or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › are you saved? if not then this will explain how you can be
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

are you saved? if not then this will explain how you can be

post #1 of 98
Thread Starter 
The good news is that about 2000 years ago Jesus Christ(God the Son) paid for everyone's sins or wrong doing by dying on the cross and rising from the dead after three days.

Jesus Christ had to be both God and man because He is sinless and therefore He is the only person who can get us into Heaven when we die because He is the only One who could pay for our sins.

The Holy Bible says, "That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God(The Father) raised Jesus Christ from the dead, you will be saved." {Romans 10:9}

You should not wait until later to get saved because you may die before you get another chance and you will miss Heaven.

The Holy Bible describes Heaven as a beautiful place where people live forever with no death, sorrow, sickness and pain. {Revelation 21:4}

Hell is described as a place of suffering forever for all those who are not saved. {Matthew 13:50}

If you want to be sure you will go to Heaven after this life is over just pray a meaningful prayer right now from your heart to God like the one below and you will be saved.

Dear God I want to be saved. Dear Jesus Christ Son of God I want to make you my personal Lord and Savior. Please forgive me of my sins or things I have done wrong in my life. Thanks Jesus Christ for taking my punishment for my sins by shedding your sinless blood on the cross and dying for my sins. Jesus Christ I now confess you as my Lord and believe in my heart that God(The Father) raised you from the dead. Amen.

If you just allowed God to save you then welcome to the family of God because you are now a Christian on your way to Heaven.

You can learn more about Jesus Christ if you read the Holy Bible and a good place to start reading is the book of John.


Ronald L. Grossi
RonaldLGrossi@yahoo.com « my home e-mail address
http://www.GotQuestions.org/now-what.html « go here if you just got saved
post #2 of 98
Goodbye.
post #3 of 98
I'm religious, and I too think you should go home.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #4 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnews237 View Post


If you just allowed God to save you then welcome to the family of God because you are now a Christian on your way to Heaven.


Gee, thanks. That was easy. By the way, let me introduce myself. My name will be kept secret for obvious reasons, but I go by Duke to my friends. I'm a bank robber by trade and always figured I'd go to hell, but now I've got a Get-Out-of-Jail card thanks to you. A free pass to heaven. Glory be!

I'd let my wife and kids know too, but I don't want them bugging me up their. Man they get on my nerves. Slapping then around doesn't help. I punched my wife once and broke her nose, and all she did was scream at me louder. I hate that. One of these days she's going to get it good.

I'll let you in on a secret. I've got a big heist coming up that's going to put me on easy street. I'll get out of this run down neighborhood at last. There are so many poor people here, always wanting help. Man I just laugh at them, especially the old ones. I rigged up a trip wire once a got three of them before the cops made me take it down. Oh that was funny, watching those old people fall. Ha, ha.

Well, see you in heaven.

Regard,

Duke, just Duke.
post #5 of 98
I'll pick this one up 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnews

The good news is that about 2000 years ago Jesus Christ(God the Son) paid for everyone's sins or wrong doing by dying on the cross and rising from the dead after three days.

Jesus Christ had to be both God and man because He is sinless and therefore He is the only person who can get us into Heaven when we die because He is the only One who could pay for our sins.

Literal interpretation of the events means that we miss the message. We (you, I everyone) are the Son of God in our true Nature. Christ is our true sinless nature as we complete our journey of forgiveness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnews

The Holy Bible says, "That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God(The Father) raised Jesus Christ from the dead, you will be saved." {Romans 10:9}

What we do have to believe is that we can be Christ in nature and thus be in eternal Heaven state. Everlasting Life is this state. "Resurrection" is a shift in our current perception to be mindful of a different perception. This may or may not have to involve "death", being "death" an illusory/ dream concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnews

You should not wait until later to get saved because you may die before you get another chance and you will miss Heaven...The Holy Bible describes Heaven as a beautiful place where people live forever with no death, sorrow, sickness and pain. {Revelation 21:4} Hell is described as a place of suffering forever for all those who are not saved. {Matthew 13:50}

Clearly Hell is not another place, it is right here. Waiting for Leopard OSX 10.5. And other such pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnews

If you want to be sure you will go to Heaven after this life is over just pray a meaningful prayer right now from your heart to God like the one below and you will be saved.

Dear God I want to be saved. Dear Jesus Christ Son of God I want to make you my personal Lord and Savior. Please forgive me of my sins or things I have done wrong in my life. Thanks Jesus Christ for taking my punishment for my sins by shedding your sinless blood on the cross and dying for my sins. Jesus Christ I now confess you as my Lord and believe in my heart that God(The Father) raised you from the dead. Amen.

Dear Source, be with me always and help me ease my suffering. That all the Universe be one as is forever more in Truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnews

If you just allowed God to save you then welcome to the family of God because you are now a Christian on your way to Heaven.

God extends His Divine Source to all that would listen yes, but regardless of time, space, quantum fluctuations, the Eternal Remains. We can choose when we want to Join, how we want to Join. Maybe we are all Members already and we don't even have to worry about it...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnews

You can learn more about Jesus Christ if you read the Holy Bible and a good place to start reading is the book of John.

I recommend, it could be the next step in your spiritual journey, CourseInMiracles. And a bit of Wicca to understand self-creation (Magick) and then set that aside when you've had fun playing.
post #6 of 98
Spam!
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
post #7 of 98
Tough crowd, eh God boy?

We're Mac users. We feast on the blood of the innocent. Didn't you get the memo?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #8 of 98
Speak for yourself. I feast on the blood of the would be innocent... if I hadn't sodomized them first...
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
post #9 of 98
I was going to close this thread, as it is spam ... but it'll be more fun just to leave it open.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
post #10 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardeeharhar View Post

Speak for yourself. I feast on the blood of the would be innocent... if I hadn't sodomized them first...

Interesting angle. First the debauching, then the feasting.......

I'll have to think about that.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #11 of 98
Nice to know that the god you believe in sends people like Mahatma Gandhi to hell. Do you really expect me to respect such a god?
post #12 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Tough crowd, eh God boy?

We're Mac users. We feast on the blood of the innocent. Didn't you get the memo?

I'm all for the raping and torturing and killing of the innocent, but I feel like I'm not really getting into the spirit of being a Mac guy because the taste of blood, frankly, makes me gag. Can you recommend any recipes that help make blood feasting more palatable?

(And gee, why do I think we'll never hear anything back gnews237? Seems more likely we'll hear exactly the same damned thing from gnews238 first.)
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Reply
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Reply
post #13 of 98
Please close this thread?
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #14 of 98
welcome gnews237, please stick around. I have said your little prayer

"Dear God I want to be saved. Dear Jesus Christ Son of God I want to make you my personal Lord and Savior. Please forgive me of my sins or things I have done wrong in my life. Thanks Jesus Christ for taking my punishment for my sins by shedding your sinless blood on the cross and dying for my sins. Jesus Christ I now confess you as my Lord and believe in my heart that God(The Father) raised you from the dead. Amen."

what do I do now?
post #15 of 98
Motion to ban MarcUK from any thread containing the word "religion".
post #16 of 98
Motion to deprive Ireland of the power to modify text attributes.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #17 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by shetline View Post

I'm all for the raping and torturing and killing of the innocent, but I feel like I'm not really getting into the spirit of being a Mac guy because the taste of blood, frankly, makes me gag. Can you recommend any recipes that help make blood feasting more palatable?

(And gee, why do I think we'll never hear anything back gnews237? Seems more likely we'll hear exactly the same damned thing from gnews238 first.)

Jello blood shots. You don't think Bill Cosby became wealthy because he we talented?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #18 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Motion to deprive Ireland of the power to modify text attributes.

I third that motion, no really, close this damn thread.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #19 of 98
Thread Starter 
post #20 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnews237 View Post

http://www.gotquestions.org/now-what.html < go here MarkUK

What is your problem. I believe in God, but nobody needs a lecture in an internet forum. Go ask a priest should you keep doing this and I'd bet you he's say no don't. Now leave us alone with your crazy attitude. you remind me of one of those nutjob so called scientologists, I hate them too.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #21 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcUK View Post


welcome gnews237, please stick around. I have said your little prayer

"Dear God I want to be saved. . . Amen."

what do I do now?


Nothing special. The beauty of this popular approach is its simplicity. It's the easy way to eternal life and has two big advantages: You have a guarantee that you will go to heaven, and you can keep on doing whatever you want to do. Many have taken this path to God. Will they get there? I don't know. Some think it takes more effort and change on our part.

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gale and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matthew 7:13-14.

post #22 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnews237 View Post

http://www.gotquestions.org/now-what.html < go here MarkUK

He came back. Wow, more than just a hit-and-run spambot after all. Still a nuisance, however, even if a living human.

Oh, by the way, I deny the Holy Spirit. Now you can't save me, so you might as well give up.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Reply
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Reply
post #23 of 98
I respect peoples right to believe anything they want. I read this forum to learn. Everyone has been so helpful. There is so much passion about this company and the product line. I am amazed this thread is alive. I rarely read this type of rubbish. I also respect free speech. However I do not think this is the place to push propaganda of any sort.
post #24 of 98
Hi Shetline, it's me, Addabox. Or, should I say, Satan. You don't know how hard it's been for me, hanging around here, waiting for you to say the simple words that make you mine forever.

Don't worry though, you'll feel like you never left-- all the "christian" posters on these boards will be joining you shortly. I must say, turning the Galilean's little cult into an ideology of brutality and aggression was one of my better turns.

Anywho, see you in hell!
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #25 of 98
What I don't get is this.

Everyone's always ragging on the Jews for killing Christ. Well, Christians do.

Why don't they hate the Italians? I mean, it's not like the Romans didn't have a hand in the crucifixion.

As their descendants, why don't the Italians get it as bad as the Jews?

Just a question.

I know this means that Italian Christians should automatically be self-haters, but there's a quite delicious irony there...

On topic, I love this thread.

I am also quite, quite damned. I burn brimstone incense sticks. I have Charles Darwin's beard tattooed on my face. I hand out scientific tracts outside churches.
post #26 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_BC View Post

I respect peoples right to believe anything they want. I read this forum to learn. Everyone has been so helpful. There is so much passion about this company and the product line. I am amazed this thread is alive. I rarely read this type of rubbish. I also respect free speech. However I do not think this is the place to push propaganda of any sort.

You, and Ireland, are under no obligation to read the thread.

Considering that the original poster did return to the thread I'm no longer considering it as blatant spam. It is, however, in the wrong forum and I'm moving it to AppleOutsider.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
Reply
post #27 of 98
Woot! Maybe if we up the level of godlessness we can get it moved to Political Outsider, the sulfurous sinkhole of all things godless in the Apple Insider firmament!

You know, the forum with the crudely lettered sign hanging at the entrance that says "All hope abandon ye who enter here."
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #28 of 98
Hassan, I don't see the problem.

Jews clearly eat babies, the souls of the innocent, and drink the blood of the apostles. I find the combination to be quite gratifying to be honest. Though the spice of recently sodomized would be innocents is a tempting alternative to just plain old innocents... It is a bit like the difference between boiled chicken and chicken stewed in a nice curry...

Mmm... Well, I'm off to feast on gnews' cousins...
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
post #29 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post


You know, the forum with the crudely lettered sign hanging at the entrance that says "All hope abandon ye who enter here."


You mean the sign hanging above the tunnel to the Pirates of the Caribbean?

post #30 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post

You mean the sign hanging above the tunnel to the Pirates of the Caribbean?


Shhhh....... the Apple/Disney/Satan merger is in a delicate phase, we don't want to go public yet.

Think about it-- have you ever seen anyone leaving Pirates of the Caribbean? And does anyone ever stop arguing at Political Outsider?

I'll leave it to you to connect the dots, but for you rumor fans: a little bird tells me to keep an eye out for a major new attraction at a certain southern California theme park that's whispered to be a real "heart stopper".

Could it be the long anticipated Apple presents a PIxar production of Steve Job's Soul Sucker Materialist Express? You didn't hear it here, but watch out for the that last "plunge", it's a doozy!

Zippadee doo dah!
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #31 of 98
F**k off Bible humper...and take your "messiah" with you.
post #32 of 98
it's interesting to see how much opposition there is to this post. It doesn't really surprise me though. Jesus was a pretty controversial person, and he was either the son of God and savior of the world, or a lunatic who needed to be shut up. Either what he said was true, or false. I haven't heard many people question the actual existence of Jesus, but I constantly hear questioning of his validity. Heck, the validity of what he said have been questioned since he was alive. It's obviously still going on today. People tend to hate Jesus and his message, or love him. The few inbetweens, in my opinion, don't know enough about him.

the prayer of salvation is a popular form of "gaining salvation," but I think everyone is missing the point. It's not a "get out of jail free" card. If there is a God and this whole Jesus thing is true, don't you think that God would be a little smarter than that? Why would He give a quick way to salvation and let us live our lives the way we want. (Paul of Tarsus talks about that by the way and explains that if you do believe in Christ, then it's not just a get out of jail free card) God would want more of us. God, the author of life, knows the best way to live. I'm not going to ramble on and explain why God made laws and why He wants us to live morally. Just know that God is obviously interested in more than a few words from your mouth.

Finally, those who are bashing this whole christian thing so much, that's fine. You are free to believe what you want, love what you want, and hate what you want, but don't do it ignorantly. (I'm not saying you have, just cautioning you not to) If christianity is false, it is of no importance. If it's true, it is of infinite importance. It cannot, however, be moderately important.
post #33 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homestar06 View Post

it's interesting to see how much opposition there is to this post. It doesn't really surprise me though. Jesus was a pretty controversial person, and he was either the son of God and savior of the world, or a lunatic who needed to be shut up. Either what he said was true, or false. I haven't heard many people question the actual existence of Jesus, but I constantly hear questioning of his validity. Heck, the validity of what he said have been questioned since he was alive. It's obviously still going on today. People tend to hate Jesus and his message, or love him. The few inbetweens, in my opinion, don't know enough about him.

the prayer of salvation is a popular form of "gaining salvation," but I think everyone is missing the point. It's not a "get out of jail free" card. If there is a God and this whole Jesus thing is true, don't you think that God would be a little smarter than that? Why would He give a quick way to salvation and let us live our lives the way we want. (Paul of Tarsus talks about that by the way and explains that if you do believe in Christ, then it's not just a get out of jail free card) God would want more of us. God, the author of life, knows the best way to live. I'm not going to ramble on and explain why God made laws and why He wants us to live morally. Just know that God is obviously interested in more than a few words from your mouth.

Finally, those who are bashing this whole christian thing so much, that's fine. You are free to believe what you want, love what you want, and hate what you want, but don't do it ignorantly. (I'm not saying you have, just cautioning you not to) If christianity is false, it is of no importance. If it's true, it is of infinite importance. It cannot, however, be moderately important.


I'll call you and raise you $100 -

I'll claim Jesus of Nazareth and Paul of Tarsus are entirely made up fictional characters.

Your call???
post #34 of 98
thats a lot of money. haha. you're honestly the first person I've heard who has said that one. I can't help you much there.
post #35 of 98
I'm in on that. There was no person "Jesus Christ" of any sort. There is no god.

If there is a god then why not gods? Lonely sod. No wonder He made us playthings and incarnated himself to have a go.
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
Reply
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
Reply
post #36 of 98
gnews237, I have to ask:

Do you really expect threads like this to work? As a Christian, my faith has grown through relationships with other Christians. I have modeled my life by seeing other Christians walk the good walk. When others have ministered to me, I have become closer to God and more firm in my beliefs.

While I applaud your willingness to outreach, I have to wonder if there's anyone on the information superhighway that would convert their lives to Christ simply because they read your original post. Okay, maybe they're in a slump. Maybe they see nowhere else to turn. Maybe they say the prayer you posted. At some point, though, they still need to go to church to surround themselves with other believers who can lead them along the way.

It all comes down to the relationships between God's children. Christians befriend those without faith and show them what it means to walk the path of a disciple.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Reply
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Reply
post #37 of 98
gnews' post reminded me of Fellowship's earlier entry into the world of AI.

His post raises good questions about the value of the scattershot approach to Missions (or the lack of value of it, depending on your position.)

Of course, the JWs are famous for showing up on the doorsteps of people they don't know. It seems to work for them and the Salt Lake Crew.

Maybe someone going through a rough time will find the Way through a post like gnews' but - as we have seen - you can also increase the level of animosity and bitterness with such a one-dimensional approach.

(Marc's responses don't count. He's always that way.)

I think relating Jesus' message should be first directed to those around you (family, friends, co-workers, neighbours etc.) Internet evangelism of the type in the first post may be well intentioned, but it strikes me also as being a bit lazy. When I first saw it, I thought the same thing AudioP did, that it was simply impersonal spam.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #38 of 98
post #39 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homestar06 View Post

...... People tend to hate Jesus and his message, or love him. The few inbetweens, in my opinion, don't know enough about him.....

I think you're very wrong about that. People don't tend to hate or love Jesus' message, they tend to hate or love christians, particularly the politically aggressive kind who can support wars of aggression and unfettered capitalism while harshly denouncing the corrosive influence of the "secularists".

Of course, any christian can plausibly deny culpability for that trend, but the fact is the face of christianity in America is currently shaped by anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-evolution, anti-liberal, pro-war, and pro-capitalism forces. It might not be fair, it might not be what even the majority of christians in America are about, but there it is.

When people react against this agenda, it is disingenuous to claim that they are reacting against "Jesus' message", unless you want to insist that the current crop of right-wing activist christians simply embody that message entire and to decry their tactics is to decry their faith.

At any rate, were I a christian with an interest in sharing my message of hope and liberation, I would be working with like minded christians to counter the crudely political machinations of my intemperate brethren, since I think they are doing a lot to make christianity appear to be a religion of anger and intolerance,

The devil's work, if you will.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #40 of 98
I understand your point Adda, but the real message of Jesus is also despised simply because it stands against the basic structures and ambitions of this world.

And that goes for those both on the Left and on the Right.

If Jesus came back to live on Earth today, we'd likely crucify him all over again.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › are you saved? if not then this will explain how you can be