or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Calm down, that's not a black apple

Calm down, that's not a black apple

post #1 of 21
It's not. I think it's too subtle or too hard to see, cuz if your monitor is too small you won't see the big picutre. It's actually a white apple. The reason it's black is cuz the sun is on the other side. the drawing is actually an eclipse. It's not a "black apple with a halo".

The moon is white, but in a solar eclipse, the earth's side of the moon is black when you look at it.

Speaking of mac countdown..does anyone have a vista "gadget" that does the same I can see how the "conspiracy theorists" can think it's black, considering the best ipod and best macbook are both black as if promoting a black theme
post #2 of 21
I actually wasn't thinking the Black Mac logo as much as the color surrounding the logo. It is the same color theme/style that is present in iTunes 7. That appears to be the shift that Apple is making, or that is at least the most popular speculation as of right now (Death of Aqua).
~jvb
~jvb
post #3 of 21
Aren't both the black and white 5.5G iPods exactly the same?
post #4 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by -dF View Post

Aren't both the black and white 5.5G iPods exactly the same?

Yes, why?
~jvb
~jvb
post #5 of 21
It's the new MoonApple!

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #6 of 21
Err...please help a dumb guy, but wht the hell is everyone talking about?

Cheers
post #7 of 21
www.apple.com

There is a new teaser on the main page. "The first 30 years were just the beginning. Welcome to 2007" There are also some new colors floating around on the page, which is what we are talking about.
~jvb
~jvb
post #8 of 21
Thanks jvb! Guess I missed it because (a) I visit applieinsider eery day but never visit apple.com; and (b) being Canadian, I visit apple.ca (though not everyday, only when I need to buy something) and apple.ca looks nothing like apple.com

Cheers
post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post

Thanks jvb! Guess I missed it because (a) I visit applieinsider eery day but never visit apple.com; and (b) being Canadian, I visit apple.ca (though not everyday, only when I need to buy something) and apple.ca looks nothing like apple.com

Cheers

No problem. The new homepage has been all they hype recently
~jvb
~jvb
post #10 of 21
"considering the best ipod and best macbook are both black"
post #11 of 21
Quote:

The best iPod nano, he surely meant to say.
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post

Cheers

Don't worry. http://www.apple.com.au has nothing like apple.com. Maybe because Apple hasn't been in Australia for 30 years... Hell, I don't think they even had electricity in Australia 30 years ago...!!
post #13 of 21
post #14 of 21
I don't get the interface colour connection, isn't it just graphite?
post #15 of 21
Quote:

you know what. I didn't know the black big ipod was not better than the white one. Thing is..i really never cared for the big one, so I never loooked it up. I just thought of the nano when I wrote that and assumed the same was for the big ipod
post #16 of 21
It could be a stylized close-up of the surface of the Thirtieth Anniversary Mac.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #17 of 21
I liked the comment (made somewhere) that it is really an apple in a movie theater and that light behind it is light from a movie projector.....suggesting a Movie theme.

The light is too white to be the sun and too bright to be the moon IMO.
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

I liked the comment (made somewhere) that it is really an apple in a movie theater and that light behind it is light from a movie projector.....suggesting a Movie theme.

The light is too white to be the sun and too bright to be the moon IMO.

Nice observation to whoever made it... kinda like the Apple logo is the top of someone's head.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordio View Post

you know what. I didn't know the black big ipod was not better than the white one. Thing is..i really never cared for the big one, so I never loooked it up. I just thought of the nano when I wrote that and assumed the same was for the big ipod

Quite right. I never even thought of the nano... goes to show which type of iPods we like
post #20 of 21
Okay...I need some minutes back...
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

It's the new MoonApple!

"Oh Tobias! You blow hard!"
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Calm down, that's not a black apple