or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Cookie blocker for safari

Cookie blocker for safari

post #1 of 6
I have been using firefox for my browsing purposes, but I recently have started experimenting with Safari. There are features of Safari that I like, but I can't seem to find a good plug-in like "cookiesafe" for Safari that allows me to block all cookies except those that I specifically allow. This is the only thing that is preventing me from going Safari full time.

Can anyone in insiderdom offer any tips on how to make Safari do what I want it to do?
post #2 of 6
Have you tried the Preferences?

Why would someone make a plugin for something that the program already does?
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmightdothat View Post

Have you tried the Preferences?

Why would someone make a plugin for something that the program already does?

In the preferences I can set Safari to reject all cookies, but there is no setting that I can see to have Safari ask me which cookies to accept and which to reject. I can also set Safari to reject third-party cookies. This is important to me when I surf Digg, for example. It sends me to all sorts of weird sites. I don't need their cookies to follow me around the web.
post #4 of 6
Ah, I seem to have misunderstood what you wanted. But still, one question remains: why would you care about cookies? Is your hard drive measured in megabytes rather than gigabytes?
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmightdothat View Post

Ah, I seem to have misunderstood what you wanted. But still, one question remains: why would you care about cookies? Is your hard drive measured in megabytes rather than gigabytes?

Call me paranoid about my privacy!
post #6 of 6
An update if anyone is interested. Via the Pimp My Safari website, I found a plugin called SafariPlus that does exactly what I need it to. Not quite as nice as the CookieSafe plugin for Firefox, but very useful none the less. I guess I will be trying out Safari more and more as my primary browser.

On another note. Can anyone offer comments on Saft and PithHelmet?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Cookie blocker for safari