or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › A little bird told me

A little bird told me - Page 4

post #121 of 378
murk said: Birdy, birdy in the snow
His wing was broken he could not go
First I coaxed him with a piece of bread
Then I stomped in his friggin head

-Author unknown, but I'm thinking Steve Jobs

Where is Fake Steve Jobs when you need him...
J.C. Corbin, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
Member, Apple Consultants Network
www.ro3.com
www.ro3.com
post #122 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by European guy View Post

Deep asleep, the bird now lies
he mumbles words, open your eyes...

"I lay flat under the apple tree.
and it falls, but not on me.
I eat the apple cause I'm a gluton
Believe you me.
I am no Newton."

<educator intervention>

Gluten (gloo ten) which rhymes with Newton is a combination of proteins, found in wheat that gives bread it's chewy texture.

Glutton (gluh ten) is someone who consumes to much.

</intervention>

Anyway - you didn't deny the tablet so I suspect we're somewhere in the middle of all of this. Doesn't much matter to me. All I care about is new product. Refresh = boring. New makes me happy.
The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'.
post #123 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonwax View Post

<educator intervention>

Gluten (gloo ten) which rhymes with Newton is a combination of proteins, found in wheat that gives bread it's chewy texture.

Glutton (gluh ten) is someone who consumes to much.

</intervention>

Anyway - you didn't deny the tablet so I suspect we're somewhere in the middle of all of this. Doesn't much matter to me. All I care about is new product. Refresh = boring. New makes me happy.

But, is there a gluton, you know, like a prion or a neutron or quark or a neon, oh, wait, scratch that last one...?
www.ro3.com
www.ro3.com
post #124 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by jccbin View Post

But, is there a gluton, you know, like a prion or a neutron or quark or a neon, oh, wait, scratch that last one...?

boson, meson, fermion, graviton, photon, muon, lepton, positron, electron, proton, neutron, and...

gluon! Mediates the strong nuclear force. That's as close as you're getting.
post #125 of 378
Oh, yeah, prion and virion. I'm a physics guy, not biology, but I'm not aware of gluton existing in the bio world either.
post #126 of 378
Holy shit, the new iMac display is held in place by a combination of the strong nuclear force and wheat paste!
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #127 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Holy shit, the new iMac display is held in place by a combination of the strong nuclear force and wheat paste!

Well, technically, so are biscuits...
post #128 of 378
Glutons, flat...

I knew it! Apple and General Mills are teaming up to bring us the iPancake!!

You heard it here first!

I wonder if there will be an Aunt Jemima peripheral line??
My brain is hung like a HORSE!
My brain is hung like a HORSE!
post #129 of 378
iPancake

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #130 of 378
iPancake

Does that mean that celiacs cant use the new Apple products?
post #131 of 378
the new iMac has an airport style base station which contains the CPU, HD etc) and connects to a portable tablet style screen I/O device
post #132 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonwax View Post

Well, technically, so are biscuits...

OMFG......... the new iMac is a biscuit.

And iJam at the Apple Store costs $60 for a three ounce bottle, but it is a damn beautiful bottle.
post #133 of 378
flat... virtual scroll wheel?
post #134 of 378
Biscuit shaped Mac?

Bigger than Mac Mini and flat, can open from Top and change HDD, RAM and GPU???

Something similar to xMac posted by Sunilraman, can be hanged in the wall or you can put the display on top of it? (Change in view???)

Are we there yet?

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #135 of 378
brilliant!
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #136 of 378
Have a Guinness.
post #137 of 378

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #138 of 378
Quote:

"If I am new. and follow my kin,
And I float for your new view...
I wonder how difficult
Would be to satisfy you.
I've been around for so long , you see,
I knew not, you would forget me.
Maybe HE was right, and my demise
was cast in stone before the light."

Perhaps we'll see a new Cube released, serving as the 30th Anniversary Mac?
post #139 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meritocrat View Post

Perhaps we'll see a new Cube released, serving as the 30th Anniversary Mac?

I like your guess! Welcome to the boards.
post #140 of 378
I do think the last one is actually leopard. Lots of the rumors lately have said that leopard is going to get a totally new look when it comes to the finder and so, hence new view,
But I might have missed something because I have only slept 2 hours tonight.
I still think we will see the Apple phone, but it will probably be the one more thing.
Thoughts is important even for the stupid ones.
Thoughts is important even for the stupid ones.
post #141 of 378
IF the iMac gets redesigned, I hope its housing will be slab/pizza-box shaped; made out of metal; and using the Joe-consumer-oriented Quad-core CPU Intel just introduced. Then, it can act as DVR as well.

The other hints (path, light + shadows, float) have me guessing iProjector.
post #142 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJNY View Post

IF the iMac gets redesigned, I hope its housing will be slab/pizza-box shaped; made out of metal; and using the Joe-consumer-oriented Quad-core CPU Intel just introduced. Then, it can act as DVR as well.

The other hints (path, light + shadows, float) have me guessing iProjector.

Oooh, the projector theory raises its tattered head, just under the wire.

Now where did I put my shotgun.......
post #143 of 378
"OMFG......... the new iMac is a biscuit."

CONFIRMED!!
post #144 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

iPancake

iPANCAKE CONFIRMED!!!
post #145 of 378
At first I thought it was something simple but useful like a small tablet Mac that could dock with a larger display or something along those lines.

But after reading all the hints over and over again, the idea that I can't get out of my mind is some sort of solution to the problem of tiny screens on small devices. So I think it's a small device with a way of creating a larger image, either something like a VR headset or Virtual Boy, or less likely, some sort of unfolding OLED thing, or more likely, something that involves a tiny LED projector onto a table; along the lines of this.

The problem is, a projector gives crap image quality or is totally unusable in well-lit places.

Last I heard, Steve didn't like the idea of "OS X Lite" and wants full functionality in portables. It's clear via the OQO that it's now possible to get the size way down, but I think the OQO has serious usability issues that Apple has somehow addressed.
post #146 of 378
1. Airpost Extreme X2 and X4, with Multiple In, Multiple Out (which I guess means multiple connections to and from 1 comp...doubling or quadrupling speeds, at least theoretically, but not actually). Included in this is iTV, which acts as a hub.

2. Faster Mac Pros (Octos).

3. Quad iMacs (BTO).

4. 30" iMac designed for living room (float=VESA mount standard), Video in. 1920x1080 resolution.

(I originally was hoping the "view will channge as you go fast" hint had to do with iTV automatically adjusting the resolution of the video it serves to your big screen, implying that the iTunes store would offer higher resolution movies. But the "right/wrong" hints EG gave led me to abandon that idea.)

Not included:

5. Apple/Cingular phone (which I'm skeptical of), along with new version of iChat.

6. iLife 07

7. iWork 07 (no spreadsheet).

8. Leopard update.

Let's check afterwards for accuracy.
post #147 of 378
RE iMacs
Quote:

3. you have NO IDEA ! Right.

i think i know, but should i say
after all friend this is now tuesday
your projected thougths have enlightend us
and been a distraction from the usual fuss
if what i think will turn out right
then i predict no sleep tonight

best thread of 2006/2007 nomination

now BRING IT ON!
post #148 of 378
Quote:

Ok, Ok...
Float not fly.

iFly is yesterday's news. Hence, iFloat. CONFIRMED.
Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand. Putts Law
Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand. Putts Law
post #149 of 378
i really hope we get a new imac

cant wait..
"We get quite a few complaints that we don't feature enough affordable cars on the show, so we're kicking off tonight with the cheapest Ferrari of them all" Jeremy Clarkson, on Top Gear
"We get quite a few complaints that we don't feature enough affordable cars on the show, so we're kicking off tonight with the cheapest Ferrari of them all" Jeremy Clarkson, on Top Gear
post #150 of 378
i want an opportunity to spend some of my hard earned on a very cool apple product... i have a feeling that i will be disappointed though.

sure would love a cool apple phone.
post #151 of 378
or an apple hovercraft.
post #152 of 378
steve jobs announces the new itel.... no wait, its not a phone, its... an apple teleportation device. itel. available now.

what?????

this is the temporary insanity forum and i have gone insane.
post #153 of 378
I got a little bird too

Different feather

But I am not a poet like my portuguese bro. I am more direct...

Everybody is talking about iTV... but there are more than one way to spell that!
A name that catches the EYE....

Have a fun keynote everybody!

Cheers
EyeInTheSky
post #154 of 378
Good morning, all!
The new iMac holds all the answers.
Have a nice MacWorld !
post #155 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
post #156 of 378
The new iMac holds all the answers.

detachable screen which is a tablet?
Trying hard to think of a new signature...
Trying hard to think of a new signature...
post #157 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by othello View Post

detachable screen which is a tablet?

CONFIRMED!!

(i love that joke and cannot get enough of it)
post #158 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by krlock View Post

CONFIRMED!!

(i love that joke and cannot get enough of it)

Clearly.

post #159 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageous View Post

Clearly.

CONFIRMED!

(ok its enough now. time to lie down).
post #160 of 378
It makes sense:

1. eyeTV of the 'n'. It's been talked about and previewed some time ago. Apple are including it in their Mac range (the 'n' stuff...)
2. Octo-Toes. A drop in replacement. A chance to show the Mac at the bleeding edge of speed, multicore innovation (a chance to demo' leopard on said beastie?)
3. 'i'Mac. This one. Not too surprising. Bondie Bubble. Arm Lamp. Chin Mac. It makes sense for the 'i' for innovation design Mac to lead the charge to another design. Of all the Macs, this is the Mac that seems to herald a new design every couple of years. So, we get a 'lamp angle arm' chin Mac? Something more flexible than the current stand? But, what else is there to this 'i'Mac than previous ones? Any hardware functionality that ties to OS? Touchscreen?
4. eyePhone. A smart PDA phone pod? Something that fits in your should pocket? Pocket Mac? Mac Nano? Music, media, phone playing?

I can see all four of those and a Leopard preview. With announcements in iWorks and iLife sofware. A new GUI for Leopard demo?

I can't wait.

Lemon Bon Bon

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › A little bird told me