or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › speed difference with unmatched ram in macbook?

speed difference with unmatched ram in macbook?

post #1 of 5
Hey all, I just picked up a macbook and I know that supposedly if you use non-matching pairs of ram in this puppy the video performance suffers. I'm just wondering if there's any proof of that and if so, how much of a difference does it make? I wanna run parallels so 1gb might not be enough but 2gb is a little more than I wanna spend...but I don't wanna further hinder the already hinderous GMA video...
post #2 of 5
I ran 1.25GB for awhile, and didn't notice much of a performance hit.
post #3 of 5
was that in general? I'm interested in running some not too new games occasionally (c&c generals, age of empires 3, etc) so that's my primary concern...

and does the performance gain of bumping up to 1.25gb outweigh the loss in video?
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj171 View Post

was that in general? I'm interested in running some not too new games occasionally (c&c generals, age of empires 3, etc) so that's my primary concern...

and does the performance gain of bumping up to 1.25gb outweigh the loss in video?

http://www.barefeats.com/mincd.html
post #5 of 5
No 3D gaming for me.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › speed difference with unmatched ram in macbook?