or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › So Whos holding out for NEW hardware?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So Whos holding out for NEW hardware? - Page 2

post #41 of 202
Add me to the list of users holding out for a new mac (not sure which one) and Leopard.
post #42 of 202
Add me to that list for Leopard, a new styled I Mac, new notebook, I pod and I phone as they come out. I am sure there will be a new I Mac with Leopard. Money is burning a hole in my pocket. Have store in Pasadena, CA and it is all I can do to wait. This will be my first Mac experience........\
post #43 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajprice View Post

I'm waiting, not sure what Mac I'm waiting for though, apart from Leopard. I have a G4 quicksilver, over 5 years old, and a Dell 2407 that i bought last year. I've been looking at the Mac range and honestly can't think what my next Mac would be. The mini at the moment is looking like a poor option with not having a Core 2 processor, it makes the 1.83 MacBook look brilliant for its price. I'd take an iMac if I didn't have a great big screen already, and the Mac Pro is way expensive for me. But the range will probably be completely different by the time summer comes, hardware (Santa Rosa looks like a big step, there may even be a lower priced quad core mac (iMac or tower) but who knows!)

Go for a nice cheap 17" iMac and dual screen it!!!

I think my TiBook needs to retire so a new MB / MBP / MBN for me once Leopard and iLife 07 are out.
post #44 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by macowaco View Post

This will be my first Mac experience........\


And the first think to learn is that the i are lower case <grin> otherwise everyone knows your new to this game! ;-)
post #45 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post

Yup, holding out for a new 15" MacBook Pro with Santa Rosa and LED backlight, shipping with Leopard. ETA: May. Expected features:

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (2.2GHz low end model, too)
1440 x 900 pixels
2GB memory
160GB hard drive
8x double-layer SuperDrive (Blu-ray option?)
ATI Mobility Radeon X1900 graphics with 256MB SDRAM (maybe 1800?)

Apple would have to add half an inch in thickness to cool the x1900.
post #46 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

Apple would have to add half an inch in thickness to cool the x1900.

Oh, I was afraid of that. Hmm, now that I think about it, the X1700 has PowerPlay so it'd probably be a much better candidate. I'm amending my wish list accordingly:

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (2.2GHz low end model, too)
4MB L2 cache
800MHz FSB (Santa Rosa)
1GB flash (Robson)
1440 x 900 pixel 15.4" display with LED backlight
2GB memory
160GB hard drive, 5400 rpm
8x double-layer SuperDrive (Blu-ray option?)
ATI Mobility Radeon X1700 graphics with 256MB SDRAM
AirPort Extreme 802.11b/g/n plus Bluetooth 2.0

Ships with Leopard in May (I hope). Maybe a new case design.
post #47 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post

Oh, I was afraid of that. Hmm, now that I think about it, the X1700 has PowerPlay so it'd probably be a much better candidate. I'm amending my wish list accordingly:

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (2.2GHz low end model, too)
4MB L2 cache
800MHz FSB (Santa Rosa)
1MB flash (Robson)
1440 x 900 pixel 15.4" display with LED backlight
2GB memory
160GB hard drive, 5400 rpm
8x double-layer SuperDrive (Blu-ray option?)
ATI Mobility Radeon X1700 graphics with 256MB SDRAM
AirPort Extreme 802.11b/g/n plus Bluetooth 2.0

Ships with Leopard in May (I hope). Maybe a new case design.

This is the MBP I've been waiting for. I'm ready to make the big switch.

Just Hope it ships in June the latest.
post #48 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageous View Post

*sigh

Every new product has it's bugs. If you're really concerned about not getting a buggy coputer, buy one now. It's not like the current lineup is going to be useless anytime soon. And OS upgrades are cheap.

What's the point of suffering with a crap computer you hate when there's perfectly good ones available right now?

It's sounding like the upgrade to hardware might have some cool new things that are Leopard specific and in general make me glad I waited. If not, I'll try purchasing a current generation computer from the Outlet. My current computer isn't too bad, it's more my impatience and excitement about something new. If I really needed a new computer, I wouldn't hesitate. I just hate to wait till the new ones come out, get excited about cool new features, then wait again if there's a bunch of lemons.
post #49 of 202
Excuse my ignorance of being a noob, but when exactly would apple be releasing/announcing the new hardware or updates? Just trying to get a timeframe so I know when to stop buying others toys and start saving up, any help on this is appreciated.
post #50 of 202
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman79 View Post

Excuse my ignorance of being a noob, but when exactly would apple be releasing/announcing the new hardware or updates? Just trying to get a timeframe so I know when to stop buying others toys and start saving up, any help on this is appreciated.

could be any time really some of us (probably a fairly large few!) have been waiting for new hardware since Jan... and were expecting at LEAST new software, in the form of iLife and iWork in Jan as well...

its due!

but then no-one is sure if Leopard will "Require" new hardware to run as in "multi touch" et al.

if we dont see "something" by June, i will be VERY surpised... and i dare say i wouldnt be alone.
post #51 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by looksthatkill View Post

new cinema displays please!! 24 incher!

Exactly.

30" Cinema Display with HDMI/HDCP please. An iSight would be nice but is not necessary.

If you don't update them soon, Apple, I'll buy the Dell. (Shudder.)
post #52 of 202
Yep, I'm holding out. Waiting for Leopard.
post #53 of 202
Seeing reports that the new Merom and Santa Rosa chipset won't ship until May, and taking into account the last time when the core 2 duos arrived it took Apple some extra 2-3 months before it introduced machines using the new chips, we can bet that it will likely be June, July or even August until new machines show up.

With the Mac Pro and servers the only ones not using that chipset it is possible that they could be introduced sooner, like in April (NAB?).

Is anyone who's holding out really wanting to wait until April and June/July respectively (that's another 4 months!) for new machines?

Or is anyone actually believing that e.g. HD MacBook Pros (using true 1920x1200 resolution, and scaling the tiny fonts with resolution independence) will be introduced at NAB with a May ship date? I wouldn't bet on it...

Seeing all these long delays with the chipset, I guess Apple is in no hurry to release Leopard either as most people would want to wait to upgrade their hardware at the same time.

Seems like not much is going to happen this quarter and it'll likely be end of next quarter before anything really starts happening...
post #54 of 202
post #55 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobBIT View Post

Seeing reports that the new Merom and Santa Rosa chipset won't ship until May, and taking into account the last time when the core 2 duos arrived it took Apple some extra 2-3 months before it introduced machines using the new chips, we can bet that it will likely be June, July or even August until new machines show up.

With the Mac Pro and servers the only ones not using that chipset it is possible that they could be introduced sooner, like in April (NAB?).

Is anyone who's holding out really wanting to wait until April and June/July respectively (that's another 4 months!) for new machines?

Or is anyone actually believing that e.g. HD MacBook Pros (using true 1920x1200 resolution, and scaling the tiny fonts with resolution independence) will be introduced at NAB with a May ship date? I wouldn't bet on it...

Seeing all these long delays with the chipset, I guess Apple is in no hurry to release Leopard either as most people would want to wait to upgrade their hardware at the same time.

Seems like not much is going to happen this quarter and it'll likely be end of next quarter before anything really starts happening...

post #56 of 202
I'm sure glad I bought my Mac Pro with the X1900 XT when it first came out (never thought it would take so long for the next model), but I'll be in the market for a new display when they ship. I bought the 20" with the idea of relegating it to second monitor status. Hopefully, the next generation of displays will have new features - and lower prices.
The first commandment of ALL religions is to provide a comfortable living for the priesthood.
Reply
The first commandment of ALL religions is to provide a comfortable living for the priesthood.
Reply
post #57 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfeier View Post

I'm sure glad I bought my Mac Pro with the X1900 XT when it first came out (never thought it would take so long for the next model), but I'll be in the market for a new display when they ship. I bought the 20" with the idea of relegating it to second monitor status. Hopefully, the next generation of displays will have new features - and lower prices.

gfeier,

Since you bought the Mac Pro with the optional X1900 XT, and not the Mac Pro with standard card, you might not be able to compare any differences, but I hear conflicting reports on the heat issue with the X1900 XT: generates more heat and thus more fan noise and thus higher sound level than the standard carded Mac Pro. Any thoughts on my question.



Holding out for rev. B on Mac Pro and Leopard. Hopefully new displays will be out also. Would love a smaller Mac Pro tower so I wouldn't have to reconfigure again my custom cabinet I originally had made for a G3 tower.
2009 Quad 2.66 Mac Pro, 12 GB OWC RAM, ATI 4870, Wi-Fi Card 802.11n, AppleCare, 4 WD Caviar Black 1TB HD's, 2 SuperDrives, 24" Apple LED Display.
Reply
2009 Quad 2.66 Mac Pro, 12 GB OWC RAM, ATI 4870, Wi-Fi Card 802.11n, AppleCare, 4 WD Caviar Black 1TB HD's, 2 SuperDrives, 24" Apple LED Display.
Reply
post #58 of 202
I'm expecting the new MBP around the end of May or into early June but no later than that. The new MB would be around mid-June.

Since the iMac would also use Santa Rosa, I'd expect to see that first, say around May 22, ± 1 week.

BTW, I changed my MBP specs to include 1GB of flash, not 1MB.
post #59 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendannoyer View Post

you looking for new hardware and/or Leopard BEFORE you buy something?
does it feel so close that you want to hold off?
but you STILL wanna buy something NOW

Personally I'm waiting for at LEAST a mini update, but on the off chance the Mac Pro gets a major update, then who knows.

im also watching out for a new widescreen iPod and or iPhone.

all this and a PS3 at some point (they aint out in the UK yet) its looking like an expensive year.

I'm waiting for Leopard and a Macbook Pro update. I also hope that the new MBP's have a higher resolution (smaller pixels) and a better video card.

I've sold some stock so I got the money. I'll be going from a 450 MHz single processor G4 with a radeon 8500 to a dual core machine that can run windows. Can't wait...

- Mark
post #60 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

I'm waiting for Leopard and a Macbook Pro update. I also hope that the new MBP's have a higher resolution (smaller pixels) and a better video card.

I've sold some stock so I got the money. I'll be going from a 450 MHz single processor G4 with a radeon 8500 to a dual core machine that can run windows. Can't wait...

- Mark

Goodness, by the time the new MBP comes out, about 3 months from now, your stock might be worth more than what you sold it at, unless maybe you sold above 95. Sure, the stock could well go lower over the next few weeks but by the time the MBP comes out, it should be back in the mid-90s. I'm expecting about 150 next January.

Santa Rosa won't be officially announced and ship in quantity until May but PC makers already have what they need to revise their offerings. Companies like Apple should be ready to go into full production right away and be ready to ship the first units, presumably the iMacs, by May 22 (± 1 week).
post #61 of 202
Am I holding out for new hardware?

Yeah.

I want a new laptop, but the one I have will do until August when I start Graduate School. I would buy one now, but to honest, most of the stuff out now for laptops isn't all that new as far as technology goes. "New" meaning having come out in the last six months or so. I mean, I almost bought a Dell M1210 back in October, and that's STILL the only computer on the market that meets my criteria, and nothing about it has changed since October.

I'd rather wait until the next new wave of things comes out. I'd feel better that way.

What do I want in a laptop? Well, ideally I'd like something like the Dell M1210. Basically it's the equivalent of the oft-rumored 12" Macbook Pro. It has a Core 2 Duo processor, discrete graphics, up to 4 GB of RAM, and oodles of ports. I'm holding off in the hopes that Apple might release something like that. The screen on the Dell is ruddy awful though, and impossible to see anywhere but in a dark room, so I won't be getting one of those.

Secondly, if I can't get a 12" or less laptop with discrete graphics (and they're rare!), then I'd want an ultraportable. Something more along the lines of the Sony TX series with great battery life. This is something else that Apple doesn't offer, and something I'm hoping to see if the 12" MBP doesn't make an appearence. I think there have been recent rumors about this as well.

So, yeah, I'm waiting. There's to be some processor upgrades this year from Intel, Santa Rosa and Penryn, and I'm hoping to see some more options appear when those become available. I'll wait until WWDC to look seriously again, but if Apple doesn't have any offerings by then I'll start checking out PCs again.

Cheers,
CT
post #62 of 202
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

I'm waiting for Leopard and a Macbook Pro update. I also hope that the new MBP's have a higher resolution (smaller pixels) and a better video card.

I've sold some stock so I got the money. I'll be going from a 450 MHz single processor G4 with a radeon 8500 to a dual core machine that can run windows. Can't wait...

- Mark

holy cow will you notice a difference
post #63 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

I'm waiting for Leopard and a Macbook Pro update. I also hope that the new MBP's have a higher resolution (smaller pixels) and a better video card.

I've sold some stock so I got the money. I'll be going from a 450 MHz single processor G4 with a radeon 8500 to a dual core machine that can run windows. Can't wait...

- Mark

You beat me, mate. I thought the 5 yrs and 7 mos I've had my single 867 G4 was a lot. So I'm guessing you bought in--what?--early 2000?

You're approaching my record. The longest I've ever had a single computer was a Mac Plus (8MHz, 512K RAM, B&W 9-inch monitor, with a single 3.5" floppy drive--later upgraded with a fancy-dancy second external floppy drive) which I and my family had from Dec 85 to Dec 93--eight years--when I bought a Performa with a blazing 60Mhz PPC 601, 8MB RAM, a 350MB HDD, and a fancy 15-inch color monitor capable of displaying 640x480 in thousands of colors.

That thing seemed great at the time, but couldn't even play an MP3 track without stuttering...How many times more powerful is my 80GB iPod? Or even my 512MB shuffle?

Like you, I can't wait. Santa Rosa goodness, come to papa!

Going from (probably):

Single 867MHz G4--------------------->Dual Core 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo
133MHz bus---------------------------->800 MHz bus (almost as fast as my old proc)
640 MB RAM---------------------------->2GB RAM
60GB HDD------------------------------>120GB HDD \
32MB video (dedicated)--------------->64MB(or is SR 128MB?) video (shared)
desktop tower-------------------------->portable
15" flat panel display 1024x768------>13.3" WS display 1280x800
~$3000---------------------------------->~$1500 8)
post #64 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCQ View Post

You beat me, mate. I thought the 5 yrs and 7 mos I've had my single 867 G4 was a lot. So I'm guessing you bought in--what?--early 2000?

You're approaching my record. The longest I've ever had a single computer was a Mac Plus (8MHz, 512K RAM, B&W 9-inch monitor, with a single 3.5" floppy drive--later upgraded with a fancy-dancy second external floppy drive) which I and my family had from Dec 85 to Dec 93--eight years--when I bought a Performa with a blazing 60Mhz PPC 601, 8MB RAM, a 350MB HDD, and a fancy 15-inch color monitor capable of displaying 640x480 in thousands of colors.

That thing seemed great at the time, but couldn't even play an MP3 track without stuttering...How many times more powerful is my 80GB iPod? Or even my 512MB shuffle?

Like you, I can't wait. Santa Rosa goodness, come to papa!

Going from (probably):

Single 867MHz G4--------------------->Dual Core 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo
133MHz bus---------------------------->800 MHz bus (almost as fast as my old proc)
640 MB RAM---------------------------->2GB RAM
60GB HDD------------------------------>120GB HDD \
32MB video (dedicated)--------------->64MB(or is SR 128MB?) video (shared)
desktop tower-------------------------->portable
15" flat panel display 1024x768------>13.3" WS display 1280x800
~$3000---------------------------------->~$1500 8)

$1500 for on board video is a little to much and gma 950 can use to up about 256 mb SR is 300 something.
post #65 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_the_dragon View Post

$1500 for on board video is a little to much and gma 950 can use to up about 256 mb SR is 300 something.

Trust me. I'd prefer a real, even if low-end video card. Especially considering Apple's push with the whole "Core Video/etc," thing which offloads work to the video card--kinda defeats the purpose when there is no video card. Intense graphics also often put a heavy load on the processor; integrated graphics then equals a double-hit to performance.

When Apple began using the 950 when it switched the mini to Intel, I went from being a promoter of the minis (even if I thought the use of the 2.5" HDDs was stupid) to being neutral, if not an outright detractor of them. It's why I haven't bought a MacBook already, despite the age and increasing flakiness of my Quicksilver. But the X3000 seems to provide enough of an improvement in hardware that I can grudgingly accept it, given that I don't really have the cash for a MBP at this point in my life. But I will also wait a while to see the reports on its performance. If they indicate the MBs are less than satisfactory, my wife and I will see what we can do to purchase a MBP (which would put a dent in our plans to buy an iPhone or two). It may mean waiting a bit longer and breaking out the MacGuyver Handbook and seeing how long we can keep the tower running. Tin foil? Fishing line? Bubble gum?
post #66 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post

Goodness, by the time the new MBP comes out, about 3 months from now, your stock might be worth more than what you sold it at, unless maybe you sold above 95. Sure, the stock could well go lower over the next few weeks but by the time the MBP comes out, it should be back in the mid-90s. I'm expecting about 150 next January.

Actually, the stock I sold was from a large semiconductor company based in Texas.

I wish I had bought Apple stock back when Apple bought NeXT and got Steve Jobs back at the helm. I think it was around $3.00 back then. (Place an Icon of me kicking myself in the rear end..)

- Mark
post #67 of 202
I'll limp along with my (so far) useable old PC until Leopard becomes available. I've never had a Mac before, and I will end up buying a 20" iMac. It would leave a bad taste in my mouth if I went out and bought one now, and then found out that I had to pay substantial (more than $50) money to buy the Leopard upgrade when it comes out.
post #68 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCQ View Post

You beat me, mate. I thought the 5 yrs and 7 mos I've had my single 867 G4 was a lot. So I'm guessing you bought in--what?--early 2000?

You're approaching my record. The longest I've ever had a single computer was a Mac Plus (8MHz, 512K RAM, B&W 9-inch monitor, with a single 3.5" floppy drive--later upgraded with a fancy-dancy second external floppy drive) which I and my family had from Dec 85 to Dec 93--eight years--when I bought a Performa with a blazing 60Mhz PPC 601, 8MB RAM, a 350MB HDD, and a fancy 15-inch color monitor capable of displaying 640x480 in thousands of colors.

I'm not trying to set a record. The only reason I still have this machine is because it still works pretty good (although sometimes, it won't boot up. I have to retry once or twice before it works and this seems to be getting more common lately). There are some things that I can't do very well such as burn a DVD (I did one once and it took hours and hours. I thought the machine had hung up). I've got a lot of video of my family and want to convert it to DVD and luckily, I have a Sony camcorder that can take an analog signal and convert it to digital that comes out it's firewire output. This new MacBook Pro is going to be busy when I get it.

[QUOTE=DCQ;1047451
That thing seemed great at the time, but couldn't even play an MP3 track without stuttering...How many times more powerful is my 80GB iPod? Or even my 512MB shuffle? [/quote]

I don't even own an iPod yet. My two kids have one each. I plan on getting one and almost caved into my lust for the new Nano's with the metal cases. But I want to wait for one more improvement in them. I'd be happy if they doubled the memory at the same price point. But even better would be an iPod that looks like the iPhone without the phone (but with all of the other bells and whistles.)

- Mark
post #69 of 202
Hehe, we should start a club for still having a G4 Powermac over 5 years old. 867 Quicksilver here!! I think I'm holding out for Leopard more than any specific hardware, once Santa Rosa is out and shipping in Mac systems with Leopard, I'll see what there is, because the mac range will probably look very different by then!
post #70 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajprice View Post

Hehe, we should start a club for still having a G4 Powermac over 5 years old. 867 Quicksilver here!! I think I'm holding out for Leopard more than any specific hardware, once Santa Rosa is out and shipping in Mac systems with Leopard, I'll see what there is, because the mac range will probably look very different by then!

Indeed. I'm still using a dual 450 G4 which I hope to replace with a new iMac (next revision) and Leopard. Although to be fair, I do use a dual 2 Ghz G5 Powermac at work (which will also be replaced once Leopard and CS3 roll out).
post #71 of 202
It seems many people feel the same as I do. And, according to a recent statement, Apple still isn't listening. I will join the ten or so people in this thread and say, my ancient Mac is 'good enough' and I will not be buying anything that is currently out or an update to anything that is out. Apple needs to reach out to the market of people who want to spend $1k-$2k (which is what a kicking PC would cost) and who don't want a weakling Mini, an iMac with a screen they don't need, and a Pro that costs too much. Alas, it seems that isn't going to happen so Apple loses our purchases for ANOTHER year.
post #72 of 202
Dear Nicnac & Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post

Apple needs to reach out to the market of people who want to spend $1k-$2k (which is what a kicking PC would cost) and who don't want a weakling Mini, an iMac with a screen they don't need, and a Pro that costs too much.

Hopefully Apple will also reach out to those of us who expect to spend US$6K on a complete workstation with a large, updated display. When was that thirty-incher last updated? Two years ago?

An iMac with a screen no one needs? Well, wouldn't that be the seventeen-inch model? I find the twenty-four-inch model positively wonderful.

My point is that we all desire different things. Some of us want a subnotebook, while some of us hope to see a twenty-inch MacBook Pro. Some of us want a very, very low-cost Mac, while some of us are willing to concede cost in favor of ultimate performance. I'd never spend US$1500 on a video card, but serious gamers don't flinch when making such a purchase.

Sincerely,
Jaddie
post #73 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post

Dear Nicnac & Friends



Hopefully Apple will also reach out to those of us who expect to spend US$6K on a complete workstation with a large, updated display. When was that thirty-incher last updated? Two years ago?

An iMac with a screen no one needs? Well, wouldn't that be the seventeen-inch model? I find the twenty-four-inch model positively wonderful.

My point is that we all desire different things. Some of us want a subnotebook, while some of us hope to see a twenty-inch MacBook Pro. Some of us want a very, very low-cost Mac, while some of us are willing to concede cost in favor of ultimate performance. I'd never spend US$1500 on a video card, but serious gamers don't flinch when making such a purchase.

Sincerely,
Jaddie

apple can push the cost of the dual 2 gig mac pro down and add quad-cores on the top end.
post #74 of 202
Sawtttoh with AT.I 8500 and GigaDesign 1.2 G4. I intend to hold out to 2008 when the next generation of Intel CPU arrives with more advanced vector units, a faster MB with cheaper memory and many more things that will make that box last as long as the G4 tower did
post #75 of 202
I'm waiting on a new mini for my mom, new displays or even further price drops (really want apple's 20 or 23" but not at those prices, if it never happens I'll cave and buy another company's monitor), possibly a new imac, if they release a mid tower or a mid priced mac pro I will definetly get that.
And if I do get that I'd sell my mbp and get a new lowest end macbook.

So if apple plays their cards right I could be throwing a lot of business their way this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
Reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
Reply
post #76 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecking View Post

I'm waiting on a new mini for my mom...

Same boat. Waiting on a new mini for my dad. While I have a couple tablets with the GMA900 that work okay the GMA950 still strikes me as anemic for the long haul.

Vinea
post #77 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecking View Post

I'm waiting on a new mini for my mom, new displays or even further price drops (really want apple's 20 or 23" but not at those prices, if it never happens I'll cave and buy another company's monitor), possibly a new imac, if they release a mid tower or a mid priced mac pro I will definetly get that.
And if I do get that I'd sell my mbp and get a new lowest end macbook.

So if apple plays their cards right I could be throwing a lot of business their way this year.

If your looking at the Displays for your mom, Apple's are probably overkill to say the least. Ben Q, Acer, and Chemei make some pretty good 19-26" displays that come in silver.
post #78 of 202
I'm interested in moving to Intel. I currently use a Powerbook 1.67, which is nice, but a bit on the slow side compared to other computers I work with daily, mainly G5 models of various sorts. I'll probably wait until Leopard/Santa Rosa and then get a MBP.
post #79 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

If your looking at the Displays for your mom, Apple's are probably overkill to say the least. Ben Q, Acer, and Chemei make some pretty good 19-26" displays that come in silver.

The display is for me, when I get her a mini, I'm gonna hand off my current 17" lcd to her (which is silver) and get myself a 20-23" display, maybe I'll even stretch to a 26". Thanks for the heads up on the other manufacturers that offer in silver though, I'm going to look into them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
Reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
Reply
post #80 of 202
I am holding off for Leopard and hopefully some hardware bumps.

Looking to buy a 15" or 17" MBP with an updated 20" or 23" Cinema Display with a copy of Aperture.

I hope this is released ASAP, but get a sinking feeling that this will not be updated until WWDC in June. Santa Rosa across the board would be my guess.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › So Whos holding out for NEW hardware?