or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › A little bird told me
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A little bird told me - Page 7

post #241 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB View Post

Hmm, because Apple would like more to sell you another iMac in this case than BYOMKAS? Just a guess.

well, of course - but IMHO a lot of people can't justify 2 computers for the home. Think of the extra incentive to go Apple if you can properly share your computer with someone else at home for the price of a screen/keyboard and 'box' to connect?

But still, my technical question is still out there - is there any technical difficulty in doing what I suggest?

Thanks,

David
post #242 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMac David View Post

But still, my technical question is still out there - is there any technical difficulty in doing what I suggest?

Yes, your question is a valid one. As far as I know, there is no way to have in OS X two login sessions running at the same time on the same machine through separate monitors. This is a technical limitation and concerns the native Aqua environment. Fast User Switch is a way to partially alleviate this problem. I would bet however that you can have this functionality in X11 sessions, I don't know though how to set it up.
post #243 of 378
after seeing the colorful iPod shuffle, iMac will get color next?

It will be nice with different colors, White is kinda too dull after long time ...

1) Colorful iMac
2) Chinless iMac
3) some form of Alu
4) and good specs

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Reply

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Reply
post #244 of 378
I'd like to see Apple push the envelope again with the new iMac.

This will be the first post PPC/Intel transition iMac and I'm hoping for something really special.

I'd like to see a Intel's consumer Quad core in there. Running at 2.4 gig would be nice. For the 24 inch model... I'd like to see the display go chinless and alu'. And a 8800 Nvidia variant lower power GPU. You'd have a nice rig with that. 2 gigs of ram on the top model. Colour annodized to match the shuffles woud hark back to the original iMac...

I'd like to see them push the price bracket down further from 675 pounds to 595 pounds inc VAT.

Lemon Bon Bon.

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

 

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

Reply

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

 

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

Reply
post #245 of 378
Thread Starter 
Take a VERY BIG NOTICE on Jobs words (in the just released open letter) about DRM free music !!
It will shape a LOT of things to emerge soon...

Are we excited yet ?

PS: Question: How can DRM have anything to do with Macs ?????????????????
post #246 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by philbot View Post

but...

the iMac is...

Portable - wireless screen?




The veracity of your claims is impossible to determine, without an elevator involved.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
post #247 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by European guy View Post

Take a VERY BIG NOTICE on Jobs words (in the just released open letter) about DRM free music !!
It will shape a LOT of things to emerge soon...

Are we excited yet ?

PS: Question: How can DRM have anything to do with Macs ?????????????????

Macs are currently the storehouse for all iTunes downloads. If music labels and movie studios can get past the stupid DRM thing, Apple could greatly increase the number of available music and movie titles on the iTunes store.

I'd like to be able to download music, TV shows and movies directly from an ?TV and have them stream directly to an HDTV. The Mac can be used to set up the account but once that's done, you should be able to buy stuff from your couch. There should also be a rental model for movies such that a rental would stream to your TV for viewing, stay on the ?TV HD for a set period of time and then disappear.
post #248 of 378
Much as I would love to believe you, I don't think SJ's statement has anything to do with changes in Apple's policy. I think they are just putting the ball (and blame) into the recdord companies' court.

They are simply telling the EU, consumers, other regulators etc that they would happily drop DRM tomorrow if they music industry let them. It is also a shot across the bows of the film industry, who by all accounts want even more stringent DRM than the music industry pimps ('cos that's what they all are). Universal want a cut of every iPod as well as evry film. and they want draconian DRM as well. Apple's simply making public the argument (that's obviously failed in private) "Ha! Do you really think we're going to let you get away with that? And do you really think we're gonna take the blame when we lose a restrictive practices case in the EU?

Apple's brand has been hurt more than any over the music DRM fiasco, even though it was insisted upon by the music industry. Apple are going public as (the consumer's friend" to strenghten their negotiating hand.
post #249 of 378
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutemartin View Post

Much as I would love to believe you, I don't think SJ's statement has anything to do with changes in Apple's policy. I think they are just putting the ball (and blame) into the recdord companies' court.

They are simply telling the EU, consumers, other regulators etc that they would happily drop DRM tomorrow if they music industry let them. It is also a shot across the bows of the film industry, who by all accounts want even more stringent DRM than the music industry pimps ('cos that's what they all are). Universal want a cut of every iPod as well as evry film. and they want draconian DRM as well. Apple's simply making public the argument (that's obviously failed in private) "Ha! Do you really think we're going to let you get away with that? And do you really think we're gonna take the blame when we lose a restrictive practices case in the EU?

Apple's brand has been hurt more than any over the music DRM fiasco, even though it was insisted upon by the music industry. Apple are going public as (the consumer's friend" to strenghten their negotiating hand.

Well, Jobs words are multidirectional shots.
On one hand, he plainly states that DRM is a Label-Owned-Tech and not Apple's.
On the other hand it points, together with the iPhone to a very significant paradigm change in tech. You see in the last 5 years tech had a tremendous boost that only landed the power on the 3 biggest industries that benefited from it.

1- Music Industry
2- Video Industry ( not movies , yet)
3- Cellphone operators.

For me, the biggest greedy bastards in the world ate BY FAR, the cellphone operators ( I should know...) They artificially jack up prices, distort terminal prices, often blaming the imcumbent networks, but really they are the Devil on Earth.

Apple has created something with the Music Industry to serve as an example for consumer awareness and future expectations.
Apple said " Let us show you how cool and simple enjoying Music is "...2 years later everyone and their mother are crying DRM (not ipods or Apple) should be killed... Supose it is ? What's left ? Apple's elegant players and Jukebox/Online Distribution. BINGO.
Do , we consumers , care ? I do.

Now let's enter another industry. Apple again makes the coolest, most elegant, well thought out tech and sells it to consumers. Everyone loves it BUT AS ALWAYS, the price setters ( cellphone operators,) willl find even MORE DEVIOUS WAYS to get your money...

Want more proof ?
Everyone in the world still pays internet "traffic" ,LOL, and per minute usage. Guess they learned something from the cellular crooks.
The telephone is a hundred years ols and now it's the single MOST EXPENSIVE commodiy in the planet.
Cellphone operators are now the criminals who fight every second of their pathetic professional lives to keep the paradigm of "AIRTIME" billable.
I hope DRM goes away, I hope iPhone cost 500 USD or even more.And most of all I hope WiMAX to come sooner rather than later and my iPhone will switch to that.
I for one like to pay for the tech I use...
post #250 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Bon Bon. View Post

I'd like to see Apple push the envelope again with the new iMac.

This will be the first post PPC/Intel transition iMac and I'm hoping for something really special.

I'd like to see a Intel's consumer Quad core in there. Running at 2.4 gig would be nice. For the 24 inch model... I'd like to see the display go chinless and alu'. And a 8800 Nvidia variant lower power GPU. You'd have a nice rig with that. 2 gigs of ram on the top model. Colour annodized to match the shuffles woud hark back to the original iMac...

I'd like to see them push the price bracket down further from 675 pounds to 595 pounds inc VAT.

Lemon Bon Bon.

I like that specs

That will be cool, Quad Core!, how much is that, $999? not sure, could be expensive for iMac...

Why was black color left out of Shuffle? going to be get rid from Nano as well?

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Reply

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Reply
post #251 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Bon Bon. View Post

I'd like to see a Intel's consumer Quad core in there.

Is not prohibitively expensive for the iMac class and for an already expensive consumer model (24")? Anyone knows what is the price difference between the dual and the quad core chips? Somehow I feel this is not going to happen just because of cost considerations.
post #252 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by European guy View Post

Take a VERY BIG NOTICE on Jobs words (in the just released open letter) about DRM free music !!
It will shape a LOT of things to emerge soon...

Are we excited yet ?

No. What this has to do with the iMac? I see nothing. Or we do talk about something else?
post #253 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

The veracity of your claims is impossible to determine, without an elevator involved.

Ha ha

I'm making plastics right now!
==================================
"It's Happening. Fact."

Ilann Hepworth.
Reply
==================================
"It's Happening. Fact."

Ilann Hepworth.
Reply
post #254 of 378
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB View Post

No. What this has to do with the iMac? I see nothing. Or we do talk about something else?

Hmmm... we MIGHT be talking about something else.
But still the iMac used to be the HUB of your digital life. Next one will be more of a GIGASWITCH at that. As I said before expect something very different...
post #255 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by European guy View Post

But still the iMac used to be the HUB of your digital life. Next one will be more of a GIGASWITCH at that.

May I ask, what is a GIGASWITCH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by European guy View Post

As I said before expect something very different...

OK, let's say I believe you. I don't ask for details. Just two things: do you have from your source a clear picture of the hardware and when one can expect it? Or more vaguely, before or after Leopard's release?
post #256 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by European guy View Post

Hmmm... we MIGHT be talking about something else.
But still the iMac used to be the HUB of your digital life. Next one will be more of a GIGASWITCH at that. As I said before expect something very different...

Oh man, someone is setting himself up to be ROLOed big time if his vague rumors turn out to be no more than just that....

Moreover I'm very curious what kind of "little bird" finds his way from Cupertino to Portugal
For now iThink it's just the iDodo
post #257 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB View Post

May I ask, what is a GIGASWITCH?

Gigaswitch is the missing piece that has held up Gigawire all these years.
When they said "Think Different", I ran with it.
Reply
When they said "Think Different", I ran with it.
Reply
post #258 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by murk View Post

Gigaswitch is the missing piece that has held up Gigawire all these years.

Ah, thanks, I see now!
post #259 of 378
Thread Starter 
[QUOTE=PB;1039467OK, let's say I believe you. I don't ask for details. Just two things: do you have from your source a clear picture of the hardware and when one can expect it? Or more vaguely, before or after Leopard's release?[/QUOTE]

No, not a clear picture, sorry.
I have been completely transparent on the info I have.
As this is no secret, I was told to expect a very different iMac on the next iteration. I have some personal reasons to believe this info to be true, but, truth be said, absolutely to factual evidence on it. It should be no hard prediction to expect something evolutive on the iMac, but "little bird" said, more than once, to expect a more "radical" approach.

Tis what I know , and nothing less.
As for me being wrong, no problem. Messengers get killed all the time.

As for Leopard, absolutely no info...
post #260 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by European guy View Post

No, not a clear picture, sorry.
I have been completely transparent on the info I have.
As this is no secret, I was told to expect a very different iMac on the next iteration. I have some personal reasons to believe this info to be true, but, truth be said, absolutely to factual evidence on it. It should be no hard prediction to expect something evolutive on the iMac, but "little bird" said, more than once, to expect a more "radical" approach.

Tis what I know , and nothing less.
As for me being wrong, no problem. Messengers get killed all the time.

As for Leopard, absolutely no info...

OK, thanks, this clears up some things.
post #261 of 378
Any time frame you know of for the iMac update?
post #262 of 378
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenacres View Post

Any time frame you know of for the iMac update?

Hmmm... APPARENTLY, MacWorld was supposed to see its introduction...
Based on that, I am inclined to think that it will be released with Leopard, but that's just me.
My reasoning is that Leopard will introduce a LOT of power-hungry services, some not yet known, that would justify the iMac "radical" upgrade. I am talking about the CORE Audio/Video/Animation as well as a unmentioned goodie ( Jobs mentioned secret features). IMHO, this will be a very evolved (CORE FEATURES) Finder and brand new GUI. For me this is the most plausible SECRET we will see surface with Leopard. 8)
post #263 of 378
Cool, thanks for the info - this sounds exciting!
post #264 of 378
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB View Post

May I ask, what is a GIGASWITCH?

A Switch is a network device that isolates network branches thus multiplying he available theoretical bandwidth for N times(N being the number of connected stations) (up to the modulation limit) in a CSMA/CD medium access protocol like 802.3 for example.

A hub just provides medium access in a CAT5 type cabling network.
post #265 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by European guy View Post

Hmmm... APPARENTLY, MacWorld was supposed to see its introduction...
Based on that, I am inclined to think that it will be released with Leopard, but that's just me.
My reasoning is that Leopard will introduce a LOT of power-hungry services, some not yet known, that would justify the iMac "radical" upgrade. I am talking about the CORE Audio/Video/Animation as well as a unmentioned goodie ( Jobs mentioned secret features). IMHO, this will be a very evolved (CORE FEATURES) Finder and brand new GUI. For me this is the most plausible SECRET we will see surface with Leopard. 8)

if the iMac is that different, then it makes sense that it will rely on Leopard technology (just as it makes sense that iphone uses Leopard not Tiger). It also makes sense that if Leopard has great new stuff, the iMac is the computer they would showcase it on first (it is the figurehead system). it is very possible, if not even probable, that Leopard will include features which will not work on earlier machines (we know about Multi-touch etc, but more importantly, read between the lines of their Vista ads, they have been VERY quiet about the need for most people to upgrade their PCs.)

Going back to EG's (can I call you EG, or would you prefer Euro? ) comments about DRM, together with other rumours I have heard, just as vague, about inter-operability, a couple of ideas strike me.
1) Windows software will run under Rosetta.
2) Apple's file-viewing apps (Preview, Quicktime) will be able to open just about every file type you can think of (developed for the iPhone as well, of course)
3) iLife 07 will include a poem-compositing tool
post #266 of 378
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutemartin View Post

if the iMac is that different, then it makes sense that it will rely on Leopard technology (just as it makes sense that iphone uses Leopard not Tiger). It also makes sense that if Leopard has great new stuff, the iMac is the computer they would showcase it on first (it is the figurehead system). it is very possible, if not even probable, that Leopard will include features which will not work on earlier machines (we know about Multi-touch etc, but more importantly, read between the lines of their Vista ads, they have been VERY quiet about the need for most people to upgrade their PCs.)

Going back to EG's (can I call you EG, or would you prefer Euro? ) comments about DRM, together with other rumours I have heard, just as vague, about inter-operability, a couple of ideas strike me.
1) Windows software will run under Rosetta.
2) Apple's file-viewing apps (Preview, Quicktime) will be able to open just about every file type you can think of (developed for the iPhone as well, of course)
3) iLife 07 will include a poem-compositing tool

Interesting points...

- As I said too, I think we should not exclude some Leopard specific features running a full force on the new iMac, although defaulting to JUST running on older hardware.
Again, this is just MY speculation, but if little bird mentioned radical I'm thinking RADICAL in terms of graphics perfomance on the new iMac. Whether this would be multi core GPUs or multicore CPUs it remains to be seen.
Of course, the "spilled beans" point mainly to different form factors and hardware features/functionality/gadgtery.

- You can call me Euro ( I'm a APPL stockholder too )

- Again, new software, namely iWork, iLife and the new apps will need a lot of power. I think they will showcase , better than before, the SECRET aspect of the new OS and the RADICAL approach taken on the upcoming iMac.

Here's to wishful thinking.
post #267 of 378
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch pear View Post

Moreover I'm very curious what kind of "little bird" finds his way from Cupertino to Portugal

Portugal is much bigger than its borders.
post #268 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutemartin View Post

if the iMac is that different, then it makes sense that it will rely on Leopard technology (just as it makes sense that iphone uses Leopard not Tiger).

Sorry, it doesn't. Just think about it: you are saying that hardware (iMac) will rely on software (Leopard technology). If anything, it is software that relies on certain hardware, not the other way round. Oh, and what do you mean when you say the iPhone uses Leopard?
Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand. Putts Law
Reply
Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand. Putts Law
Reply
post #269 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by costique View Post

Sorry, it doesn't. Just think about it: you are saying that hardware (iMac) will rely on software (Leopard technology). If anything, it is software that relies on certain hardware, not the other way round. Oh, and what do you mean when you say the iPhone uses Leopard?

Hardware and software go hand in hand, of course. There's not a lot of point in having, say, a touchscreen if you don't have software to support it. Nor is there much point having the software if you haven't got the touchscreen!

What I was trying to say (admittedly not very clearly ) was that if, as has been claimed, the new iMac will be radically different (for example if it had a touch screen) then it will require software support that is not present in Tiger (AFAIK), but would presumably be present in the up-coming Leopard. Hence such a radically new iMac is unlikely to be launched before Leopard.
post #270 of 378
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by costique View Post

Sorry, it doesn't. Just think about it: you are saying that hardware (iMac) will rely on software (Leopard technology). If anything, it is software that relies on certain hardware, not the other way round. Oh, and what do you mean when you say the iPhone uses Leopard?



All I can say is this:

Steve Jobs posted a slide in MacWorld that read
' If you are serious about software you should make your own hardware"
This a VERY powerfull statement. Now , think about Leopard...
post #271 of 378
Hmm, to be ROLOed. That means being pummeled on this message board for trying to share a rumor that didn't pan out.

All too often, people come on here and knowingly spread false rumors. The deserve to be ill-treated. Sometimes, though, a well-meaning chap will post a rumor with nothing but good intentions. If the rumor turns out to not be true, the barbs start flying with vicious vengeance. Not fair.

As it turns out, the rumor about the Apple TV turned out to be mostly true but the timing was off. Everything about the rumor was true except for the flat panel TV part (except Apple will be showing off its new ?TV with a 40" LCD TV like the Sony Bravia).

Good luck, European Guy.
post #272 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by European guy View Post

All I can say is this:

Steve Jobs posted a slide in MacWorld that read
' If you are serious about software you should make your own hardware"
This a VERY powerfull statement. Now , think about Leopard...

Aha! So, Apple is making a real time machine!! It is due to be completed in 2017, but will be released next week. Steve Jobs is not worried about the backdating scandal because the options weren't really back-dated, they were approved by the shareholders 40 years from now.

European Guy knows all this because he is in fact Jobs' great-great grandson, and the little bird is actually a dinosaur.
post #273 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by European guy View Post

Interesting points...

- As I said too, I think we should not exclude some Leopard specific features running a full force on the new iMac, although defaulting to JUST running on older hardware.
Again, this is just MY speculation, but if little bird mentioned radical I'm thinking RADICAL in terms of graphics perfomance on the new iMac. Whether this would be multi core GPUs or multicore CPUs it remains to be seen.
Of course, the "spilled beans" point mainly to different form factors and hardware features/functionality/gadgtery.

- You can call me Euro ( I'm a APPL stockholder too )

- Again, new software, namely iWork, iLife and the new apps will need a lot of power. I think they will showcase , better than before, the SECRET aspect of the new OS and the RADICAL approach taken on the upcoming iMac.

Here's to wishful thinking.

Someone on this board mentioned Time Machine needing a second HD. Is it possible that new iMacs will have a second drive option? That would fit with the idea of needing new iMacs to run parts of Leopard. As far as having the power to run Leopard, that's exactly what Microsoft did with Vista. They created a super hungry OS that most folks said you need a very new system to run.
post #274 of 378
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post

Hmm, to be ROLOed. That means being pummeled on this message board for trying to share a rumor that didn't pan out.

All too often, people come on here and knowingly spread false rumors. The deserve to be ill-treated. Sometimes, though, a well-meaning chap will post a rumor with nothing but good intentions. If the rumor turns out to not be true, the barbs start flying with vicious vengeance. Not fair.

As it turns out, the rumor about the Apple TV turned out to be mostly true but the timing was off. Everything about the rumor was true except for the flat panel TV part (except Apple will be showing off its new ?TV with a 40" LCD TV like the Sony Bravia).

Good luck, European Guy.

I thought your rumour was, actually, right on the money, but, people seem to forget that a rumour is just that, hearsay or comments from a more or less reliable source.
I am not claiming that my source is better than anyone's imagination. but, people talk, and even a well informed source can be wrong. The little bird thread was created because.

- My source is well informed.
- It is a long time friend that deserves MY credibility.
- It was passed along to me with almost a "riddle like" tone just like I posted here.
- I believe it.

That said, one can almost "predict" any Apple product in the pipeline. Pure reasoning alone would indicate Apple's line of computers are well in need of a "leap forward" in comparison with the PC competitors. Better said, PC competitors are all crying for new Apple products to get any ideas and start copying... Remember, any Mac is now "a PC" from a hardware standpoint.So differentiation is called not only in Leopard but in hardware too.

I still think the new iMac will indeed be a very cool and new machine and not just a minor evolution. We shall see...
post #275 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by European guy View Post


That said, one can almost "predict" any Apple product in the pipeline. Pure reasoning alone would indicate Apple's line of computers are well in need of a "leap forward" in comparison with the PC competitors. Better said, PC competitors are all crying for new Apple products to get any ideas and start copying... Remember, any Mac is now "a PC" from a hardware standpoint.So differentiation is called not only in Leopard but in hardware too.

I still think the new iMac will indeed be a very cool and new machine and not just a minor evolution. We shall see...

I think this is a great argument for the new iMac. The PC manufacturers are (sort of) catching up with the design of Apples flagship computer; including that (messy) new touch screen machine (from HP?) that Microsoft is touting as the perfect compliment to Vista.

I should imagine Apple is working on (what I shall call) Phase 2 of the Intel strategy and that must include new designs/features. Phase 1 was the evolutionary step that showed people that the Mac is still a Mac (with Intel inside). Now we should be expecting a move to Phase 2 with Leopard, New Quad Core Intel Chips and New Features/Designs. This should start happening in the second half of the year (first phase 2 machine could be released at WWDC).

I hope we start to see some really cool innovations as listed in the tons of patents published in the last 18-36 months.

* Enclosures that change or manipulate light and/or color (in one of the patents i seem to recall)

* Multi-Touch

* iSight cameras built/blended into the screen (not the bezel)

* Magsafe and Magnetic Latch for MacBook Pro

* Motion Sensors, LED Screens, GPS

5-8" MultiTouch Mini Tablet would go down a treat if you're reading!
Reply
5-8" MultiTouch Mini Tablet would go down a treat if you're reading!
Reply
post #276 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post

except Apple will be showing off its new ?TV with a 40" LCD TV like the Sony Bravia).

wow, people still think Apple will make TV's.
Very, Very unlikely to happen, just like Apple will make again printers and digital cameras.
MacPro 12 core
30" & 23" Apple Cinema HD Displays
PowerBook G4 550, MacBook Pro 2.2
Ipod 1G and 5G, Shuffle 2G, iPhone 3G
Reply
MacPro 12 core
30" & 23" Apple Cinema HD Displays
PowerBook G4 550, MacBook Pro 2.2
Ipod 1G and 5G, Shuffle 2G, iPhone 3G
Reply
post #277 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by European guy View Post

I thought your rumour was, actually, right on the money, but, people seem to forget that a rumour is just that, hearsay or comments from a more or less reliable source.

Rolo didn't pass a rumor, he passed off faked, made-up product specs as a "leaked" scoop. Suckered in O'Grady too! I would say more but it really doesn't need to be dug into in depth all over again.
.
Reply
.
Reply
post #278 of 378
Thread Starter 
Straight from the dead bird beak :
"Release of something is eminent "
post #279 of 378
Beatles on iTunes?

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Reply

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Reply
post #280 of 378
Dell optiplex harddisk upgrades?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › A little bird told me