or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Ever Quest

Ever Quest

post #1 of 6
Everquest is coming out for OS X but one of my friends said that this game can't be downloaded and you can't steal it and play without paying for it. Not that i want to steal it but I was jw is it really not possible, the only program i know of that can't be cracked and used is hotline. Can anyone check out with PC friends, because i find this hard to believe.

So any help?
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
post #2 of 6
Of course this is possible.

The game is played online, right?

All the makers have to do is require a serial number check when you sign on. If that same number is online or it appears that the number is being widely used as a pirated number, they can block you out of the system. Blizzard does this with its Battle.net games. id also has a serial check when you connect to a server that makes sure no other users have the same serial.

[ 10-23-2002: Message edited by: Brad ]</p>
post #3 of 6
You have to pay a monthly fee to play the game anyway...
Prosecutors will be violated
Prosecutors will be violated
post #4 of 6
As mentioned by other posters this is an online *AND ONLY* online game which is played only on Sony/Verant's servers. You need to register with a valid account key which comes with the purchase of the software. There is no real way to hack it. I used to play it quite a lot. It's a huge time sink but enjoyable as long as you have gobs of time you don't mind losing.
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
post #5 of 6
[quote]Originally posted by Bancho:
<strong>It's a huge time sink but enjoyable as long as you have gobs of time you don't mind losing.</strong><hr></blockquote>
Shouldn't be a problem. Aren't all online RPGers losers anyway?

I have to say that <a href="http://www.puzzlepirates.com" target="_blank">this</a> looks like it might be fun, though.
Chicanery.
Chicanery.
post #6 of 6
i know something else that uses the inet to chk serials, formerly amf, and more recently WebGrazer. Since they know u only can use it online, they check their online servers against ur reg numbers.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Ever Quest