or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › MacMinute claims to have new iMac info/photo.

MacMinute claims to have new iMac info/photo.

post #1 of 224
<a href="http://www.macminute.com/" target="_blank">http://www.macminute.com/</a>

[quote]
BREAKING NEWS: New iMac revealed
January 6 - 22:30 ET: Apple's new iMac, set to be announced tomorrow at Macworld Expo, is featured on the cover of the January 7 issue of Time magazine. MacMinute obtained a copy of the issue and will bringing you details momentarily.
<hr></blockquote>
post #2 of 224
Oh my dear lord!
post #3 of 224
DAMN! You beat me to it. Glad I refreshed the paghe at least. Oh, the scruples. Do I really want a spoiler at this point? Perhaps I should go to bed now -- and never sleep a wink. :confused:

DOUBLE DAMN! I couldn't even make the first response to this thread!

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: BuonRotto ]</p>
post #4 of 224
[quote]Originally posted by SkullMac:
<strong><a href="http://www.macminute.com/" target="_blank">http://www.macminute.com/</a>

</strong><hr></blockquote>

My gosh you're fast... I had this in my paste buffer..... January 6 - 22:30 ET: Apple's new iMac, set to be announced tomorrow at Macworld Expo, is featured on the cover of the January 7 issue of Time magazine. MacMinute obtained a copy of the issue and will bringing you details momentarily

Sorry didn't wanna waste it...

Update:

Apple's new iMac, set to be announced tomorrow at Macworld Expo, is featured on the cover of the January 7 issue of Time magazine, which MacMinute has obtained. The new iMac features a hemisphere base with a chrome arm that extends and holds the 15-inch flat panel display. The high-end model will feature a SuperDrive. Also revealed in the article are details of Apple's iPhoto software, which will allow users to easily create photo albums from their digital cameras. Users will also be able to create a 10-page photo album of their images, which Apple print and collate into a hardcover album for about US$30. More details to follow...

Dave

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: DaveGee ]</p>
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
post #5 of 224
Could that "TIME" be at a newstand already. They probably got a exclusive story if the thing wasn't to hit news stands untill tommorow. If so I'm off to the local international presse.
IBL!
IBL!
post #6 of 224
yee-hah! gimme gimme gimme pics!

SdC
My signature irritates people. However, my cat can still jump a watermelon, and the Apollo is the next chip coming to the Powermac line. Although, at this point, I'd believe that Cyrix is the next...
My signature irritates people. However, my cat can still jump a watermelon, and the Apollo is the next chip coming to the Powermac line. Although, at this point, I'd believe that Cyrix is the next...
post #7 of 224
So it *does* have a swivel arm. Cool.

Okay, I don't want photos I don't think; I want to be at least pretty surprised tomorrow.

High-end has Superdrive == G4 ??
--
--
post #8 of 224
Hmm... hemisphere sound familiar to anyone else here?
post #9 of 224
[quote]Originally posted by DaveGee:
<strong>

My gosh you're fast... I had this in my paste buffer..... January 6 - 22:30 ET: Apple's new iMac, set to be announced tomorrow at Macworld Expo, is featured on the cover of the January 7 issue of Time magazine. MacMinute obtained a copy of the issue and will bringing you details momentarily

Sorry didn't wanna waste it...

Dave</strong><hr></blockquote>

I got lucky I suppose. I just got back to my dorm and happened to check MacMin. I came here and saw no topic about it (yet).

I dunno. I kinda want to wait till tomorrow to see it, but part of me feels like there will be more than the new iMac at tomorrow's expo. Even if there isn't, Steve's RDF will make the unveiling seem like I'd never seen the product before.
post #10 of 224

if this if correct (superdrive!!!), my credit card will be used tomorrow for sure!!! g

dang..no sleep now...
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
post #11 of 224
Anyone want to sketch what this thing might look like!?

I'm betting we'll see similarities between the iMac, and the 25th Anniversary Mac.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: erbium ]</p>
MacBook Pro C2D 2.16GHz, 15" Matte, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, iPod nano 2GB Black.
MacBook Pro C2D 2.16GHz, 15" Matte, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, iPod nano 2GB Black.
post #12 of 224
TIME did this for the seway too!

but front page??? the imac??
post #13 of 224
This description fits in well with the Naked Mole Rat's info posted long ago. The speakers were supposedly codenamed "orbit" which makes sense here while the new mouse and keyboard were codenamed "click" and "clack" respectively. If this thing has a superdrive than at least one configuration will sport a G4, right? Please?
Stuck in an infinite loop waiting for an Apple PDA...

apple.otaku
Stuck in an infinite loop waiting for an Apple PDA...

apple.otaku
post #14 of 224
I said it would have a superdrive all along.

SO DID MASTERGATEING!
post #15 of 224
The night before "It" or "Ginger" was going to be revealed, Time had a detailed article with pictures on their website. It ruined the surprise but it was still lots of fun.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: David R ]</p>
post #16 of 224
[quote]Originally posted by TCO:
<strong>Hmm... hemisphere sound familiar to anyone else here?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Not really. Please refresh my memory. Thanks.
post #17 of 224
Oh my god.

Superdrive.

Me=Happy

post #18 of 224
Dang, dang, wow. I cannot wait to see the photo, and hope it is not a fake.. But, I would hope this is not ALL that Apple is announcing tommorow. (Or their big thing)
1 Peter 1:6-7
Powerbook G4 12" 1.33ghz, 60gig hd, 1.25 gigs ram.

Powermac G4 "Sawtooth" 400 mhz, 80gig hd, 384mb of ram, Rage 128 Pro graphics.
1 Peter 1:6-7
Powerbook G4 12" 1.33ghz, 60gig hd, 1.25 gigs ram.

Powermac G4 "Sawtooth" 400 mhz, 80gig hd, 384mb of ram, Rage 128 Pro graphics.
post #19 of 224
[quote]Originally posted by DaveGee:
<strong>Apple's new iMac, set to be announced tomorrow at Macworld Expo, is featured on the cover of the January 7 issue of Time magazine, which MacMinute has obtained. The new iMac features a hemisphere base with a chrome arm that extends and holds the 15-inch flat panel display. The high-end model will feature a SuperDrive. Also revealed in the article are details of Apple's iPhoto software, which will allow users to easily create photo albums from their digital cameras. Users will also be able to create a 10-page photo album of their images, which Apple print and collate into a hardcover album for about US$30. More details to follow...[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: DaveGee ]</strong><hr></blockquote>
Well, that settles it. SpyMac is full of crap (then again, who was surprised). Of course, a G4 iMac *is* way beyond most rumor sites (and a 15" LCD is beyond SpyMac).
post #20 of 224
It was updated slightly again, it says G4.
post #21 of 224
Hey, there's NO proof yet. They're probably just doing a 'Spymac'
Yeyeth! Thenk the Loyd!
Yeyeth! Thenk the Loyd!
post #22 of 224
Here's my rough sketch of how a flatpanel iMac with a bulbous base and a swiveling screen might look:

<a href="http://www.mosr.com/i/flatimac.gif" target="_blank">http://www.mosr.com/i/flatimac.gif</a>

--
--
post #23 of 224
PICTURES please. Now everybody go out into the world (aka. the Internet) and bring to me pictures of the one called "iMacII". Now off you go. NOW.
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #24 of 224
$1,800

AMAZING!

I GUESS THAT MEASN PM L:NE GETS ALL SUPERDRIVES!
post #25 of 224
G4 too!!!

dang, how reliable is this site??? plus, with all the people having to keep the iMac a secret (designers, production people, shippers, box makers, etc....would apple also add Time magazine personal to mix and really hope to keep this secret??? of course, apple would love the free press Time offers...so who knows....bring on the photos!!!) g
post #26 of 224
If it's not bogus, Jobs will be PISSED.
post #27 of 224
please, no one post the photo here when they post it at their website. I hate when the surprise is ruined and don't want to have to stop reading the boards tonight
post #28 of 224
[quote]Originally posted by Jeremiah Rich:
<strong>Dang, dang, wow. I cannot wait to see the photo, and hope it is not a fake.. But, I would hope this is not ALL that Apple is announcing tommorow. (Or their big thing)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Good God, are we that jaded that suddenly a 15" LCD and G4 and Superdrive in a model is not enough??!?!?!?!
post #29 of 224
G4 imac = G5 um.. G4
post #30 of 224
If the rumored $1800 price tag is true for the top end, I think its worth it.

I mean, it'll have a G4, 15" LCD, and a SuperDrive!

Going by (pricewatch.com) sub-retail prices, a 15" LCD runs $300 and a SuperDrive goes for about $400.
post #31 of 224
I hope that puts the Sahara G3 in the iBook.
post #32 of 224
iPhoto too!
post #33 of 224
[quote]Originally posted by Mithras:
<strong>Here's my rough sketch of how a flatpanel iMac with a bulbous base and a swiveling screen might look:

<a href="http://www.mosr.com/i/flatimac.gif" target="_blank">http://www.mosr.com/i/flatimac.gif</a>

Was that you? I LOOOOOOVE when people are toying with MOSR.
post #34 of 224
i am refreshing macminute.com every five seconds
you won't find me when you look but when i find you
you won't find me when you look but when i find you
post #35 of 224
post #36 of 224
[quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:
<strong>$1,800

AMAZING!

Okay, who has the memory (or the search-power) to figure out who was the first with the story of the $1800 high-end iMac? I definitely saw that several times in the last few days, but don't know from where. Anybody know?
--
--
post #37 of 224
[quote]Originally posted by TCO:
<strong>I hope that puts the Sahara G3 in the iBook.</strong><hr></blockquote>

SWEET!
post #38 of 224
yes, when other sites mentioned $1800, i thought, if it has a G4, a LCD and superdrive, that would be worth 1800, but not with a G3 and combo drive......dang dang getting too excited....hoping there is no let down tomorrow....g
post #39 of 224
I really hope this means G5 PowerMacs...

I am ordering that damn iMac as soon as the Apple Store opens!

I don't think I want to see any pics either... I'm taking the morning off to watch this on TechTV and I want to be blown away....

*sigh*

I will never get any sleep tonight!!!!!
post #40 of 224
Ill be PISSED, and ill DOS time.com and macminute
Yeyeth! Thenk the Loyd!
Yeyeth! Thenk the Loyd!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › MacMinute claims to have new iMac info/photo.