or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › A little bird told me

A little bird told me - Page 9

post #321 of 378
The countdown is on. 8)
post #322 of 378
Right. Except if we don't know when the countdown ends and for what you can just yell "zero, here it is!" as soon as something gets released.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just lacks a certain savior faire.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #323 of 378
The countdown has been on since the last update to the hardware/software you are looking at...but more specifically since January 1 for this year.
post #324 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by European guy View Post

The countdown is on. 8)

Intel just announced 50 watt quad core Xeons. Those could go inside the iMac. A quad core iMac would be impressive but an eight core one would be unbelievable.
post #325 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by kukito View Post

Intel just announced 50 watt quad core Xeons. Those could go inside the iMac. A quad core iMac would be impressive but an eight core one would be unbelievable.

What is this obsession with multiple cores...relax...theyre coming...
post #326 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Right. Except if we don't know when the countdown ends and for what you can just yell "zero, here it is!" as soon as something gets released.

Yeah, you know, this countdown is from the safe ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just lacks a certain savior faire.

"Savoir faire" perhaps?
post #327 of 378
Quote:

What is this obsession with multiple cores...relax...theyre coming...

Are coming who? Not them from RtCW I hope.
post #328 of 378
Quote:

The countdown is on. 8)

Oh the excitement is just unbearable...

"Too much of a good thing is great." Mae West
post #329 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by kukito View Post

You mean unbelievably good at starting fires
post #330 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by donebylee View Post

It is you or a computer that would do the countdown?
post #331 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychodoughboy View Post

You mean unbelievably good at starting fires

Right. The iMac cannot get the quads that are available today. Not without major re-engineering at least.
post #332 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB View Post

It is you or a computer that would do the countdown?

I use iBotCount for all my breathlessly counting down needs. I have other things to do after all.

Like work.

post #333 of 378
Quote:

I use iBotCount for all my breathlessly counting down needs. I have other things to do after all.

Like work.

Good. Now make us a favor and put this iBotCount to run at the clock speed of your computer.
post #334 of 378
Core 2 Conroe has lots to offer, forget about Quad Cores, when this Dual Core Conroe will be in iMac??? ofcoures it is Q3 2007

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=6484

Intel Core 2 Duo

Model Core Frequency L2 Cache FSB Q3'07Pricing
E6850 3.00 GHz 4MB 1333 MHz $266
E6750 2.66 GHz 4MB 1333 MHz $183
E6550 2.33 GHz 4MB 1333 MHz $163
E6540 2.33 GHz 4MB 1333 MHz $163

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #335 of 378
Quote:

Hey, how is the countdown going on? Are we below 900,000,000
post #336 of 378
Quote:

Yeah, you know, this countdown is from the safe ones.

"Savoir faire" perhaps?

Hmmm.....perhaps I've inadvertently coined a new catch phrase. "Savior Faire", the untouchable cool of the messiah.
post #337 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post

Hey, how is the countdown going on? Are we below 900,000,000

Oh the fun just keeps coming and coming.....

Happy Spring 1st everyone
post #338 of 378
I am officially pissed at little bird !
post #339 of 378
Quote:

Care to elaborate? It is not quite clear what you do mean.
post #340 of 378
Quote:

Care to elaborate? It is not quite clear what you do mean.

Maybe that Tuesday's come and gone ??
post #341 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by physguy View Post

Maybe that Tuesday's come and gone ??

Perhaps. But it is up to him to speak.
post #342 of 378
I think little bird has been shot by a Portuguese hunter.
MacPro 12 core
30" & 23" Apple Cinema HD Displays
PowerBook G4 550, MacBook Pro 2.2
Ipod 1G and 5G, Shuffle 2G, iPhone 3G
MacPro 12 core
30" & 23" Apple Cinema HD Displays
PowerBook G4 550, MacBook Pro 2.2
Ipod 1G and 5G, Shuffle 2G, iPhone 3G
post #343 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by gugy View Post

I think little bird has been shot by a Portuguese hunter.

Presumably a very good one to shoot little birds in the air.
post #344 of 378
Quote:

Please, please help us know why.
post #345 of 378
bump because i still want answers/clarification, haha
post #346 of 378
Quote:

Quote:

Oh the fun just keeps coming and coming.....

Happy Spring 1st everyone

Shutdown the counter today. No longer seems to be any point.

Dead...dead....

....dead....

post #347 of 378
Another Tuesday/Wednesday gone, no Mac mini in the horizon. nothing. Apple looks like a boiler on the fire with its cap firmly closed.
post #348 of 378
Looks like we're not going to get anything untill NAB.. if we are lucky. I really hope things don't drag out untill WWDC 07.
post #349 of 378
Ha, "little bird" played you like a cheap accordian.

There'll be a new Mac in the next four weeks - I don't see how there can't be, to be honest.
post #350 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Democaster. View Post

Ha, "little bird" played you like a cheap accordian.

There'll be a new Mac in the next four weeks - I don't see how there can't be, to be honest.

Looks like even this didn't happen what happened, European Guy?
post #351 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychodoughboy View Post

Looks like even this didn't happen what happened, European Guy?

I think nothing more than the obvious: Apple is waiting for new technology from Intel (Santa Rosa) to update its mobile-based lines (yes, iMac included). The absence of updates, if it is related to SR as I assume, would be an indication that the new iMac is still going to use mobile components. And probably in an unchanged form factor for the next update.
post #352 of 378
Quote:

I think nothing more than the obvious: Apple is waiting for new technology from Intel (Santa Rosa) to update its mobile-based lines (yes, iMac included). The absence of updates, if it is related to SR as I assume, would be an indication that the new iMac is still going to use mobile components. And probably in an unchanged form factor for the next update.

According to
HTML Code:
http://www.crn.com/hardware/198800224
, the SantaRosa/CentrinoPro platform will start to be rolled out in less than two weeks. It's anyone's guess as to when Apple will release its machines based on the platform, though.
post #353 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrier Wave View Post

According to
HTML Code:
http://www.crn.com/hardware/198800224
, the SantaRosa/CentrinoPro platform will start to be rolled out in less than two weeks. It's anyone's guess as to when Apple will release its machines based on the platform, though.

Expect anything between some weeks to 2-3 months from then. I am inclined to believe it will take for Apple one month or so to start updating. By WWDC or a little after we may have new machines.
post #354 of 378
Quote:

Expect anything between some weeks to 2-3 months from then. I am inclined to believe it will take for Apple one month or so to start updating. By WWDC or a little after we may have new machines.

if new design, new enclosure, it will take until WWDC.

if no design changes, we may see ASAP once Centrino Pro available from intel. Apple doing good at this quarter, it should be incorporated into their iMac and macbook, pro lines soon.

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #355 of 378
A Four core iMac with the ability to put more than 4Gig of Ram inside and I'm sold
I don't see how an anti M$ stance can be seen as a bad thing on an Apple forum I really can't!

nagromme - According to Amazon: "SpongBob Typing Tutor" is outselling Windows
I don't see how an anti M$ stance can be seen as a bad thing on an Apple forum I really can't!

post #356 of 378
Network problems = Double post = Sorry

post #357 of 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

A Four core iMac with the ability to put more than 4Gig of Ram inside and I'm sold

Next year perhaps. Unless Apple changes drastically the trend.
post #358 of 378
Can anyone remember when we had a nice, interesting rumour about new Computer hardware? Before, it was all iPod, now it's all iPhone.
post #359 of 378
Quote:

Next year perhaps. Unless Apple changes drastically the trend.

With mobile 4 core intel chips, I believe slated for release in 3Q 2007 I would be hopeful to see them in iMacs at LEAST in Macworld 2008, wouldn't you?

Of course one can never tell with Apple.

Edited to add :- It has come to my attention that this remark about the release of the quad core chips is wrong, please accept my apologies. I leave this post as is, so as not to cause confusion while reading the thread

post #360 of 378
I was thinking of buying my first Mac back in August. Then they announced the new 24" iMacs, so thought I'd wait a bit until all the bugs were worked out. Then, as the Holidays approached, it seemed like a good idea to wait until Leopard was released, at the time the rumor was early '07. Then Spring '07. I'm getting a little impatient as I'm still using an old Dell 933mhz PIII, putting off moving it to work so I can use it there for my business, and buying a new Mac for home where I can finally start editing my MiniDV home movies (old Dell too s l o w). Then, rumor of new Macs being put off till June for new awsome "must have" type innovative hardware upgrade. Now you say Q3 before anything new? WTF! I hope that's just part of the rumor mill too, and that we do see something in June, otherwise I'm inclined to write Apple off as a fine producer of Vaporware and buy a Windows laptop. I really want to buy a Mac, but I can't wait till Q3. I also hate the thought of spending money on a Windows laptop to get me to tided over till Apple gets around to it. And I'm not going to buy a Mac now with it soooo close (?) to new hardware. I'm going to give them till June to at least have a concrete announcement, and then forget it.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › A little bird told me