or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Down with Fox News!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Down with Fox News! - Page 2

post #41 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside grabowski View Post

I would respect a Dem candidate with the confidence to do an hour with Bill O'Reilly' or Hannity. Don't see any though. The Dems are doing their best to mess up the break that they got with the fluke election last November.

What, so Bill could ask a question and as soon as he's done asking it tell them to "SHUT UP!"? Or have Hannity preface every question with, "So as a liberal terrorist-loving hippy, <insert question here>?"
post #42 of 267
Hannity: So tell me, as a liberal terrorist-appeaser, explain to me in what ways you hate the troops the most. I'll take hesitation as a sign that you hate them in so many ways that you can't make up your mind.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #43 of 267
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

What, so Bill could ask a question and as soon as he's done asking it tell them to "SHUT UP!"? Or have Hannity preface every question with, "So as a liberal terrorist-loving hippy, <insert question here>?"

O'Reilly is really not that bad most of the time. He's actually defended various liberals in the last year or so. He does yell, but less than he did used to....far less.

Hannity is a bit worse, I grant you. I agree with him on most political positions, but I can't really listen to him anymore. His questions are actually speeches, and he has got to be the most ADD host EVER. He's also very condescending to young people....asking 20 year olds what they "want to be when they grow up," and what not. His attitudes and opinions about relationships are really out there too. It's like he's living in the 1950s.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #44 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

This kind of post shows clearly you don't actually watch Fox News. And let me ask, what is the difference between the supposed attitudes of Ailes and Murdoch as compared to the big wigs at CBS and NBC? Hmmm?

Oh! Oh! I know! I know!

Ahem..... Whereas Alies and Murdoch quite explicitly intend Fox to be a conservative operation that frequently acts as little more than the media mouthpiece for the Republican party, the big wigs at CBS and NBC are easily cowed business people who live in terror of being branded "liberal" and so bend over backwards to provide "balance" even where reality is not, playing up non-stories regarding Bad Stuff About Democrats whenever the Republicans are being particularly scandalous, because everyone knows Everybody Does It, even when they don't.

I see that ABC is off the list, so apparently their recent pandering has impressed even you.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #45 of 267
To be honest, I don't watch or listen to either of them. I did listen to Bill O when he was on the radio here. Regardless, I would respect a Dem who would let her or himself be interviewed by someone with very different positions than their own. Not to go on Fox is to hide from Fox. Anyone wanting to be President should be able to hold his or her own with these guys..
"some catch on faster than others"
Reply
"some catch on faster than others"
Reply
post #46 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

'box... are you familiar with the GRAVITAS incident? That speaks VOLUMES about who is getting the DNC faxes.

I love that. The GRAVITAS incident. Do you use that as the password at the secret Death to the Liberal Media meetings?

As far as I can make out, right wing perception of liberal bias is largely a matter of feeling and tone, something that is pretty much in the eye of the beholder. When you assume the person talking secretly hates the president, it's pretty easy to interpret every pause and raised eyebrow as a covert sign of contempt, and to regard any story that puts the admin or any Republican in a bad light as naked partisanship, no matter how reality based.

All of that is a little thin, however, and I think folks who think this way know it. So there have to be a few "incidents" to make the case, beloved little gems that are endlessly circulated amongst the believers.

A lot of right wing indignation seems to work like this: since any fair accounting of actual patterns and frequencies and trends simply don't support the stubborn notion that conservatives are somehow beleaguered and ill used, one must substitute fetishized anecdotes to prop up the world view.

Actual liberals, on the other hand, need merely to turn on their televisions or open their newspapers to note the striking absence of liberal voices in the public sphere. When I say "liberal", mind you, I'm not talking about the person who's job it is to mildly disagree with some savage right wing attack ("Well, I wouldn't go so far to say that Edwards is actually a woman, although he obviously doesn't fit the Bush mold of rugged outdoorsman.....")

The airwaves and print media are dominated by fire-breathing attack right wing punditry, merely aggressive right wing punditry, what used to be considered mainstream conservatism, centrist conservatism, slightly liberal on a few issues centrism, and a bit of almost apologetic liberalism that is quick to point out that it's not going to go crazy or anything.

And of course it all works out splendidly because "liberalism" can then be defined as "disagrees that Obama's name is going to be a huge problem" and "crazy-oh-my-God-I-think-he-has-a-gun" radical socialist liberalism as what we used to call a Democrat.

None of this is surprising and it's not a secret as to how it came to be. The strategists of the right were very explicit in their plans to paint the left as crazy and out of touch and not normal and extreme, and how that should be backed up by an organized, persistent campaign to bludgeon the media into agreeing with that characterization.

What's also not surprising, but pretty depressing, is all the people who have forgotten that this was all just a political strategy and concluded that, yes, Colmes is quite the liberal and certainly a balance for all the strenuous conservatism that surrounds him.

If actual liberal voices suddenly appeared on America's airwaves in proportionate numbers and in proportionate ferocity to the existing right wing ecology, the right would simply go insane. It would mean starting with Keith Olberman as a baseline, going left and strident from their, and doing it about a dozen times.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #47 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

This kind of post shows clearly you don't actually watch Fox News. And let me ask, what is the difference between the supposed attitudes of Ailes and Murdoch as compared to the big wigs at CBS and NBC? Hmmm?

Like you, I believe in market forces. The cable news companies are "entertainment" enterprises designed to make money. They are beholden to their own interests based on who they believe their audience is. Therefore they are subject to all the criteria the market might use to spend it's money. If grassroots organizations on the left or right decided that they are not being best served by any given market or company then they have every right to "influence" how their presidential candidates are presented.

I'm sure you fully supported the grassroots movement by the right to oust Dan Rather.

This is the Democrats movement to oust FoxNews from Democrat debates. Different situations. Same motivation. Dan Rather slimed Bush and he was punished. FoxNews slims Dems daily and they should be punished by exclusion from the Dem process.

Will this backfire. I don't know. I think it's risky. Will FoxNews get the hint and at least TRY to be less vitriolic to the Dems? Will FoxNews get their panties in a bunch and go after them even harder? I don't know.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #48 of 267
Arrested Development was a great show, and it was a travesty to have it taken off the air. And to put its last 4 or whatever episodes opposite the superbowl was a crime against humanity.

/thuh Freak didn't find out about the show until it was too late, but now watches it regularly.
post #49 of 267
  • Support our troops (while we send them to an unnecessary war under dishonest pretences and then cut their benefits)
  • Patriot Act (trading freedom for the illusion of security)
  • "This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table."
  • Clean Air Act (letting energy companies emit more air pollution)
  • Healthy Forests Act (letting forestry companies chop down more trees)
  • Homeland / Department of Homeland security (the less said, the better)
  • "Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."
  • Preemptive war (see: Iraq)
  • Global war on terror (terror is not an enemy but a tactic)
  • Unlawful enemy combatants (i.e. prisoners of war, covered by the Geneva Convention)
  • Commander-in-chief (known as "President" to civilians)
  • Patriotism (us, good) v. Nationalism (them, bad)
  • Leave No Child Behind (money tied to phony 'accountability')
  • Freedom is on the March (illegally invading other countries)
  • Forward Strategy of Freedom (unprovoked military attack)
  • Shock and Awe (the war crime of carpet-bombing civilian infrastructure)
  • Free Speech Zone (used to be the entire country)
  • Ownership Society (fuck you, you're on your own)
  • Activist Judges (judges lacking a reactionary conservative ideology)
  • Stay the Course (chase your losses)
  • Family Values (stop poor women from getting access to birth control)
  • Alarmists (anyone who challenges the government's policies)
  • Fair and Balanced (partisan and dogmatic)
  • Culture of Life (killing over half a million people in two unnecessary wars)
  • Office of Faith-Based Initiatives (giving money to right-wing fundamentalists)
  • Intelligent Design (magical creationism in drag)
  • Extraordinary Rendition (outsourcing torture)
  • Quaint (international law against torturing people)
  • Total Information Awareness (Big Brother pays Larry Ellison to watch you)
  • Private Military contractors (mercenaries)
  • Weapons of Mass Destruction (other people's weapons)
  • Embedded Journalists (military propagandists)
  • Hearts and Minds (propaganda)
  • Coalition of the Willing (coalition of the bought)
  • Imminent Threat (fictitious threat)
  • Clear and Present Danger (vague and invented danger)
  • Emerging Threat (invented threat)
  • Failed State (state that doesn't obey the US government)
  • Junk Science (what industry groups call independent research on their products)
  • Counterterrorism (terrorism)

post #50 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

If actual liberal voices suddenly appeared on America's airwaves in proportionate numbers and in proportionate ferocity to the existing right wing ecology, the right would simply go insane. It would mean starting with Keith Olberman as a baseline, going left and strident from their, and doing it about a dozen times.

I simply love that last paragraph. So true.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #51 of 267
Richardson is out now, too.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #52 of 267
And not the Democratic party has said it's backing out in the wake of Ailes's comparison of Obama to bin Laden.

It is now an ex-debate. It has ceased to be.

Good on ya, Democrats.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #53 of 267
For those who believe FoxNews is just another cable news network, I present you this:

From the mouth of the man who runs FoxNews, Roger Ailes...

Quote:
It is true that just in the last two weeks Hillary Clinton has had over 200 phone calls telling her in order to win the presidency she must stay on the road for the next two years. It is not true they were all from Bill.

And it is true that Barack Obama is on the move. I don't know if it's true that President Bush called Musharraf and said, 'Why can't we catch this guy?'

"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #54 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

For those who believe FoxNews is just another cable news network, I present you this:

From the mouth of the man who runs FoxNews, Roger Ailes...

Wow. And, just to further make the point, imagine if the head of, say, the NBC news division made a public "joke" to the effect that Guiliani had a hand in 9/11 because of some kind of mobbed up kick-back scheme or that McCain was a "Manchurian Candidate" who had been turned during his imprisonment in Vietnam.

We would literally never here the end of it. It would become one of those fetishized "incidents" that would need only a passing mention to set right wing heads nodding solemnly over the insane partisanship of the liberal media.

Whereas we read the Ailes comment and just sort of roll our eyes and move on, since it's par for the course.

I really glad the Dems have pulled out of Fox's "debate". I think Obama had the right idea to just freeze out Fox when they started some shit with him.

Dems and liberals in general shouldn't be lulled into the idea that they "need" Fox to appeal to the market. "That market" is already lost to them. Fox is already suffering ratings declines, I would guess at least in part from "stridency fatigue", and if they can't get the objects of their ridicule to present themselves for potshots it just makes the narrowness of the world view being presented all that more evident.

Let them have their insular little world. There is no reason at all to participate in it.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #55 of 267
I wonder how this plays out? FoxNews is obviously embarrassed. There's now going to be a lot of ink and media time spent on whether or not FoxNews is a "conservative mouthpiece" rather than hiding behind a sponsored Democrat debate.

Will FoxNews take this new development seriously and actually try to reach out to Dems? Or will FoxNews become spiteful and angry and lash out (which will only hasten their complete Democrat freeze out).

If they do become spiteful and angry then I will predict that the grassroots progressive movement will begin taking aim at any Dems (like Lieberman) who continue to appear on Fox's shows.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #56 of 267
I imagine that FOX will continue to do what it's always done. It is the most popular network by far, and they have no real reason to change the play that got them to the championship.

Adda's remark about letting them have their little world is a huge chunk of what this is about. Certainly, this is about not rewarding shitty behavior. And even more, it's about exposing that behavior by isolating it. This is, in many ways, an attempt to box them in. Same thing with Dean's 50 state strategy+his forcing the party to pay attention to the West. Box the GOP into the South, essentially. This? box'em into FOX. Cut off the tap. And any Dems that help them by going on their shows aids and abets the enemy.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #57 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I love that. The GRAVITAS incident. Do you use that as the password at the secret Death to the Liberal Media meetings?

Actually, that and that snazzy tinfoil hat will get you in to ALL of our NRA and RNC meetings.

Though I disagree with some of your points, I have to hand it to you for a thoughtful and well-reasoned response. Thanks for adding to the real debate. </props>
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #58 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Actually, that and that snazzy tinfoil hat will get you in to ALL of our NRA and RNC meetings.

Though I disagree with some of your points, I have to hand it to you for a thoughtful and well-reasoned response. Thanks for adding to the real debate. </props>

Oh hell, Jubelum, now you're totally going to throw me off my game. Between gracious remarks like this and my recent spate of agreeing with SDW, where am I going to get my spite?

I demand someone attack me immediately!
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #59 of 267
Liberal.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #60 of 267
er, Liberal!
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #61 of 267
Elitist.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #62 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

So Fox News as far right as Marxism is left?

Well, there is no denying that Fox News can be likened to the propaganda wing of the Bush Administration. And since the Bush Administration is as far to the right as its possible to get without having "tanks in the streets", checkpoints, curfews etc... .. ..

How much further to the right can Fox News get, before it fall off the edge? There certainly isn't any major mainstream news media organization (in the US) which is as far to the left as Fox is to the right.

The popular lefty news media organizations are all based around boutique magazines and publications and the internet (The Nation, Mother Jones etc). There's Air America Radio.... but that is somewhat of a joke.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #63 of 267
Articulate! Clean!
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #64 of 267
um. Those are supposed to be adjectives, not verbs.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #65 of 267
[CENTER]

[/CENTER]
post #66 of 267
Bah!

Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #67 of 267
He ought not speak in public. And he ought not say that democracy invented freedom of the press. Because it's the other way around.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #68 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

He ought not speak in public. And he ought not say that democracy invented freedom of the press. Because it's the other way around.

What a strange, disorienting experience, listening to him say the things he says, while knowing what he does.

By the way, I like clean and articulate better as verbs.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #69 of 267
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Oh! Oh! I know! I know!

Ahem..... Whereas Alies and Murdoch quite explicitly intend Fox to be a conservative operation that frequently acts as little more than the media mouthpiece for the Republican party, the big wigs at CBS and NBC are easily cowed business people who live in terror of being branded "liberal" and so bend over backwards to provide "balance" even where reality is not, playing up non-stories regarding Bad Stuff About Democrats whenever the Republicans are being particularly scandalous, because everyone knows Everybody Does It, even when they don't.

I see that ABC is off the list, so apparently their recent pandering has impressed even you.

.......at the notion that NBC and CBS make any attempt whatsoever to be "balanced."

And yes, I think ABC is a bit better. Just my opinion.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #70 of 267
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Like you, I believe in market forces. The cable news companies are "entertainment" enterprises designed to make money. They are beholden to their own interests based on who they believe their audience is. Therefore they are subject to all the criteria the market might use to spend it's money. If grassroots organizations on the left or right decided that they are not being best served by any given market or company then they have every right to "influence" how their presidential candidates are presented.

I'm sure you fully supported the grassroots movement by the right to oust Dan Rather.

This is the Democrats movement to oust FoxNews from Democrat debates. Different situations. Same motivation. Dan Rather slimed Bush and he was punished. FoxNews slims Dems daily and they should be punished by exclusion from the Dem process.

Will this backfire. I don't know. I think it's risky. Will FoxNews get the hint and at least TRY to be less vitriolic to the Dems? Will FoxNews get their panties in a bunch and go after them even harder? I don't know.

You're actually comparing the attempt to influence an election by using forged documents (and standing by them even when it was proven they were fake) to Fox News "sliming" Dems? Please.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #71 of 267
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Oh hell, Jubelum, now you're totally going to throw me off my game. Between gracious remarks like this and my recent spate of agreeing with SDW, where am I going to get my spite?

I demand someone attack me immediately!

Liberal Scum!
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #72 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Liberal Scum!

Redundancy! 15-love.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #73 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

.......at the notion that NBC and CBS make any attempt whatsoever to be "balanced."

Dude, you watch Fox Views on a daily basis....HTF would you know what "balanced" is anymore??
Sorry, but that's like watching porn and getting offended at the sight of a woman breast feading in public.
post #74 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Oh hell, Jubelum, now you're totally going to throw me off my game. Between gracious remarks like this and my recent spate of agreeing with SDW, where am I going to get my spite?

I demand someone attack me immediately!

Maybe in the spirit of pop culture soundbites I should throw out something like... hmmm.. let's see... "Clean Faggot." Do NOT Misunderestimate me! I am the decider! 8)
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #75 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Maybe in the spirit of pop culture soundbites I should throw out something like... hmmm.. let's see... "Clean Faggot." Do NOT Misunderestimate me! I am the decider! 8)

Uh oh. I'm still going with Midwinter's verb thing, so "Clean Faggot" sounds like step three in an extremely alarming instruction manual.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #76 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Uh oh. I'm still going with Midwinter's verb thing, so "Clean Faggot" sounds like step three in an extremely alarming instruction manual.

"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #77 of 267
I couldn't see if this has mentioned or not because of all the stuff flying here but these guys really know how to target themselves don't they?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/...led/index.html

Conservatives need to learn to " straighten up and fly right " as my dad used to say. Or they'll be out for a very long time.

Ok in looking back in the thread I guess it has. However this is just futher proof of Fox News and their bias.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #78 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Uh oh. I'm still going with Midwinter's verb thing, so "Clean Faggot" sounds like step three in an extremely alarming instruction manual.

1) Articulate
2) clean liberal scum
3) clean faggot
4) ...
5) PROFIT!
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #79 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I couldn't see if this has mentioned or not because of all the stuff flying here but these guys really know how to target themselves don't they?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/...led/index.html

Conservatives need to learn to " straighten up and fly right " as my dad used to say. Or they'll be out for a very long time.

Ok in looking back in the thread I guess it has. However this is just futher proof of Fox News and their bias.

From the linked article:

Quote:
Fox News Vice President David Rhodes responded to the debate cancellation with a written statement saying MoveOn.org owns the Democratic Party.

Well, that certainly puts to rest any notion that Fox would be an adversarial debate host. Balanced out though, by the fact that executives within the NBC and CBS news organizations are given to declaring that the Republican party is in the clutches of right wing extremist thugs, when that party refuses to cooperate with NBC or CBS.

Dropping out of this thing is one of the more refreshing things the Dems have done in years. As has often been noted by many on these boards, you can't win on the other guys field, playing by the other guys rules. You have to run your own game.

As long as the Dems try to operate within the noise machine they are on the defensive, explaining and apologizing, and then being characterized as weak as indecisive for that.

Next up: freakin' message discipline. Get your guys on the (not Fox) venues and drum home the talking points. That will also necessitate publicly repudiating people like Joe Liberman, so they can't be used as "moderate Democrats" who just happen to think their party is tragically misguided and the President is a stud.

They don't have to call Lieberman a dick or anything, just something to the effect that Joe doesn't speak for the Dems or pretty much anybody but himself, so when you have him as a guest it provides no insight into anything of importance.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #80 of 267
Welcome to the Nevada Presidential Debate.

Very cute and very true.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Down with Fox News!