or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Games on MacBook?

Games on MacBook? - Page 2

post #41 of 50
+ Tomb Raider: Anniversary. The demo plays very smoothly even outdoors.
post #42 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah2911 View Post

Why would you buy a MacBook if you're big into gaming?

Someone who isn't "big into gaming" but might want to play a game or two that others play. For me it just means Civilization IV....\
"Run faster. History is a constant race between invention and catastrophe. Education helps but it is never enough. You must also run." Leto Atreides II
"Run faster. History is a constant race between invention and catastrophe. Education helps but it is never enough. You must also run." Leto Atreides II
post #43 of 50
Do any of the Tiger Woods Golf games or John Madden NFL football games work on the MB?

Joe
2ghz MacBook White
2ghy MacBook Black
2ghz MacBook White
2ghy MacBook Black
post #44 of 50
Did you guys see the Id announcement?

This is huge.

http://www.idsoftware.com/
post #45 of 50
How does The Sims 2 play? (OS X not XP)
post #46 of 50
I don't know about The Sims but another game that works very well is Painkiller under XP.

The graphics in this game look pretty good too:

http://uk.youtube.com/results?search...iller+gameplay
post #47 of 50
I should mention that I am now playing WoW under Bootcamp with XP and it runs soooo much better it's ridiculous. Even with almost every single setting turned up the framerates rarely drop below 28 and spike up much higher than that. Runs it better than a macbook pro in native OS X!

If you're playing games on a macbook I would highly recommend you do it through Bootcamp and XP.
post #48 of 50
see when i get leopard i want to make a windows partition but i only have vista, so i dunno if it will be worth playing the windows game on my macbook. what do you think?

boot camp question: does it allow you to partition your drive without corrupting other data?
post #49 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthiede View Post

see when i get leopard i want to make a windows partition but i only have vista, so i dunno if it will be worth playing the windows game on my macbook. what do you think?

I think you should use XP but I don't think that Vista runs games that much slower - it only does this with the wrong drivers but Apple supply the drivers so you should be fine.

Quote:

boot camp question: does it allow you to partition your drive without corrupting other data?

Yes but it can go wrong so you should make a backup just before doing it. Get an external hard drive and clone your internal using Superduper. Then use Bootcamp.
post #50 of 50
Quote:

Vista is too bloated. Use XP.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Games on MacBook?