or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Name That Movie Game - Pop Culture en Perpetua

Name That Movie Game - Pop Culture en Perpetua - Page 5

post #161 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

Oh yeah.

That one.

Maybe something like this will be easier:

hint is in the file name.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #162 of 169
!!
post #163 of 169
Mission Impossible II?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #164 of 169
Howsabout a clip?
post #165 of 169
State and Main. Loves me some Mamet. And Rebecca Pigeon, never hotter.

"It was either that, or a sardine"
post #166 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

State and Main. Loves me some Mamet. And Rebecca Pigeon, never hotter.

"It was either that, or a sardine"

I knew there was a reason we got along so virtually well. Mmmm. Rebecca Pigeon.

We make all our hardcore feminist theory friends' heads explode when they come over because we are a pro-Mamet household.

Aside:

many, many years ago (1996? 1997?) there was a web page of "What if David Mamet wrote Star Wars?" It looked something like this:

Darth Vader: Luke, I amno. Yes. Yes. I understand. No. No. NO. That is NOT the point. The point is. The point is. The point is. IT'S ABOUT TRUTH! DON'T YOU SEE? IT'S ABOUTyes. Yes. I believe. Yes. Your father. Yes. You see? You see now?
post #167 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

I knew there was a reason we got along so virtually well. Mmmm. Rebecca Pigeon.

We make all our hardcore feminist theory friends' heads explode when they come over because we are a pro-Mamet household.

Aside:

many, many years ago (1996? 1997?) there was a web page of "What if David Mamet wrote Star Wars?" It looked something like this:

Darth Vader: Luke, I amno. Yes. Yes. I understand. No. No. NO. That is NOT the point. The point is. The point is. The point is. IT'S ABOUT TRUTH! DON'T YOU SEE? IT'S ABOUTyes. Yes. I believe. Yes. Your father. Yes. You see? You see now?

I've got a copy of "Oleanna" that I put on sometimes because it makes me laugh hard.
post #168 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I've got a copy of "Oleanna" that I put on sometimes because it makes me laugh hard.

Yeah. That one doesn't make me laugh much. Have you seen Spartan?
post #169 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Yeah. That one doesn't make me laugh much. Have you seen Spartan?

Yeah, but for me the telegraphic mono-sylabic actually makes passing sense for the genre.

I get the feeling Mamet directed Macy and, um, the girl in Oleanna to stay as far away from naturalism as possible, and the resulting line readings just strike me as funny (although I admit the actual proceedings are grim).

Oh, yeah. I guess that wouldn't tickle your funny bone much.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Name That Movie Game - Pop Culture en Perpetua