or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Why can't I download from iTunes?

Why can't I download from iTunes?

post #1 of 4
I have a Mac G5 running OS X v 10.2.8. I recently tried to download some music (for the first time) from iTunes, but got denied! First, I was told I needed to download iTunes 7. Okay, I thought... No problem. but when I tried that free iTunes 7 download, I continuously got an error message saying that I needed a newer version of OS X. Is this true? Since I have a 3 year old computer, I can't download music from iTunes. Doesn't seem right or fair. If I had a PC, I could download iTunes music all day long.

Please help...
post #2 of 4
You can eBay 10.3 for around $35, so I don't see the big deal.
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsacto View Post

I have a Mac G5 running OS X v 10.2.8. I recently tried to download some music (for the first time) from iTunes, but got denied! First, I was told I needed to download iTunes 7. Okay, I thought... No problem. but when I tried that free iTunes 7 download, I continuously got an error message saying that I needed a newer version of OS X. Is this true? Since I have a 3 year old computer, I can't download music from iTunes. Doesn't seem right or fair. If I had a PC, I could download iTunes music all day long.

Please help...

Sadly you'll need a newer version of OS X. The latest version, I'm sure you know is 10.4.8 and 10.5 is just around the corner. The OS X version of iTunes requires at least 10.3.9. You could just update to Tiger now, but Leopard is just around the corner too, I'm guessing April, wishful people are hoping earlier. Steve Jobs says Spring 07.

Sebastian
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
post #4 of 4
Alright. I guess I'll upgrade to 10.5 this Spring. Thanks for the feedback.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Why can't I download from iTunes?