or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple Cinema Display "burn-in" problem

Apple Cinema Display "burn-in" problem

post #1 of 7
I just bought a 23" ACD and I recently noticed that the Dock and the lower parts of the windows above it are burned in. I always thought LCD screens would not suffer from these burn-in effects.

What can I do? Will they let me return it?
post #2 of 7
I don't think it's even technically possible to have burn-in on lcds. Maybe stuck pixels?? Can you post a pic so that we can see what it looks like? I would also think that if it was burn-in you wouldn't just see the bottom parts of those windows...
temporarily one handed, please excuse the typos
temporarily one handed, please excuse the typos
post #3 of 7
I had some discoloration in the upper left corner of my 23" ACD.
Once I looked at the shape I realized that it was the outline of the controller for EyeTV.

The controller left a distinct grayish outline when EyeTV wasn't running.
Now I keep the controller closed and the outline has disappeared after a couple of days.
post #4 of 7
It is possible for a temporary burn-in effect to occur. I get that with my Dell monitor.

I seem to recall reading an Apple technical note about this very topic.
post #5 of 7
post #6 of 7
Quote:

Thanks a lot. I hope this will solve my problem...
post #7 of 7
I have Apple 23" for more than two years already, had to replace power brick this summer, but no sign of burn in effect so far.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple Cinema Display "burn-in" problem