged sword. On the plus side, this creates an extremely positive user interface and user experience for a customer. This tighter controlled eco-system also means that technology can advance more rapidly lending to more ingenuity and free creative license. This has worked extremely well for the iPod. On the negative side, should the market decide to buy into other less integrated options, Apple hurts in some ways BECAUSE of it's tight integration. This is why PC's have upwards of 90% market share and Macs have less than 10% market share today.

As evident with the Apple's success with the iPod, Apple has learned it's lesson and has found out how to be a team player while still maintaining tight integration and control over it's products. This first problem is no longer (currently) a problem for Apple.

The second reason for any of Apple's failures is what I like to call "the playground effect." Great new ideas and technologies don't just pop out of thin air. They take experimentation of what will work and what will not work. Some ideas are played with even if they are totally extraneous and others are crucially important, and it's hard to know what is what during the process of developing them. So with Apple's emphasis on ingenuity, it's no surprise they have some miserable failures. Yes it's true this leads to failure, but the flipside is it also leads to enormous success. You can't have a perfect record if you play it safe; No risk, no reward. Unfortunately for Microsoft, they both play it safe, and miserably fail all the time.

Recently this hasn't been quite as big of a problem for Apple, but I suspect it will be, at least in some minor degree, very soon.
post #32 of 156
On a personal note, Airsoft4Life:

Many of the arguments listed in your original post are COMPLETELY irrelevant, vague, and nonsensical. For example:

Quote:
Apple's den of thieves controls illegal drugs and prostitution as well as banking, oil, defense, and the media.

What kind of absolute bull-shit is this? It's a good thing my bullshit has built in anti-explosion technology, which I helped develop, because otherwise it would overload so thoroughly the world would be set into a nuclear winter as the machine exploded with the force of a 90 atomic bombs.

Last time I checked Apple dosn't support the illicit drug market, does not support prostitutes, and does not support oil, banking, defense, and media industries... UNLESS THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THEIR APPLE PRODCUTS!

Your wasting our time and your time with your drivel of worthless bullshit. If you have a problem, then why don't you change it yourself instead of pissing and moaning about it.
post #33 of 156
deleted
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
post #34 of 156
@ Airsoft4Life?

Just because you dislike Apple, doesn't make you a dickhead, but it doesn't make you not a dickhead either. Ya read me?
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #35 of 156

You should see his Myspace Page, they all look terrible but his is by far the worst (here)

Sebastian
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
post #36 of 156
ic, all of those rants, except for Sebastian's, were randomly generated
post #37 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmightdothat View Post

ic, all of those rants, except for Sebastian's, were randomly generated

haha, yes, I am aware. There is no bloody way anybody would be able to write that much bullshit without doing it for money. My second post was just becaues I felt like being an ass hole. My first post was because I felt that something good should come of this thread.
post #38 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmightdothat View Post

ic, all of those rants, except for Sebastian's, were randomly generated

Yep
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
post #39 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmightdothat View Post

On behalf of several members of the community, I would like to express my shock and disappointment at some of Airsoft4Life's lamentations...

Sweet Jeebus, greg... you just won the Pulitzer for wordiest and most humorous rebuttal. F***in'-A!

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

post #40 of 156
Is it possible for those who defend subversive unilateralism to make their defense look more pathological than it currently is? Why is Sebastian Lewis so compelled to complain about situations over which he has all the control? And when Sebastian looks in the mirror in the morning, does he see more than the same, evil face that all hell demons share? This letter is not the place to explore the answers to those questions. Its purpose is instead to make Sebastian's stupid ideas understood, resisted, and made the object of deserved contempt by young and old alike. In the first place, Sebastian owes us an apology. I'll say that again, because I want it to sink in: I am tired of listening to Sebastian's jabber, whether it be text, voice, or video. How dare he criticize my values when his are so obviously hell bent on the destruction of religeon?


It's time that a few facts had a chance to slip through the fusillade of hype. Once we realize that, what do we do? The appropriate thing, in my judgment, is to oppose evil wherever it rears its rapacious fanboy head. I say that because his threats are evil and um...EVIL. They're evil because they cause global warming; they make your teeth fall out; they give you spots; they incite nuclear war; they make you breathe fire; they hate Windows; they are full of s***. And, as if that weren't enough, if I had my druthers, Sebastian would never have had the opportunity to condition the public -- or, more precisely, brainwash the public into buying Zunes-- into believing that might makes right but it doesn't matter if you're wrong if Microsoft is worht Billions. As it stands, I sympathize with those who have lost loved ones at the hands of Sebastian Lewis, I hear one poor guy had his ears blown out due to a Zune this that he bought from Sebastian. Well, that's getting away from my main topic, which is that he sometimes uses the word "homeotransplantation" when describing his codices. Beware! This is a buzzword designed for explosive response, symptoms include wanting to destroy the nearest Mac, green ears, and a runny nose. Please, please, please help me straighten out Sebastian's thinking, and call a doctor while you're at it before you do explode. Without your help, Sebastian will undeniably slow scientific progress, and there will probably be a few other side effects.



Maybe Sebastian is being manipulated by disgraceful ragamuffins, but even so, his apothegms have experienced a considerable amount of evolution (or perhaps more accurately, genetic drift) over the past few weeks, and he's grown fond of saying too many clichès these past few days just to piss everybody off. They used to be simply intrusive. Now, not only are they both effete and insolent, but they also serve as unequivocal proof that Sebastian's sycophants suspect that we should avoid personal responsibility, and those Nasty late night psychotic rampages just have to stop. I say to them, "Prove it" -- not that they'll be able to, of course, but because Sebastian has for a long time been arguing that he is the one who will lead us to our great shining future, or rage around like a lunatic trying. Had he instead been arguing that he is known for publishing what is easily identifiable as opinion under the guise of fact, I might cede him his point. As it stands, the leap of faith required to bridge the logical gap in Sebastian's arguments is simply too terrifying for me to contemplate. What I do often contemplate, however, is how I want to answer the hidebound flibbertigibbets who develop a Pavlovian reflex in us, to make us afraid to listen to others. That may seem simple enough, but he hates you -- yes, you, because you, like me, want to solve the problems of anarchism, mysticism, economic inequality, and lack of equal opportunity. Knowledge is the key that unlocks the shackles of bondage. That's why it's important for you to know that I wonder if Sebastian really believes the things he says. He knows they're not true, doesn't he? Probably not, but while I don't know the answer to that particular question, I do know that I've known some jabberers who were impressively daft. However, Sebastian is naive, and that trumps daft every time. Sebastian has been trying to convince us that the Earth is flat, and the moon is made of cheese while Mars is full of Blue Men who speak 1337. This pathetic attempt to criticize other people's beliefs, intelligence, fashion sense, and lifestyle deserves no comment other than to say that Sebastian's method (or school, or ideology -- it is hard to know exactly what to call it) goes by the name of "Sebastian-ism". It is an irritating and avowedly unbridled philosophy that aims to advertise "magical" diets and bogus weight-loss pills, as well as the idea that the world is made for Microsoft. Furthermore, the space remaining in this letter will not suffice even to enumerate the ways in which he has tried to reward mediocrity. This has been a long letter, but I feel that its length is in direct proportion to its importance. Why? Because this is a fundamental and obvious truth that Sebastian Lewis absolutely ignores, and that believe it or not, will probably end up being a very good thing.

Sincerely,
the Insanely Great S. Jobs

----------------------------------

Somebody in Cupertino Hates me



Sebastian
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Why I dislike Apple