or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone: Petition to ask Apple to allow 3rd-party development

iPhone: Petition to ask Apple to allow 3rd-party development - Page 2

post #41 of 42
A lot of this assumption is jumping the gun a bit. At this point we don't know to what will be Apple's limitation or criteria that will allow apps to pass through their gates.

Its possible Apple will be fairly open and only check the software to insure it does not negatively affect the functionality of the phone. I imagine there will be a new paradigm in software use as the interface will revolve around directly touching the app and not as much a keyboard and mouse pointer. Apple will likely offer developers guidelines for optimizing software for this interface.

I agree that there will be all types of specialized apps for different professions and uses that Apple should allow onto the phone. It would be really short sighted for Apple to strictly lock everyone out.
post #42 of 42
I'm not an iPhone user (cost for starters), but I am for opening most anything up to more scrutiny. So, sure, I'll be quite willing to sign.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone: Petition to ask Apple to allow 3rd-party development