or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › "Support Our Troops" ???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Support Our Troops" ???

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
" ...

These military and mercenary terrorist-students are trained in terrorist training camps all under the USA, funded by American taxpayers. In fact, people under the USA are “sacrificing” their health care and their children’s educations while donating their tax dollars to these terrorist training camps. These terrorist camps train money hungry working class stiffs to murder, steal and plunder for the power hungry US corporate war lords.

... "


Article!

Do you have any "killers in the classroom"? Or perhaps you've done some 'liberation' yourself (?)

Feel free to share your impressions!
MA700LL/A arrived.
---
Latitude D600, PowerEdge 1600SC, OptiPlex GX520
Reply
MA700LL/A arrived.
---
Latitude D600, PowerEdge 1600SC, OptiPlex GX520
Reply
post #2 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mph View Post

" ...

These military and mercenary terrorist-students are trained in terrorist training camps all under the USA, funded by American taxpayers. In fact, people under the USA are sacrificing their health care and their childrens educations while donating their tax dollars to these terrorist training camps. These terrorist camps train money hungry working class stiffs to murder, steal and plunder for the power hungry US corporate war lords.

... "


Article!

Do you have any "killers in the classroom"? Or perhaps you've done some 'liberation' yourself (?)

Feel free to share your impressions!


You're a troll. And anyone that would call our troops mercenaries is a bastard. Period.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #3 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

You're a troll. And anyone that would call our troops mercenaries is a bastard. Period.

I agree. He definitely is a bastard.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
Reply
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
Reply
post #4 of 25
Hail to the great army. some things cannot be questioned. such is real freedom. period.
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
Reply
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
Reply
post #5 of 25
If the US wasn't fighting the war in Iraq we wouldn't have the freedoms we enjoy today. People like SDW knew all along that without tens of thousands of young americans and iraqis of all ages dying and losing limbs, our western lives would be absolutely nothing like they are today and our countries would be in dire peril.
post #6 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

And anyone that would call our troops mercenaries is a bastard.

Oh, SDW. Try reading it again. \

Although your misunderstanding does inadvertently bring up a good point: if the tens of thousands of mercenaries fighting our war for us aren't "our troops," whose troops are they and why are they fighting our war?
post #7 of 25
Thread Starter 
War is an ultimate waste.

We need diplomats, doctors and teachers. NOT soldiers.
Civilized people only fight if they have to. We fight just because ... someone wants to make money.
First this retarded "government" takes our cash and creates enemies and problems. Then they take more cash to fight them. WTF is that?

Country of FOOLS we are.
MA700LL/A arrived.
---
Latitude D600, PowerEdge 1600SC, OptiPlex GX520
Reply
MA700LL/A arrived.
---
Latitude D600, PowerEdge 1600SC, OptiPlex GX520
Reply
post #8 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mph View Post

" ...

These military and mercenary terrorist-students are trained in terrorist training camps all under the USA, funded by American taxpayers. In fact, people under the USA are sacrificing their health care and their childrens educations while donating their tax dollars to these terrorist training camps. These terrorist camps train money hungry working class stiffs to murder, steal and plunder for the power hungry US corporate war lords.

... "

Even as someone sympathetic to the viewpoint expressed in the article-- that state-sponsored violence can be the moral equivalent of terrorism-- I'm still wondering why you chose to create a thread around that article. The way she expressed that viewpoint is offensive, unpersuasive, and frankly just a little dumb. She needs to tone down the clichéd, hot-button buzzwords and flesh out actual arguments. It's not useful for anyone.
post #9 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

You're a troll. And anyone that would call our troops mercenaries is a bastard. Period.

No. Anyone who would deceive our troops into fighting an unnecessary war, which has resulted in 3100 deaths and over 20,000 wounded, is a bastard.

This war has not been fought "to protect the United States and its interests", as US service personnel have been led to believe. The troops have been relegated to the status of "mercenaries" serving the bottom lines of multinational corporations, and that is the fault of their "commander in chief".
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #10 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mph View Post

" ...

These military and mercenary terrorist-students are trained in terrorist training camps all under the USA, funded by American taxpayers. In fact, people under the USA are “sacrificing” their health care and their children’s educations while donating their tax dollars to these terrorist training camps. These terrorist camps train money hungry working class stiffs to murder, steal and plunder for the power hungry US corporate war lords.

... "


Article!

Do you have any "killers in the classroom"? Or perhaps you've done some 'liberation' yourself (?)

Feel free to share your impressions!

Oh I reallllly think I'd like Dr. June Scorza Terpstra and her classes in the Peace Studies department of Loyola. She is so professional, objective, and balanced in her views and coursework. And she is understanding of her "mercenary terrorist-students", a woman of Jesuit temperament and Christ like demeanor.

And why take International Relations from the mainstream department when you get course work like the following...and for CREDITS too!:


TENTATIVE SCHEDULE

WEEK 1

1/8/07

Course Overview—Divided And Conquered

Core Values
Defining Social Justice

History Lessons: A Summary by Dr. June C. Terpstra
http://juneterpstra.com/whats_new.html

(Edit Add: First section: Steal the Land, Kill the Indians..LOL)

Searching for Evil by Doug Linder
http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/proj.../evilhome.html

WEEK 2
1/17/07

The nature of good and evil

TR Young Lecture 1
http://uwacadweb.uwyo.edu/RED_FEATHE...rstthings.html

Week 3

1/22/07
Savage Or Civilized

Film—Black Robe

The Church as a Tool of Imperialism by Major T.R. Vedantam
The Evangelical Challenge: A New Face of Western Imperialism by Yoginder Sikand

WEEK 4
1/29/07

White supremacy and racism

Slavery and Servitude


Film--Sankofa

Read and Respond: White racism, white supremacy, white privilege, & the social construction of race: Moving from modernist to postmodernist multiculturalism
by Akintunde, Omowale


WEEK 5
2/5/07

Poverty and Class

Political crime at Home by T. R. Young



I guess it was about this time she wrote her rant against her students, etc.

post #11 of 25
I'm kinda aghast.

She's having her students read what looks like strident contemporary texts.

Where are the classic social justice texts? Yikes.
post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

I'm kinda aghast.

She's having her students read what looks like strident contemporary texts.

Where are the classic social justice texts? Yikes.

It's nice to know that all of social justice is not like her course, here is a link. http://juneterpstra.com/custom2.html
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant View Post

If the US wasn't fighting the war in Iraq we wouldn't have the freedoms we enjoy today. People like SDW knew all along that without tens of thousands of young americans and iraqis of all ages dying and losing limbs, our western lives would be absolutely nothing like they are today and our countries would be in dire peril.

You know what, you're an ass. That's not what I said.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mph View Post

War is an ultimate waste.

We need diplomats, doctors and teachers. NOT soldiers.
Civilized people only fight if they have to. We fight just because ... someone wants to make money.
First this retarded "government" takes our cash and creates enemies and problems. Then they take more cash to fight them. WTF is that?

Country of FOOLS we are.

That's an amazing world view you have. You clearly have no understanding of historical events, no can you separate your emotional opposition to this war from war in general.

Every lesson of history tells us we must maintain a strong military, because weakness will eventually invite attack. To think otherwise is naive. That doesn't mean we have to attack a country like Iraq, I grant you. It also doesn't mean we've not made mistakes, meddled where we shouldn't have, or even created enemies, as you put it.

But, to say we don't need soldiers and that "civilized people don't fight" is a statement that comes from dreamland. The world is a dangerous place. We need the military. Period.

Now, if you want to argue about how we've used it or are using it, that's another matter.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

But, to say we don't need soldiers and that "civilized people don't fight" is a statement that comes from dreamland. .

It must be you who is in dreamland then (but we know that) because he didn;t say that.

Why are you misquoting him?

Is it a mistake due to lack of comprehension or are you deliberately distorting to make a point?
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

It must be you who is in dreamland then (but we know that) because he didn;t say that.

Why are you misquoting him?

Is it a mistake due to lack of comprehension or are you deliberately distorting to make a point?

OK, he said this:

Quote:
Civilized people only fight if they have to. We fight just because ... someone wants to make money.

But it was in context with this:

Quote:
We need diplomats, doctors and teachers. NOT soldiers.

Why are you defending him?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

Even as someone sympathetic to the viewpoint expressed in the article-- that state-sponsored violence can be the moral equivalent of terrorism-- I'm still wondering why you chose to create a thread around that article. The way she expressed that viewpoint is offensive, unpersuasive, and frankly just a little dumb. She needs to tone down the clichéd, hot-button buzzwords and flesh out actual arguments. It's not useful for anyone.

Indeed.
post #18 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That's an amazing world view you have. You clearly have no understanding of historical events, no can you separate your emotional opposition to this war from war in general.

Every lesson of history tells us we must maintain a strong military, because weakness will eventually invite attack. To think otherwise is naive. That doesn't mean we have to attack a country like Iraq, I grant you. It also doesn't mean we've not made mistakes, meddled where we shouldn't have, or even created enemies, as you put it.

But, to say we don't need soldiers and that "civilized people don't fight" is a statement that comes from dreamland. The world is a dangerous place. We need the military. Period.

Now, if you want to argue about how we've used it or are using it, that's another matter.

Dude, I don't want to "argue". There is nothing to argue about.

Please start here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...uth+Game&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...he+corporation
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...he+corporation

Then see all three of these:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+of+nightmares
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+of+nightmares
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+of+nightmares

And this:

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20060710/cohen


We'll wait for you here ...
MA700LL/A arrived.
---
Latitude D600, PowerEdge 1600SC, OptiPlex GX520
Reply
MA700LL/A arrived.
---
Latitude D600, PowerEdge 1600SC, OptiPlex GX520
Reply
post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mph View Post

War is an ultimate waste.

We need diplomats, doctors and teachers. NOT soldiers.
Civilized people only fight if they have to. We fight just because ... someone wants to make money.
First this retarded "government" takes our cash and creates enemies and problems. Then they take more cash to fight them. WTF is that?

Country of FOOLS we are.

And the enemies are not all guys in grainy video with Korans. We've been fighting a "War on Poverty" and "War on Drugs" for decades and guess what- they are all worse than ever. The usual ruling-elite M.O. "PROBLEM-->REACTION-->SOLUTION"

Creating problems you already have a slavery-solution for.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #20 of 25
Well this does sound like an equitable plan. Let's see if our fearless leader goes along with it.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/....ap/index.html
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #21 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant View Post

Oh, SDW. Try reading it again. \

Although your misunderstanding does inadvertently bring up a good point: if the tens of thousands of mercenaries fighting our war for us aren't "our troops," whose troops are they and why are they fighting our war?

Ah, he might mean these guys. The Private Warriors.
post #22 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

You're a troll. And anyone that would call our troops mercenaries is a bastard. Period.

How about 'a bunch of oblivious nationalistic murderers', would you be ok with that?

"...

"A bomb exploded, my grandfather sat in a car and at that time American soldiers were shooting into my grandfather's car."

... "

More.
MA700LL/A arrived.
---
Latitude D600, PowerEdge 1600SC, OptiPlex GX520
Reply
MA700LL/A arrived.
---
Latitude D600, PowerEdge 1600SC, OptiPlex GX520
Reply
post #23 of 25
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #24 of 25
Midwinter has Republican spin nailed down perfectly, that makes me a ....conspirator doesnt it? I dont know whats worse the fact that that this is the Draft dodger Rove's tactics or the fact people like SDW2001 buy it.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
Reply
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
Reply
post #25 of 25
Thread Starter 
$250 for a hand job

That's way too expensive isn't it?
MA700LL/A arrived.
---
Latitude D600, PowerEdge 1600SC, OptiPlex GX520
Reply
MA700LL/A arrived.
---
Latitude D600, PowerEdge 1600SC, OptiPlex GX520
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › "Support Our Troops" ???