or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › MacBook Pro grey discolouration on display

MacBook Pro grey discolouration on display

post #1 of 2
I bought a refurbished MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.16ghz 1GB RAM 15.4 display. Runs very fast, I'm really happy with it.

Except...

I have noticed two areas of discolouration on the display. They are grey patches that can be seen clearly against a white background. When I move viewing position and look down on the display, the grey areas invert and turn white. This suggests to me that there is a fault with the display.

I tried the obvious in cleaning the display with iClean. This made the display surface look as new but the grey patches are still there.

I've been using my new mac non-stop since I bought it a month ago and am really reluctant to part with it. I'm also a bit picky when it comes to the quality of my display (which is one of the many reasons I chose to buy a MBP) so would like to get this fixed.

Is anyone else having problems with grey, patchy areas of discolouration on their MBP displays? You can't notice them when playing games or watching films, but when I'm browsing the web it looks like someone has smeared my display and can be a little distracting.

Has anyone heard if Apple will repair a fault like this under warranty?
post #2 of 2
I took my MBP to an apple repair centre and they tell me that this display problem is covered under warranty (as long as there are no dents or footprints on the display).

If anyone else has this fault, get it repaired before the warranty runs out!

Not sure what to do about these withdrawal symptoms while it's in for repair though...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › MacBook Pro grey discolouration on display