or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Is this an OS 10.4 bug? (re. backing up data to DVD)

Is this an OS 10.4 bug? (re. backing up data to DVD)

post #1 of 2
I have encountered what appears to be a bug on several occasions, on the new Intel Mac (using disk burner) to back up data. After inserting a blank DVD, I drag the items to be copied onto the Disk to be burned. However, if I delete any files (which should be alias of the original files) from the blank DVD by dragging to the trash and then emptying -- the original files are also deleted permanently. (!!!!)

This is not the way it used to work. Is this a bug? As a precautionary measure I created duplicates of the files I wish to back up to DVD so I will not lose the original files. This is using Mac OS 10.4 on a new Intel dual core machine.

Has anyone heard of this before?
We the public deserve an honest complete review of the facts with scientific interpretation and implications as to what really happened on 9/11.  Bill Binney, Former senior technical director, NSA.
We the public deserve an honest complete review of the facts with scientific interpretation and implications as to what really happened on 9/11.  Bill Binney, Former senior technical director, NSA.
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

I have encountered what appears to be a bug on several occasions, on the new Intel Mac (using disk burner) to back up data. After inserting a blank DVD, I drag the items to be copied onto the Disk to be burned. However, if I delete any files (which should be alias of the original files) from the blank DVD by dragging to the trash and then emptying -- the original files are also deleted permanently. (!!!!)

This is not the way it used to work. Is this a bug? As a precautionary measure I created duplicates of the files I wish to back up to DVD so I will not lose the original files. This is using Mac OS 10.4 on a new Intel dual core machine.

Has anyone heard of this before?

What version of OS 10.4 ? 10.4.8? Also, do you mean dragging to the Trash *after* the DVD has been burnt?

Are you using a "New Burn Folder" and then drag stuff into that....?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Is this an OS 10.4 bug? (re. backing up data to DVD)