or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › editing just the album title in itunes

editing just the album title in itunes

post #1 of 12
Hello

Anyone know how i can change just the album title in itunes i cant seem to find it anywhere

can change everything else but not the album name

Thanks for the help
post #2 of 12
I don't undertand what you mean Geo1. All I have to do is click in the Album column and start typing the name of the album and it is changed. Am I misunderstanding your question?

Cheers
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt

All I have to do is click in the Album column and start typing the name of the album and it is changed.

Although that will probably work for geo1, it's not the best way to change an album name because if you do so you will have to change the album name of each track in succession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo1

Anyone know how i can change just the album title in itunes i can’t seem to find it anywhere

Try the following. Select all of the tracks that you wish to modify (by holding Ctrl and clicking on each of the tracks until they are all highlighted in blue, or by using the Shift and arrow keys if the tracks that you want are in succession). Once you have selected the tracks that you wish to modify, choose File -> Get Info (or press Ctrl-I in Windows -- Command-I in OSX). You will then receive an information box where you can change the Artist, Album, etc for the multiple tracks. If you only want to change the information on one track, then just select one track and press Crtl-I (i.e. "Get Info").

Note that Apple's "Get Info" command is essentially the same as Windows' "Properties" command. If you are using OSX, you can click on just about anything and hit Command-I to "get info" on that program, file, folder, etc.
post #4 of 12
Thank you for the reply guys

I believe the software has a limitation or needs a fix unless i am doing something wrong because i don’t believe the album name can be changed in this way

I imported an album CD and the name of the album appears in lower case letters and therefore i would like to change this to upper case but this does not seem possible

People may want to change the album names for what ever reason one being if you have several albums called greatest hits and you look under albums in the Ipod you will see they are all listed as greatest hits so in fact you have no idea who that greatest hits album belongs to without going into the songs and looking

Please view the picture and you will see what i mean i want to change the left hand side album name under the picture to upper case or anything i wish but i don’t think it can be done

As you can see in the right handside column the first letter is a cap for each track under album but this does not reflect on the left hand side under the picture

Thanks

post #5 of 12
Try selecting all of the tracks simultaneously and bring up a "Get Info" dialog for multiple tracks as has been described by other posters.

As the album title you see for each track is already correct, just click the check box next to the album title field to try to force an update.

If this doesn't work -- if for some reason, iTunes is doing a case-insensitive comparison and making up it's mind that nothing has changed and nothing needs updating -- then try this two-step hack: change the album title of all of the tracks to something like "The Same SideX" (yes, with an extra stupid 'X' that you don't really want). Apply that change, then change the album title once more, taking the unwanted 'X' away.

If even that doesn't fix this for you, I have no idea what's up.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
post #6 of 12
Thank you very much to all for your help

shetline

Yes that worked great for some reason it was not updateing it self tried your fix and it worked

thank you
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by geo1 View Post

Yes that worked great for some reason it was not updateing it self tried your fix and it worked

You have to think like a software engineering sometimes to guess which stupid "jiggle the handle" solutions might fix certain problems. I take it that is was the two-step solution with the added 'X' that you needed?
post #8 of 12

thank you , you saved my fingers a lot of time.

post #9 of 12

Thank you Denton (and others).  This has been a persistent annoyance to me and it's nice to have a quick fix.  I used to do it one item at a time by slowly double-clicking the Album field.  Itunes produces some pretty strange playlists my merging everything from albums called "Greatest Hits" together.

post #10 of 12

Why was this an issue for anyone at any time? I don't recall a version of iTunes that didn't let you click on a name of something to rename it…

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
post #11 of 12

Thank you Denton, Thank you soooo much!

This worked. It was awesome!

Try the following. Select all of the tracks that you wish to modify (by holding Ctrl and clicking on each of the tracks until they are all highlighted in blue, or by using the Shift and arrow keys if the tracks that you want are in succession). Once you have selected the tracks that you wish to modify, choose File -> Get Info (or press Ctrl-I in Windows -- Command-I in OSX). You will then receive an information box where you can change the Artist, Album, etc for the multiple tracks. If you only want to change the information on one track, then just select one track and press Crtl-I (i.e. "Get Info").

Note that Apple's "Get Info" command is essentially the same as Windows' "Properties" command. If you are using OSX, you can click on just about anything and hit Command-I to "get info" on that program, file, folder, etc.

post #12 of 12

Thank you! shift/arrow-file etc was perfect for me. many blessings to you

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › editing just the album title in itunes