or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Windows + Macbook. Keyboard, CD wont work
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Windows + Macbook. Keyboard, CD wont work

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
I tried using Boot Camp to install Windows, but when the screen pops during Windows installation asking for the partition, the keyboard wont work and the CD drive wont eject either.

I'm stuck in this cycle where the Windows install comes up each time. What do I do? Please help.

Thanks,
Abhinav
post #2 of 8
Does your Windows installation CD have Service Pack 2?
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
I have a Media Center 2005 DVD. I assume that it should have SP2 on it. In any case, how to I remove this CD and boot into Mac because my computer keeps booting into the CD each time.
post #4 of 8
If you hold the alt key while booting does that work? I know you said the keyboard doesn't work but it may be not be loading for use by the Windows installer. Also, do you have a wireless keyboard?

When Bootcamp starts the Boot process, it defaults to booting into Windows, which is actually quite bad if you don't know how to change it back. Holding alt should let you choose the Mac drive, then when you are in the Mac side, set the startup disk option in system prefs so it defaults to booting the Mac.

I don't know if the Media Center version of Windows is supported.
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

If you hold the alt key while booting does that work? I know you said the keyboard doesn't work but it may be not be loading for use by the Windows installer. Also, do you have a wireless keyboard?

When Bootcamp starts the Boot process, it defaults to booting into Windows, which is actually quite bad if you don't know how to change it back. Holding alt should let you choose the Mac drive, then when you are in the Mac side, set the startup disk option in system prefs so it defaults to booting the Mac.

I don't know if the Media Center version of Windows is supported.

Also, holding the mouse button (trackpad button) should eject the disk during power up.
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

If you hold the alt key while booting does that work? I know you said the keyboard doesn't work but it may be not be loading for use by the Windows installer. Also, do you have a wireless keyboard?

When Bootcamp starts the Boot process, it defaults to booting into Windows, which is actually quite bad if you don't know how to change it back. Holding alt should let you choose the Mac drive, then when you are in the Mac side, set the startup disk option in system prefs so it defaults to booting the Mac.

I don't know if the Media Center version of Windows is supported.


Yes, holding down the option key worked. Thanks. Now, as I dont have SP2, I'd like to dedicate my entire HDD back to Mac, what is the easiest and safest way to do so?
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav View Post

Yes, holding down the option key worked. Thanks. Now, as I dont have SP2, I'd like to dedicate my entire HDD back to Mac, what is the easiest and safest way to do so?

Read the documentation that came with Boot Camp!

Go to the Boot Camp installer again, there is a very simple option for removing the partition...
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwoodpecker View Post

Read the documentation that came with Boot Camp!

Go to the Boot Camp installer again, there is a very simple option for removing the partition...

Done, thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Windows + Macbook. Keyboard, CD wont work