or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPhone

post #1 of 38
Thread Starter 


iPhone Image from OEM company in Taiwan.

iPhone have been shipped from China via UPS 2nd Day, will debut on the keynote on Tuesday, January 9.

with 5 inch OLED touch screen,
900/1800/1900 TriBand GSM for Asia.
850/1800/1900 Triband GSM for North America

Retail Price could be around US$299 for 4GB model, US$399 for 8GB model
post #2 of 38
The picture is obviously photoshopped, and why would they only have a red model?
post #3 of 38
Thread Starter 
red model?....this is the only photo i can get...

if you can get the whole series of photos from the people who signed for NDA, i will be happy to post them for you.

If u understand what's NDA.
post #4 of 38
I would think there would have to be a speaker on the top and somewhere to talk into on the bottom. I don't see any signs of this though. Looks cool though. Heres hoping something will be shown at Macworld. Oh, and Happy New Year everyone.
Aluminum Macbook: 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Nvidia 9400M.
Reply
Aluminum Macbook: 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Nvidia 9400M.
Reply
post #5 of 38
2/10.
post #6 of 38
Danny, I understand what a NDA is, and sorry, but I can't get photos of the "iPhone." I agree with duzledwarf - there has to be a hole for the mic and speaker. The sound quality would be terrible if they were covered in aluminum, unless the mic and speaker are on the top and bottom. Also, doesn't Linksys own the iPhone name?
post #7 of 38
Fake, I could make that in Photoshop.
~jvb
Reply
~jvb
Reply
post #8 of 38
Thread Starter 
jvb...why don't u make one?...so i can see
post #9 of 38
So it got two batteries, for phone and player and two controls, also separated. Click wheel and touchscreen. I bet it also got two sets of memory and processors.
post #10 of 38
i wish the number buttons were larger, i'm just thinking about tryiing to dial driving unless it has voice indepedent dialing with bt

is oled displays that well proven, i know they take much less energy but their lifespan and color satuation is in question

and where is the "dock" for osX, ichat, maybe wifi, etc
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
post #11 of 38
I recall Jabra had a set of earphones that were also microphones, so possible the ear buds will be that type. Butu I doubt it. Too much trouble to insert earphones to use phone.

Also a click wheel is not required. Go back to the patent and look at the size of the touch screen, and the side buttons that change screen function.

The color red would be reserved for Bono's charity version.
post #12 of 38
That does not look like a 5-inch screen.
post #13 of 38
Obviously a fake... next time you should clean up your white background and around the phone name and number... you did a sloppy job.
post #14 of 38
Uh, if that is a five inch screen, then the earbuds in the shot are about one inch in diameter, which is simply huge

Sniff sniff?!? What's that smell? Oh yeah, it's another fake image out of PhotoChop
Late 2009 Unibody MacBook (modified)
2.26GHz Core 2 Duo CPU/8GB RAM/60GB SSD/500GB HDD
SuperDrive delete
Reply
Late 2009 Unibody MacBook (modified)
2.26GHz Core 2 Duo CPU/8GB RAM/60GB SSD/500GB HDD
SuperDrive delete
Reply
post #15 of 38
Jesus, we always go through this when new products are introduced.

My question: is there an expectation that apple will roll out a phone this Jan, or are we going to have to wait another year?
post #16 of 38
BTW, check out this Applenews post from August: http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1959. There's also been a history of Apple rolling out devices at the Macworld following the one the product was expected at, as well as on-time. I've been out of the loop (I can't get my Ibook to work right, why care about new crap from Apple), so I don't know if the phone was expected at the last MacWorld show. Whatever, it'd be nice if it shows up next week. We've been expecting it so long, the drama is getting old.
post #17 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannychang View Post



iPhone Image from OEM company in Taiwan.

iPhone have been shipped from China via UPS 2nd Day, will debut on the keynote on Tuesday, January 9.

with 5 inch OLED touch screen,
900/1800/1900 TriBand GSM for Asia.
850/1800/1900 Triband GSM for North America

Retail Price could be around US$299 for 4GB model, US$399 for 8GB model

Wow Danny! I guess Apple doesn't realize that they don't own the name "iPhone"?

post #18 of 38
If that's a 5" diagonal screen then the overall size is 8 inches long!!?? Seems a bit large!!
post #19 of 38
I repeat: go look at the images in the patent. If and when the phone is released, it will not look like an iPod.

As far as when it will be released: the rumor mill seems to thing this spring for the less expensive model, and a more robust version in the summer. Apple wold be wise to space the releaseswith their own release press eventsto bolster the stock during its slow seasons.

That doesn't mean Jobs won't show it at MacWorld. He showed the "iTV" last summer, and it won't be introduced till next week.

Also: it won't be called iPhone. Its official name will be Star Fleet Commander Super Zirconium Decoder. Start saving your box tops now!
post #20 of 38
I really hope that's not what it ends up looking like. That is disappointing. Luckily, this one is a fake, but I hope they don't go in that direction.
post #21 of 38
Fake, fake, fake, fake, fake... and did I mention fake?

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #22 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Fake, fake, fake, fake, fake... and did I mention fake?

Agreed, but I'd add...

Lame, lame, lame, lame, lame... and did I mention lame?
post #23 of 38
why make an announcement in jan for a summer release, if summer then they would discuss at a separate event
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
post #24 of 38
Why does it have to have a hole for the mic and speaker? How about a bluetooth headset only iphone? Don't have to put it on your greasy ear. Could be smaller...maybe a shape that is very un-cell-phone like...maybe round??? I don't know...but I do know that I rarely hold my Treo 650 up to my ear.
post #25 of 38
The only prediction I will make is that Apple will release it the day after I get a new Phone.

Sebastian
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Reply
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Reply
post #26 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by woofer View Post

Why does it have to have a hole for the mic and speaker? How about a bluetooth headset only iphone? Don't have to put it on your greasy ear. Could be smaller...maybe a shape that is very un-cell-phone like...maybe round??? I don't know...but I do know that I rarely hold my Treo 650 up to my ear.

Not everyone wants to walk down the street while looking like they're talking to themselves.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
post #27 of 38
that already happens with or without an apple macphone
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
post #28 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

that already happens with or without an apple macphone

Forcing the behaviour, by making the iPhone use Bluetooth exclusively, would be ridiculous and entirely unlikely.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
post #29 of 38
plus, those gargantuan ear plugs are the old model.
at present:
20" 2GHz 2GB iMac Core Duo X.4 & Super Drive

next year:
27" 2.7GHz 4GB iMac Core Duo 3 X.5 & Ultimate Drive
Reply
at present:
20" 2GHz 2GB iMac Core Duo X.4 & Super Drive

next year:
27" 2.7GHz 4GB iMac Core Duo 3 X.5 & Ultimate Drive
Reply
post #30 of 38
People posting deliberate fake's should be banned IMO.. Things as fake as this should go in a mockup thread.
"There's no bigot like a religious bigot and there's no religion more fanatical than that espoused by Macintosh zealots." ~Martin Veitch, IT Week [31-01-2003]
Reply
"There's no bigot like a religious bigot and there's no religion more fanatical than that espoused by Macintosh zealots." ~Martin Veitch, IT Week [31-01-2003]
Reply
post #31 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvb View Post

Fake, I could make that in Photoshop.

Or even Microsoft Paint.
Report employers of illegal aliens at (866) DHS-2ICE
Reply
Report employers of illegal aliens at (866) DHS-2ICE
Reply
post #32 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacillus View Post

Or even Microsoft Paint.

guess u guys can only use your mouth.

Thank god that Designers in Apple unlike you guys.

Prove it before you say anything stupid.
post #33 of 38
Or even microsoft Word.

post #34 of 38
Actually, I've seen better fakes when a web page graphic fails to redraw when scrolling and gets stuck.

Er, Danny, you do know how big 5" is, don't you? If the proportions of your mockup were correct, the thing would be about half the size of a keyboard, and the earbuds as big as a mouse...

Even the PSP only has a 4" screen, and it's relatively large and bulky compared to that nano you've doctored.
post #35 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by T'hain Esh Kelch View Post

People posting deliberate fake's should be banned IMO.. Things as fake as this should go in a mockup thread.

What is this, a police-state?
Hope Springs Eternal,
Mandricard
AppleOutsider
Reply
Hope Springs Eternal,
Mandricard
AppleOutsider
Reply
post #36 of 38
umm... I don't know if you know this danny, but we can't call it the iPhone anymore.
post #37 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody56292 View Post

umm... I don't know if you know this danny, but we can't call it the iPhone anymore.

Yeah we can because 1) It's a Placeholder name for Apple's Product and 2) Nobody gives a damn about the Linksys phones

Sebastian
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Reply
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Reply
post #38 of 38
Check out these concepts:

http://appleiphone.blogspot.com/

I like the iMac DomePhone

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone